Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Letter to GM, requesting changes on 1LE & their answer (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254531)

Bosse'sBoss 10-09-2012 10:38 AM

Letter to GM, requesting changes on 1LE & their answer

Guys, Here I share you the information that I received from GM, this might clear some questions. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Very interested on the new Camaro 1LE. But I don't like the Vinyl hood cover neither the black rear spoiler. Is there any way that I could delete those on the order or better yet to upgrade to the high wing spoiler and transformer style stripes?. Also I consider a disadvantage that the wide of the wheels is not the same on front and back and will not be able to rotate the tires that are same sizes. Comments like this you will find them from many interested future owners. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the 2013 Camaro! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us and are delighted to assist you with your inquiry. We are so thrilled to hear you are in the market for a new vehicle. General Motors produces vehicles with preset options; therefore, the changes you are requesting cannot be altered by the manufacturer. Additionally, the Transformers Package is no longer available to order on the Camaro. We suggest speaking with your dealer for aftermarket options. If you are not currently working with a Chevrolet dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by using the Locate a Dealer web tool on http://www.findchevydealer.com. We appreciate your comments on the Camaro wheels and not having the option to rotate them. The comments you have made will help us provide the quality products you expect. We value your business and will forward your comments to the appropriate department.

Indy Bumble Bee 10-09-2012 10:54 AM

Good questions and the answer I expected. I am sure a good dealership will work around your requests. Just be glad your not buying one in SC
:laugh:

Angrybird 12 10-09-2012 11:17 AM

Those issues would easily be handled aftermarket wise. Since the hood is a Vinyl wrap it should be easy to remove when the car is new because the adhesive has not fully cured then order the transformers stripes. The spoiler I would see if another member with no spoiler would like to swap deck lids since the spoiler holes will not line up with the high wing mounts. Try to order a color that was available on the 10 or 11 LS or LT.

dcplus14 10-09-2012 11:22 AM

I thought the 1LE wheels had the same width.

mrvenicess 10-09-2012 11:24 AM

Wheels are different sizes, tires are the same as I recall.

Angrybird 12 10-09-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvenicess (Post 5671878)

I just checked and you are correct 20X10 front 20X11 in the rear but the tires are the same size.

DanSS24 10-09-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvenicess (Post 5671878)

you are correct...it was discussed many times. rear 11", front 10", and tires 285/30/20 all fours.

motorhead 10-09-2012 11:40 AM

They must have a computer trained to key on certain words and then try and write a reply.

I can't believe that a human came up with that response.

christianmotox 10-09-2012 11:44 AM

IM pretty sure all of those request can be done by youre dealer.

Bosse'sBoss 10-09-2012 03:53 PM

Thanks Guys!!, I will follow your advice.

2cnd chance 10-09-2012 04:33 PM

I'm sure the wheels F/R have different offsets. So you can't use the fronts on the back. The wheels are the ones used on the ZL1 most likely to save cost. Therefore you will not see 20X10's all around.

vetehead 10-09-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcplus14 (Post 5671861)
I thought the 1LE wheels had the same width.

So this should mean you can rotate,just a little extra work!!

JimE 10-09-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetehead (Post 5673441)
So this should mean you can rotate,just a little extra work!!

And again, No, the wheels cannot be rotated. They are different sizes AND the offsets are different.

SUKXOST 10-09-2012 07:39 PM

GM gave you the finger.....but so nicely :P