Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I here by proclaim the Summer of 2009 as - Camaro Summer (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20988)

Number 3 05-02-2009 08:06 AM

I here by proclaim the Summer of 2009 as - Camaro Summer

A cheesey rip-off of a bad movie I know, but with the economy in shambles, Chrysler in Bankruptcy, GM cuttig back hard, I think we as enthusiasts should focus on the best thing to happen in the car world in some time, the launch of the 2010 Camaro.

I say we make this our summer. Not just posts of getting your car which is certailnly step 1, but posts on what you do with your car. Not what you plan to do, what you do with it. Vacations, Trips, cruises, car shows, family picnics, teaching someone to drive a stick, you name it.

Can Camaro owners single handedly pull the economy upward? Probably not. But what I can tell you having driven Number 3, Number 296 and Thor for thousands of miles over the past 5 months is the universal appeal this car has. It transcends the economy and job worries and money concerns and simply makes allmost everyone smile. It makes people..........happy. You will meet people you wouldn't have otherwise, talk to people you would never have imagined and make friends you might not have thought possible.

So that is my request to you. Get your cars out there. Use your cars. Do things with them. And post them here on Camaro5.

FenwickHockey65 05-02-2009 08:10 AM

:word:

...Small rays of sunshine in a bleak world...

Someone needs to get their manual Camaro to West Chester and teach me to drive a stick...:yikes:

GOLDDOG 05-02-2009 08:12 AM

I would love to get mine out there but they still haven't built it yet. NEWMAN!!!!

ssdavidw 05-02-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 451389)
But what I can tell you having driven Number 3, Number 296 and Thor for thousands of miles over the past 5 months is the universal appeal this car has. It transcends the economy and job worries and money concerns and simply makes allmost everyone smile. It makes people..........happy. You will meet people you wouldn't have otherwise, talk to people you would never have imagined and make friends you might not have thought possible.

I have to agree with your post and I am looking forward to all of the Camaro pictures and stories to be posted over the next few months.

While not on the same scale, when I got my Avalanche shortly after they started production, the reaction was very similar to what you describe. Everyone wanted to see the truck. People would smile and wave. Everyone wanted a demo of the "Change for $1" commercial. It's a great feeling to be able to share something that has such a positive effect on people.

:thumbup:

2SSRS@Gen5diy 05-02-2009 08:20 AM

I would love to get my Camaro out there but they still haven't shipped it.

3 SS's 05-02-2009 08:31 AM

Great idea... but we need the cars first! ;)

bluch 05-02-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLDDOG (Post 451398)
I would love to get mine out there but they still haven't built it yet. NEWMAN!!!!

Silver Streak 05-02-2009 09:04 AM

:chevy: :headbang: :thumbup:

SQUALO 05-02-2009 09:36 AM

For those of you who are STILL complaining that you don't have your cars, enough already. The thread indicates what you do WITH your cars (duh!)

I hope everyone truly appreciates the car, realizes the major obstacles it faced, to not even being built as mentioned in the book. Even after all the bad publicity of building muscle cars in this era of turmoil & energy crisis, the "General" still had a determined team who would not give up. In doing so, they showed the world what they were capable of, and brought it to, not only the forefront, but TO PRODUCTION!

Live on Camaro, and enjoy!:thumbup:

Thank you Number 3 and the entire team. :clap:

Tantalizer43 05-02-2009 09:40 AM

YEP! As soon as GM builds it, I'm gonna do my part!!

I can't wait to head to the local cruise ins, and park her next to a 1st gen!

gtjacket 05-02-2009 09:44 AM

I would love to get it out there and all that jazz but watching how this pre-order process is going has just taken all the wind out of my sails. Squalo, did you even order a Camaro or have you got yours already? Because there is no way that you could understand what it is like to pre-order your dream early and watch GM produce cars for companies and people who ordered way............ after you did. I like your enthusiasm Number3 and appreciate all you have done for GM. I hope you and GM makes it through this tough year of 2009.

Croathlete 05-02-2009 10:01 AM

Believe me, all I want to do is advertise this car all over Long Island! I'm would be more than willing to do it if GM can give my car a little push. :thumbsup:

Rob53 05-02-2009 10:35 AM

Summer of '09

1 Attachment(s)
It's not summer yet, surely we will all have our Camaros by the summer, so as he said, make this a "summer event". Still almost 2 month 'till summer kicks in, so be ready for a great summer in a great car. This is a future event, not today, so chill and anticipate a summer experience different than any other you have known. My baby was born on 4-29, and will be here in plenty of time for summer '09! 2SS/RS ABM/sun roof/ 6 spd M/ she may even grow some rally stripes before summer, we shall see :sm0:

Jferrell88 05-02-2009 10:42 AM

awesome idea, there cars are coming keep the faith