Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Consumer Guide's Impressions of the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3915)

Mindz 04-27-2008 09:43 PM

Convertible V8 starting 7k above a base v8? Am I the only one that sees something wrong here? Everything else looks pretty spot on except the 6.0 litre out of the vette info. That would mean the LS2. I couldn't find a timestamp for any of the information either.

JAG836 04-28-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihc95 (Post 66091)
That is the concept interior. Look at the side mirrors.

My bad :bonk:

radz28 04-28-2008 09:46 AM

I like how they are trying to report on a car they haven't tested yet. The information seemed to be pretty reasonable though, so, nice find :D Let's just hope the pricing is a little high, although I have a feeling it'll be in that range. OH WELL! At least she's coming back ;)

2001ragtop 04-28-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadrcr (Post 66117)
I am suprised, how many people on here, seem to be wanting the Camaro to be more expensive than it 'might' be. If everyone wants a $25,000 dollar base V-8, and GM knows that, they 'might' try to get close....

I think people are just being realistic because a similar priced GT mustang doesn't have the extras the Camaro has.

It is very hard to imagine Camaro costing the same as mustang when the Camaro has more exotic parts (like IRS, 6-speed, a corvette engine, larger wheels/tires, etc.)

V6 Camaro comes with a 6-speed, and IRS rear suspension AND a 300HP DI V6 AND possibly dual exhausts? It would be wonderful if the asking price was the same as a V6 mustang but they are giving you way, way more on the base model Camaro than the mustang. You can even get better mileage perhaps with the tall highway gear too on any Camaro. I am not telling GM to raise the price. I'm sure they will figure out what is fair.

Omega94 04-28-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2xtrbo (Post 66130)
I assume that a fully optioned SS convertible will be close to $40,000 if a stripped down base hardtop V8 is 28K.

Assuming the SS is the top level V8........................................

The_Blur 04-28-2008 10:48 AM

I believe nothing until GM or an insider says it.

Despite saying that, I agree that there probably won't be a hardtop, the cost will be very low (definitely under $25k for a V6), and that Mustang sales decreases may be a bad sign. I'm still sure it will sell if advertised adequately, and plenty of Ford drivers will sell their Mustangs for a newer, hotter pony car.

Muscle Master 04-28-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 66286)
.and plenty of Ford drivers will sell their Mustangs for a newer, hotter pony car.

thats hard to say considering that there are so many ford loyalist who drives a stang just to kick gm & camaro ass, yall fell the same way when it comes to kicking ford/dodge asses with the camaro and gm..... so vice versa

The_Blur 04-28-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 66291)
thats hard to say considering that there are so many ford loyalist who drives a stang just to kick gm ass, yall fell the same way when it comes to the camaro an gm

The loyalists will never sell theirs for Chevys, but you can't tell me that sorority chick sitting a few rows in front of me is going to keep her Mustang when daddy will buy her a new car. She's not a loyalist, and neither are most car buyers. When this car comes out, it will sell because it looks great. It will sell to loyalists because we like the way it drives and all the power it has. Ford lovers will drive Ford. I'm not saying they'll all convert.

Muscle Master 04-28-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 66292)
The loyalists will never sell theirs for Chevys, but you can't tell me that sorority chick sitting a few rows in front of me is going to keep her Mustang when daddy will buy her a new car. She's not a loyalist, and neither are most car buyers. When this car comes out, it will sell because it looks great. It will sell to loyalists because we like the way it drives and all the power it has. Ford lovers will drive Ford. I'm not saying they'll all convert.

made a good point

theholycow 04-28-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001ragtop (Post 66270)
You can even get better mileage perhaps with the tall highway gear too on any Camaro.

Do you think it will have a nice tall 6th?

That's one of the major things I dislike about my VW Rabbit - 5th is way too short. I can't imagine why the ratios are so close. The GTI is the same body with a more powerful engine and a 6 speed, but 6th is the same as the Rabbit's 5th, so it's got even closer ratios. I have to believe you lose more time shifting than you gain from such close ratios. My Rabbit is pretty lively on the highway in 5th, doing 3000 rpm at 70mph, and I would much rather gain a few MPG and have to downshift for more than minor acceleration.

To hell with close ratios. I don't like them on bicycles and I don't like them on cars.

The_Blur 04-28-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 66293)
made a good point

I should also add that this argument explains the infiltration of foreign cars into the US market and why they are outselling domestic brands. If we were loyalists, we'd pick Buick over Lexus, Chrysler over Mercedes, and Lincoln over Infiniti every time.

Muscle Master 04-28-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 66299)
I should also add that this argument explains the infiltration of foreign cars into the US market and why they are outselling domestic brands. If we were loyalists, we'd pick Buick over Lexus, Chrysler over Mercedes, and Lincoln over Infiniti every time.

people have certain taste and style some that domestic don't offer, thought lexus was american car, sould have know they are good cars

theholycow 04-28-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 66303)
people have certain taste and style some that domestic don't offer, thought lexus was american car, sould have know they are good cars

Lexus is Toyota's luxury brand.

The_Blur 04-28-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 66303)

They're all good cars. While I don't like Ford, I would roll in a Bronco. One of my dream cars is a McLaren by Mercedes. There's nothing that indicates that imports are inferior as a whole. Lexus is a great company with great cars. I'm just explaining that loyalists will prefer their company's equivalent model to the competition. I will buy a Camaro over a Mustang. I would rather have an Aveo than a Prius, even though neither is impressive. It's a matter of company preference. In marketing, this is usually a result of branding consumers.

On a side note, Toyota owns Lexus and Scion.