Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More spy pics from the Big D (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2830)

GothamCamaro 02-12-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09'Z28 (Post 44814)
oh, i bet it's a riot in the snow (provided you know how to drive in it)

Ask me one year from now, if it's snowing then, I'll be throwing snow around with my black BEAST Camaro to take it home! :headbang:

fbodfather 02-12-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69copo (Post 44893)
Your right. Sorry about the rant. I'm just tired of getting picked on by my non GM buddies. My neighbor just showed me his order form for his Challenger and my co-worker has an S281. All can I show them are the pics I (and we) find on line. While there out running around in there new muscle cars I have to wait and look at pictures. Now can feel my pain........

well look at it this way -- your neighbor will either:

>feel really foolish when you pull in with your new Camaro -- asking himself "what was I THINKING???"

or

>He'll trade it in at first chance and buy a REAL Performance Car -- the Camaro.

(not that I'm prejudiced or anything........)

stovt001 02-12-2008 11:17 PM

We'll, you can't blame us for being anxious to show up the competition.

WCFB-Russ 02-12-2008 11:46 PM

http://black34v6.wcfb-forums.com/cam.sharp.jpg

did a little photo enhancement....(sharpening) on a few pics to try to get some better definition in them... that one above turned out best. the rest were blurry...but i can CONFIRM from working on the pics that there was NO fuel door on EITHER side of the car.

there were a few reflections and shadows that appeared to be circular in shape in the old location of the fuel door (but no fancy silver cap) -- so i cant confirm or deny that the fuel door is on top of the fender, but i will attest that teh fuel door is NOT on the side of the car. i'm pretty confident about that...

smike07 02-12-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 44925)
well look at it this way -- your neighbor will either:

>feel really foolish when you pull in with your new Camaro -- asking himself "what was I THINKING???"

or

>He'll trade it in at first chance and buy a REAL Performance Car -- the Camaro.

(not that I'm prejudiced or anything........)

I was going to post something like that, but coming from you, it sounds so much cooler.

smike07 02-12-2008 11:54 PM

I also would like to add, the new HEMI may as well be an exact replica of the GM 6.2. I don't remember which one, but I know I read about it a couple of days ago. Imitation is the best form of flattery, eh? Think about it, the Challenger is only sporting a replica of a GM block. How awesome do you thing the originators of that engine are going to do, when outdoing themselves? I'll see if I can dig up the article and post it for everyone to see.:thumbsup:

smike07 02-13-2008 12:13 AM

I know it's completely :offtopic:, but here's the website that shows Chrysler copying the gen. III and IV 'vette engines. (So I had the engine wrong--still...:respekt: GM for this one.)
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ls3_page1.html

acscamarochick06 02-13-2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black34v6 (Post 44931)
http://black34v6.wcfb-forums.com/cam.sharp.jpg

did a little photo enhancement....(sharpening) on a few pics to try to get some better definition in them... that one above turned out best. the rest were blurry...but i can CONFIRM from working on the pics that there was NO fuel door on EITHER side of the car.

there were a few reflections and shadows that appeared to be circular in shape in the old location of the fuel door (but no fancy silver cap) -- so i cant confirm or deny that the fuel door is on top of the fender, but i will attest that teh fuel door is NOT on the side of the car. i'm pretty confident about that...

I also noticed that. Maybe it's ELECTRIC or HYBRID or something?! :confused0068:

As much as I had to pay for gas this afternoon, I really don't think I would complain at all!!!

Emher 02-13-2008 12:42 AM

Damn it's pretty :D And yay, reverse mohawk!

09'Z28 02-13-2008 12:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by smike07 (Post 44933)
I also would like to add, the new HEMI may as well be an exact replica of the GM 6.2. I don't remember which one, but I know I read about it a couple of days ago. Imitation is the best form of flattery, eh? Think about it, the Challenger is only sporting a replica of a GM block. How awesome do you thing the originators of that engine are going to do, when outdoing themselves? I'll see if I can dig up the article and post it for everyone to see.:thumbsup:

if your gonna look at it that way compare the Corvette C6 to the Ferrari 599GTB look at it for a while and you'll start to see a resemblance and the corvette came out a year or so before the ferrari:D
i'd say thats some serious flattery coming from Ferrari
(sorry about the image size)

DGthe3 02-13-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smike07 (Post 44934)
I know it's completely :offtopic:, but here's the website that shows Chrysler copying the gen. III and IV 'vette engines. (So I had the engine wrong--still...:respekt: GM for this one.)
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ls3_page1.html

that is an awesome article. One of the coolest things for me was when they were talking about using unigraphics and nastran computer aided design tools. That is the same software that I am using here at school! Lots of other really good things in there too

Oh, and the vette and the 599 are completely different . . . the vents on the side are switched top and bottom. And its a different shade of red.

Sterling 02-13-2008 02:00 AM

Show me the production lights already... how long does it take to produce a light bulb? That sounds like the begining to a really bad joke.

TAG UR IT 02-13-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 44878)
None taken, though I appreciate the thought.:thumbsup:

I can't 'enhance' it anymore than I did....but I still see it........:bellyroll:

I saw what you were talking about. Looked like a part of a circle there too...to me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 69copo (Post 44880)
I'm still a little confused. Why has GM been so hush-hush with engine options? They keep teasing us with pics. But have yet to see one in action. When the mustang was being desinged and tested I kept seeing pics of it going through the paces.

First, everyone has a pretty good idea what the production Camaro is going to look like. Ford and Chrysler won't steal ideas and implement the looks from the Camaro to their cars.....at least that would kind of look weird....and obvious. But, Ford did have the upper hand when it came to engines....why? Well, there was no competition. It's not like they had anyone to compete with in a HP war. Now, with new Mustangs getting ready to hit the roads, GM has a very good idea what they will be running and also knows their production registered curb weight rating. As long as everyone at GM keeps their mouths shut about engines, GM will come out on top in this HP war.....no problem.
Quote:

Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 (Post 44935)
I also noticed that. Maybe it's ELECTRIC or HYBRID or something?! :confused0068:

As much as I had to pay for gas this afternoon, I really don't think I would complain at all!!!

We're getting a hybrid/electiric Camaro?!?!?!:confused0068:

lol...this is exactly how rumors start.....:bellyroll:

maro&bird 02-13-2008 02:48 AM

second picture in first post is defining "mean" ... just beautifull :bow: :bow: