Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Putting 2014 SS brakes on a 2014 rs v6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530559)

SpanishFalcon 06-02-2018 09:36 PM

Putting 2014 SS brakes on a 2014 rs v6

I'm new to modifying camaros as I only have experience with my 3000gt but i was wondering if i could take the brakes off of a 2014 SS camaro and put them on my v6 RS (Yes a v6 im only 20 and in school but I love my six banger). are they better brakes is something i'd also like to know. Thanks :)

imaSSnake 06-02-2018 09:50 PM

Yes you can do it, there are almost always SS and ZL1 brake upgrades for sale on here. I honestly don't know every item that needs to be replaced but they do fit and are definitely an upgrade

SpanishFalcon 06-02-2018 09:58 PM

Where do i find those on here? I have a guy selling some locally for 250. the ss one I would take them off of has 72k miles.

Deputy347k9 06-02-2018 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpanishFalcon (Post 10206089)
I'm new to modifying camaros as I only have experience with my 3000gt but i was wondering if i could take the brakes off of a 2014 SS camaro and put them on my v6 RS (Yes a v6 im only 20 and in school but I love my six banger). are they better brakes is something i'd also like to know. Thanks :)

I have also completed this fantastic modification. If you use the search area you will find a number of very detailed instructions. I printed off everything thing I could find, read everything five time, purchased all the parts, calipers, pads, lines, replacement caliper bolts, fluid and I even changed the master cylinder and the rear dust shields as your V6 ones do not fit the Brembo brakes, either have to cut or replace. I was never one for short cuts so I replaced them as the factory would. From start to finish was the best part of a Saturday.

From a member I purchased the calipers, rotors and lines. I had him send the calipers directly to a powder coater who tore them down, coated them and rebuilt with new seals.

The caliper bolts front and rear are "Torque to Yield" bolts, meaning one time use, some do use them over again but GM recommends replacement, go with the replacement.

I have attached GMs directions, includes part numbers, step by step procedure and torque values.

Good luck and keep us posted.

gringo 06-03-2018 01:56 AM

Why do you have to "qualify" your V6 by saying you're only 20 and in school? Any 5th gen, including the V6, is a nice car. Like they say, have some pride in your ride. You're not driving a Kia.

USCAMARO14 06-04-2018 08:39 AM

Yes it can be done. I did it on my V6 and what a difference it made.

DSX_Camaro 06-04-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringo (Post 10206221)
Why do you have to "qualify" your V6 by saying you're only 20 and in school? Any 5th gen, including the V6, is a nice car. Like they say, have some pride in your ride. You're not driving a Kia.

Plenty of guys ask why the V6 over the V8. I'm 24. I get it all the time too. Next question is always why don't you trade up to an SS then (when my loaded 2LT/RS is also paid off). It's tiring. This way OP doesn't have to justify any posts that are V8-centric.