Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Road Trip (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31571)

Fleet1 07-09-2009 11:58 AM

Road Trip

Camaro's of Houston Club road trip is scheduled for Sunday July the 19th. We will meet at the McDonalds at 7410 Cullen Blvd, Houston, TX at 10.30 am, have a short drivers meeting ,hand out maps. We will go on an approx 2 1/2 hour trip ending at a restaurant to relax and enjoy lunch.

Be sure to have a full tank of gas and an empty bladder!!!!

Please forward this information all Camaro owners.

Regards,

Jerry Johnson
Manager/Inventory
Corvette/Camaro
281 561 9900
832 628 2043
Champion Chevrolet Hwy 6
houstonautodealersrebateincentive.com

P.S. For those that could not make this trip, if have starting planning for next month's run. Anyone that has an idea, suggestion's or can help organize please contact me at johnsonj16@autonation.com

P.S.S. The next club meeting is Friday July 24th 7 pm at Champion Chevy Hwy 6.

manchimp 07-09-2009 11:46 PM

I'll be there!

txcamarogirl 07-10-2009 01:05 PM

I will be there also.

Dinky Toy 07-10-2009 05:15 PM

I'm in!

firstmate 07-14-2009 12:25 PM

Hi, I wanted to touch base on this ride... I have never been a member of a club before, and wanted to find out if this is handled as a surprise type of event, or if we can know some details before the day comes. Like where we are headed, even if only a general direction. Also, when these are done do we each plan for our own lunch or are the restaurants backing this to try and bring in business with the cars displayed? Or are the cars even displayed?

Sorry, I just wasn't sure about how these work.

Thanks!!!

Fleet1 07-14-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstmate (Post 678953)
Hi, I wanted to touch base on this ride... I have never been a member of a club before, and wanted to find out if this is handled as a surprise type of event, or if we can know some details before the day comes. Like where we are headed, even if only a general direction. Also, when these are done do we each plan for our own lunch or are the restaurants backing this to try and bring in business with the cars displayed? Or are the cars even displayed?

Sorry, I just wasn't sure about how these work.

Thanks!!!

The event is organized by a club member, the route is not given out till just before the run, we stop to eat at a chosen place, each person pays for their own food and drink. We do not show the cars, however it is a sight to see 20 or so Camaro's parked in one place. All Camaro's are welcome.

firstmate 07-16-2009 06:13 PM

So, was wondering if this is a rain or shine event also, as it is supposed to rain for a change. First one for me so I thought I would make sure. There weren't very many people that responded here on the forum, is there a minimum where the smaller group would opt not to make the road trip? Again, I am curious as this would be my first one. Sorry for all the questions guys (and gals)!!!

Thanks!!!

Fleet1 07-17-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleet1 (Post 662510)
Camaro's of Houston Club road trip is scheduled for Sunday July the 19th. We will meet at the McDonalds at 7410 Cullen Blvd, Houston, TX at 10.30 am, have a short drivers meeting ,hand out maps. We will go on an approx 2 1/2 hour trip ending at a restaurant to relax and enjoy lunch.

Be sure to have a full tank of gas and an empty bladder!!!!

Please forward this information all Camaro owners.

Regards,

Jerry Johnson
Manager/Inventory
Corvette/Camaro
281 561 9900
832 628 2043
Champion Chevrolet Hwy 6
houstonautodealersrebateincentive.com

P.S. For those that could not make this trip, if have starting planning for next month's run. Anyone that has an idea, suggestion's or can help organize please contact me at johnsonj16@autonation.com

P.S.S. The next club meeting is Friday July 24th 7 pm at Champion Chevy Hwy 6.

Due to a 50 % chance of rain Sunday the road trip is rescheduled for Sunday July 26th.

firstmate 07-26-2009 08:22 AM

Bump

This road trip is happening today in Houston... It had been planned for 7-19 but was postponed to 7-26 due to the rain chance. Come on, let's have some fun with our Camaro's!!!