Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Getting into Vehicle Options after Stereo Swap 2010 Camaro SS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575209)

KenBaker 05-11-2020 07:55 PM

Getting into Vehicle Options after Stereo Swap 2010 Camaro SS

I have a 2010 Camaro SS. I have ordered a PAC Kit to swap the stereo. On the Stock Stereo, you can get into Vehicle Options. One example of things you can set is whether you unlock one door or two when you unlock the car with the Key Fob. There are many other things you can change. Is there any way to change or view any of that after the Aftermarket Stereo is installed?

JimE 06-18-2020 12:16 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no as an aftermarket stereo does not connect to the BCM.

I'm surprised this issue doesn't come up more often with the number of people that switch to after market radios. Unless I'm missing something.

Low Saturn 06-18-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimE (Post 10813281)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say no as an aftermarket stereo does not connect to the BCM.

I'm surprised this issue doesn't come up more often with the number of people that switch to after market radios. Unless I'm missing something.

Some of the aftermarket dash kits needed to install aftermarket radios are able to retain the functionality to change vehicle settings. I have the Scosche 2.0 kit and am able still vehicle settings from the lower touch screens.

But then again, I haven't changed any of the settings since the day I bought the car almost seven years ago. So if the kit couldn't do it, it wasn't a deal breaker.

bottletalk 06-19-2020 07:29 AM

should of bought a maestro idatalink cam1 kit and compatible head unit. look into returning ur pac unit.....if u can’t, don’t research the maestro cuz you’ll just be that much more disappointed.

Cheap Guy 06-23-2020 10:13 PM

PAC has a module that allows you to change the settings but you basically set it how you want and you’re stuck with those settings unless you reprogram the unit again. Honestly I haven’t had the need to change my settings in the two years I’ve had mine. Give the PAC people a call and they’ll explain it better than I just did.

The Maestro unit just doesn’t look right to me, especially with the exposed USB and other connections on the front. IMO, the PAC looks better integrated than the MyLink.

lemontwist 06-23-2020 10:38 PM

set it how you want it then change the radio it will retain you settings. how often do you change them?
most people set it and forget it.

ccalderon210 07-22-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bottletalk (Post 10813770)
should of bought a maestro idatalink cam1 kit and compatible head unit. look into returning ur pac unit.....if u can’t, don’t research the maestro cuz you’ll just be that much more disappointed.

Hey there I see you have the idatalink and I was wondering if you could post some pics of your set up? I'm currently looking for an aftermarket stereo so any guidance is much appreciated! :thumbup:

ccutaia 07-23-2020 08:22 AM

Cam1 Color Off

I am in the process of sending my IDatalink back because the color is off, brown tint, does not match console.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccalderon210 (Post 10834300)
Hey there I see you have the idatalink and I was wondering if you could post some pics of your set up? I'm currently looking for an aftermarket stereo so any guidance is much appreciated! :thumbup: