Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

PQ 03-22-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997353)
:thumbsup: thanks brother.

You can do anything you like.... except drive SST... that won't do....

:laugh:

Are you kidding me? I'll make sure my shirt is tucked in just to walk BY it....... :laugh:

JusticePete 03-22-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2997366)
Are you kidding me? I'll make sure my shirt is tucked in just ot walk BY it....... :laugh:

Get Dan to run you through the AC and you'll need to adjust other clothing articles. You better make sure your nuts are tight too. :bellyroll:

JusticePete 03-22-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997283)
Uh huh... I see what you did there...



Wait... you mean I wasn't supposed to use the endlink and duct tape to hold the knuckle to the coilover???



Well I had to keep telling Moss, "no dude, those are the stock shocks... dude, stop trying to put the supercars in your trunk..."

:iono:



:sm0: :laughabove:



:laugh: LOLWAITWUT?????? :facepalm:



:mad0260:





You know... I've really been struggling with this... I mean... today on the drive home was my first chance with the suspension tuned to really feel the improvement...

Traffic was pretty thick so I didn't really get to play much... but... I can tell you the first impressions are this is a completely different car...

When I took delivery of my Camaro the supercharger was on it... So I was learning how to control that much power as I learned the car's characteristics.... I can say I'm starting that process over from scratch... There is such a huge increase in stability and traction that it just breeds confidence..

Being a relative rookie when it comes to a suspension as sophisticated as what I purchased from Pedders... I still know, not guess, but know that the car can do more than I'm prepared to attempt at this point... I knew where the limits were on my car with stock suspension... I knew where to get out of it and when I could get into it.... Not to say I'm a race car driver... but I knew my car...

I don't know my car any more... but... I KNOW it's faster, more stable, more safe, more capable, less sketchy... I KNOW the limits of the car are vastly increased. I don't know where the limit is any more. But the confidence that the car is safe... is higher... if that makes sense.

Gah it's so hard to explain from a rookies perspective... Let me try this...

When I first got THR22 I was afraid of it. Ask Randy. I had never owned a car with any where near 500 RWHP. So I knew the car could get me into a real mess if I didn't respect it. I've also learned that is the nature of horse power.

OK, I say all that to say this....

Yes the suspension was expensive. But on the scale of performance improvement, it is as much as the supercharger was. But in a vastly different way. When I first got the car,being afraid of it, I drove it very moderately. The supercars, sways, and bushings, remove that, "damn this thing is gonna kill me" feeling and gives you that, "I've got this thing under complete control." confidence. Like I said, I know the car can do more than I am comfortable with.

Simple example. Getting on the freeway in 3rd gear was an exercise in throttle control. At any time in the cloverleaf on ramp I could break it loose with a simple blip of the throttle. NOW, I could jump on the gas in the middle of that same on ramp and simply accelerate.

Bottom line, the car is better, safer, more refined.... Complete... :D

I am more excited to learn how to drive the car now, than I was when I first picked up THR22 from Tom Henry... :happyanim:

Maybe I'll be able to better articulate it the more I learn how to utilize the new found performance increase... :iono:


Gees I just wrote the extended version of Lord of the Rings... :facepalm:

It just gets better :chevy:

PQ 03-22-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2997394)
Get Dan to run you through the AC and you'll need to adjust other clothing articles. You better make sure your nuts are tight too. :bellyroll:

:laugh:

I may have new nuts by then. LMAO

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997364)
:laugh:

gees my wallet is still smoking... at least let me put the fire out that is burning all my money before you throw more fuel on it.

:help:

You should see my wallet (or lack of one) after all the work I just shelled out for.

5 weeks at the chassis shop, followed by 4 weeks at the auto body shop.

Now it's at the Chevy dealer getting Neutered.. they are removing Onstar and the Airbag computer. My Camaro morphed into a race car..

My Butt has 3rd degree burns. Car is coming out awesome, though!

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2997405)
It just gets better :chevy:

:headbang:

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 2997427)
You should see my wallet (or lack of one) after all the work I just shelled out for.

5 weeks at the chassis shop, followed by 4 weeks at the auto body shop.

Now it's at the Chevy dealer getting Neutered.. they are removing Onstar and the Airbag computer. My Camaro morphed into a race car..

My Butt has 3rd degree burns. Car is coming out awesome, though!

dude,

Your car is exceptional :respekt:

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2997394)
Get Dan to run you through the AC and you'll need to adjust other clothing articles. You better make sure your nuts are tight too. :bellyroll:


I figured I'd let them (GTA and PQ) have a go at it themselves..
THEN i'll bring them each for a ride in mine.:evil::evil:

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997442)
dude,

Your car is exceptional :respekt:

You havn't seen nothin' yet... it's still not done. It's getting close, though.

Notice the stock wheels? they are so it can roll around at the different shops. LOL


http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1300846021

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 10:09 PM

uhm... yeah.. PQ can go first....

PQ 03-22-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 2997461)
Notice the stock wheels? they are so it can roll around at the different shops. LOL


...................:laughabove:

Mr. Wyndham 03-22-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997283)
Uh huh... I see what you did there...



Wait... you mean I wasn't supposed to use the endlink and duct tape to hold the knuckle to the coilover???



Well I had to keep telling Moss, "no dude, those are the stock shocks... dude, stop trying to put the supercars in your trunk..."

:iono:



:sm0: :laughabove:



:laugh: LOLWAITWUT?????? :facepalm:



:mad0260:





You know... I've really been struggling with this... I mean... today on the drive home was my first chance with the suspension tuned to really feel the improvement...

Traffic was pretty thick so I didn't really get to play much... but... I can tell you the first impressions are this is a completely different car...

When I took delivery of my Camaro the supercharger was on it... So I was learning how to control that much power as I learned the car's characteristics.... I can say I'm starting that process over from scratch... There is such a huge increase in stability and traction that it just breeds confidence..

Being a relative rookie when it comes to a suspension as sophisticated as what I purchased from Pedders... I still know, not guess, but know that the car can do more than I'm prepared to attempt at this point... I knew where the limits were on my car with stock suspension... I knew where to get out of it and when I could get into it.... Not to say I'm a race car driver... but I knew my car...

I don't know my car any more... but... I KNOW it's faster, more stable, more safe, more capable, less sketchy... I KNOW the limits of the car are vastly increased. I don't know where the limit is any more. But the confidence that the car is safe... is higher... if that makes sense.

Gah it's so hard to explain from a rookies perspective... Let me try this...

When I first got THR22 I was afraid of it. Ask Randy. I had never owned a car with any where near 500 RWHP. So I knew the car could get me into a real mess if I didn't respect it. I've also learned that is the nature of horse power.

OK, I say all that to say this....

Yes the suspension was expensive. But on the scale of performance improvement, it is as much as the supercharger was. But in a vastly different way. When I first got the car,being afraid of it, I drove it very moderately. The supercars, sways, and bushings, remove that, "damn this thing is gonna kill me" feeling and gives you that, "I've got this thing under complete control." confidence. Like I said, I know the car can do more than I am comfortable with.

Simple example. Getting on the freeway in 3rd gear was an exercise in throttle control. At any time in the cloverleaf on ramp I could break it loose with a simple blip of the throttle. NOW, I could jump on the gas in the middle of that same on ramp and simply accelerate.

Bottom line, the car is better, safer, more refined.... Complete... :D

I am more excited to learn how to drive the car now, than I was when I first picked up THR22 from Tom Henry... :happyanim:

Maybe I'll be able to better articulate it the more I learn how to utilize the new found performance increase... :iono:


Gees I just wrote the extended version of Lord of the Rings... :facepalm:

NIIIIIICEEEEE.....Loved reading that! :D

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2997502)
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe http://www.camaro5.com/forums/v6/buttons/viewpost.gif
Notice the stock wheels? they are so it can roll around at the different shops. LOL...................:laughabove:

The chassis shop has welding going on all over the place.
The auto body shop has broken glass and metal shards from the damaged cars.
Chevy dealer has antifreeze, oil, etc. on the floor.
All that stuff will mess up your good tires.

I have 3 mounted sets of wheels for the car.

One set for working on the car and winter sitting (the stock wheels).
The polished aluminum CCW's with Bridgestone RE-11's for the street and if it rains when running at the track.
Then the race set of Hoosiers, also on CCW's.

JusticePete 03-22-2011 10:30 PM

Dan built a a guided missile and disguised it as a Camaro.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.