Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2011 Camaro Whitebook now available (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120246)

fixxer56 12-16-2010 06:59 AM

2011 Camaro Whitebook now available

http://www.camarowhitebook.com/
Got this email this morning, for anyone interested!

Good morning, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

Just in time for Christmas.....

The Camaro White Book -- written by our fellow Camaro/Corvette Enthusiast, Mike Antonick has been completely updated. Each year has been reviewed and updated with additional information - plus build counts have been added for the 2010 model year - plus an overview of the 2011 model year is also included. Not to be forgotten: An "Addenda" section that includes build counts for 1LE, B4C, GMMG Camaros, Berger Camaros, Earnhardt Camaros, Tom Henry Racing Camaros - - and more.

The Camaro White Book is the 'Bible' when it comes to the production history of all Camaros. Working with GM, Mike has been able to capture build counts, engine casting numbers, and content for Camaros clear back to the very beginning in the late summer of 1966. I can't imagine going to a Camaro Event without a copy in my briefcase.

You can order on-line at: www.camarowhitebook.com

Here's an overview: (taken from the website)

Camaro White Book 1967-2011

In 2010, Camaro returned with a vengeance. First shown at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in 2006, the Camaro made the transition from concept show car to street almost unchanged. The market has responded with banner first-year sales of 129,405, all coupes in five trim levels including two SS variants with versions of Corvette motors.

For 2011, things rolled on with introduction of a convertible model. The Hurst shifter option was finally available after a year of being on hold. Nieman-Markus offered a specially-equipped, Deep Bordeaux Red 2011 Camaro convertible in its catalog for $75,000. It sold out in three minutes...

Sounds like it’s time for a new Camaro White Book.

Since 1985...
The first Camaro White Book was published in 1985. New editions followed in 1987, 1993, 1997, and 2002. We thought that last one would be the last one. But Camaro came back and now the White Book has too. Just as the car has evolved, so has the book. Camaro White Books are still pocket-sized, but with thousands of Camaro facts, options and option codes, exterior and interior colors and codes, production figures, engine block and head casting numbers, original “window sticker” prices, and a compilation of the details that make each model unique. All this is presented year-by-year...tons of information in an accessible format. White Books have never been compilations of someone else's inaccurate, incomplete charts. These are start from scratch, thoroughly researched, beautifully presented. And the latest 1967-2011 edition is far and away the best yet.

Better than ever

The latest Camaro White Book has been resized by adding nearly an inch to its height. The extra space permitted the addition of more data for every model year. For starters, the book now contains V8 engine block and head casting numbers for every Camaro from 1967 through 2011. Alan Colvin, author of the superb Chevrolet by the Numbers books researched and provided this data. To our knowledge, no other single book has attempted this. Historical context has been added by including the thoughts of writers “back in the day.” Complete 2010 data is presented including production volumes for options and colors. Introductory material for 2011 is covered, including option descriptions and pricing breakdowns for coupes and convertibles. Simply put, no other Camaro book comes close.

Authenticity

No one’s perfect, but after a quarter century of attention to detail, the Camaro White Book has become the enthusiast’s go-to reference. Next time you’re at a Camaro event, look what’s stuffed into the back pockets of the pros.

Specs

160 pages, softbound, 4.375" x 10" vertical, 64 b/w photos, uncountable facts. $19.95

Buy 1967-2011 Edition Now

Notice
Michael Bruce Associates, Inc., and the Camaro White Book are not associated with or sponsored by General Motors Company or its Chevrolet Motor Division.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

SuperH 12-16-2010 07:08 AM

Thanks!

v6sonoma 12-16-2010 10:28 AM

:popcorn:

426 SS/RS 12-16-2010 02:58 PM

Mike is a truly GREAT guy!! Met him a few years go at his cousin's son's wedding (we were both in the ceremony). The cousin lives next door to me here in Orange Beach, Alabama. Sat around with him that whole weekend listening to hm talk about cars.

Small world, never thought I would be reading about his work on a website about a car I own! See him whenever he comes to visit, can't wait for his next visit to show him my car.

Called my neighbor to tell her he was mentioned on the site and she told me that she had spoken with him a few days ago, after seeing me cleaning my car up, and that I would be getting a really special delivery from him for Christmas...wonder what it will be???

2010 SSRS 12-16-2010 03:05 PM

ordering one now

chriscrash37 12-16-2010 04:02 PM

is the link broken?

fixxer56 12-16-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriscrash37 (Post 2644361)
is the link broken?

Nope, just tried it again

http://www.corvetteblackbook.com/purchase.html

chriscrash37 12-17-2010 08:18 AM

yep...it's working now ... not sure why I couldn't get through ... thanks !!

Cam#7 12-17-2010 02:26 PM

A definite must once the Gen 5 comes to an end and we have a final tally.

Revo1 12-19-2010 12:35 PM

:w00t:

Char1ieone 12-19-2010 12:46 PM

Oh I am soooo getting this!

J-F 12-19-2010 01:56 PM

Got one coming Thanks

KILLER74Z28 12-19-2010 02:30 PM

Sweet... On my list of things to get. :thumbsup:

REAPER SS 12-19-2010 03:38 PM

:thumbup:Thanks for the post