Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tired of the chrome, maybe. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592499)

gmhitec 05-15-2021 09:46 PM

Tired of the chrome, maybe.

1 Attachment(s)
Hope everyone is doing great and finding gas! At 63 I remember waiting in line for gas with my little 340 duster.
Anyway thinking of switching out the chrome rims on the 10 orange crush SS, The young lady I bought it from had put them on and sold the factory wheels. Would love to see your Orange SS with your pick in rims, really leaning toward black or gunmetal gray.
WC
http://0265jpg

Danial 05-15-2021 09:53 PM

I love chrome but I'm not a fan of that style of wheel. If I was planning on keeping my 13 SS/RS I would be replacing the rims.

SS376 05-15-2021 09:58 PM

I think a gunmetal gray/dark silver would look great. The chrome does look a bit dated.

0stones0 05-15-2021 10:40 PM

Have heard plenty of feedback on black being overdone but, some colors just go right with black. Imho, orange is one of those those colors.

xstuntman 05-15-2021 11:40 PM

Nope.
Looks great like it is.
:thumbup:

Camaro fanboy 05-15-2021 11:50 PM

never been a fan of black wheels. silver or polished alloy for me.

chef-beavis 05-16-2021 12:35 AM

Stock 13 SS RS

1 Attachment(s)
These are charcoal. I was bummed when they changed the wheels for 13, but have grown to like them more than the ones my 10 had.

ariZona28 05-16-2021 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xstuntman (Post 11011026)
Nope.
Looks great like it is.
:thumbup:

+1! It ain't broke, no need to fix!

joekono 05-16-2021 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0stones0 (Post 11011019)
Have heard plenty of feedback on black being overdone but, some colors just go right with black. Imho, orange is one of those those colors.

I had this same issue when I bought my car and switched to black. Couldn't be happier. I agree with 0stones0, some colors look good with black rims, orange being one of them. You can always look at Google images and see if that helps you with Black or Chrome rims on your Orange Camaro. I love that Orange color too. Now, if you had black rally stripes, to me it would be a no brainer to match the stripes(I've seen a yellow Camaro with white rally stripes and silver wheels and that looks great). As you can see, this topic goes both ways for the most part. In the end, get what YOU like. You can always save your chrome rims if you get bored.

romcjr 05-16-2021 05:26 AM

I bought a set of those recently to put on my '14 . I'm 64 and like the polished aluminum . I would leave those on , but as others have said , it's your car , do what you want !! :thumbup:

myold88 05-16-2021 06:18 AM

I would love to have your chrome wheels if you decide to sell them. Never could understand the black wheel thing.
Ruins any car imo. I'm also in Florida so if they are rust and damage free let me know if they become available.

Vegas Bound 05-16-2021 06:44 AM

Can't relate to the historical gas problems. My family owned a gas station.

1JEWLDSSRS 05-16-2021 06:59 AM

As stated above, I like them the way it is. I tried the black wheel thing and just didn't like the look, wasn't for me and now almost every car made is coming with black wheels, tooo many. I'm 64 so the chrome look sticks with me. I have polished aluminum on mine and also have a set of machined silver with a chrome lip, Feradda FR3's that look good too.. And they are for sale, maybe. lol.

0stones0 05-16-2021 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myold88 (Post 11011066)
I would love to have your chrome wheels if you decide to sell them. Never could understand the black wheel thing.
Ruins any car imo. I'm also in Florida so if they are rust and damage free let me know if they become available.

Seems every time someone asks about wheels and black comes up, there’s those that need to be negative about it.
So far, in this thread, I don’t see anyone talking about how chrome wheels “ruin any car, imho”.
Seriously, I’ve never had anything but compliments on what my car looks like, including the how the black wheels go nicely with the color.
The OP is just asking what might look nice on his ride. Not whether or not you can “ understand the black wheel thing”. To each their own.