Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GPI MAX Cam/Head Results (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521187)

Rhino79 02-17-2018 10:31 PM

GPI MAX Cam/Head Results

The most powerful ls3 top end available using plastic factory style manifold!

Almost 150 hp gain over stock ls3 with only a 226 intake duration cam.

The ls7 Head gives us a lot of room for milling to increase compression, and it allows us to have incredible mid to upper rpm power and rev range thanks to some amazing ports.

We are developing cams specifically for this head/intake configuration.

This is the alpha package, and for the max effort drag guys, we have combos available utilizing cid intake, high ram, and or solid roller applications. Expect another 40 plus hp in those applications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzAE_2URIcM

Ashen 6.2 02-18-2018 07:41 AM

Fantastic results Ryan & Aaron! Looking forward to seeing how this package performs on a L99 w/VVT!

larry_g 02-18-2018 08:01 AM

How would a package like this be on a daily driver, one that is used for autocross and the occasional track day? Also, what about maintenance intervals and inspection requirements?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rhino79 02-18-2018 08:07 AM

This package will require no more maintenance than ours or any other cammed setup. We simply have developed a head/cam combo that performs at a higher level.

The rpm range is extended with this package, so autocross/roadcourse/ and drag will all reap the rewards of the rpm capability.

GRNFLSH 02-18-2018 09:06 AM

NICE!

lazerlemonta 02-18-2018 06:08 PM

Nice package

Synner 02-18-2018 06:33 PM

Is it a small bore LS7 head? Do you have or are you looking into road race stable cams? What kinds of valves: titanium, sodium filled, solid? I'm thinking low lash might be necessary to have road race stability plus lift numbers that would benefit from these heads or is it more about the compression ratio change?

Rhino79 02-18-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synner (Post 10081019)
Is it a small bore LS7 head? Do you have or are you looking into road race stable cams? What kinds of valves: titanium, sodium filled, solid? I'm thinking low lash might be necessary to have road race stability plus lift numbers that would benefit from these heads or is it more about the compression ratio change?

It is a ls7 casting with some tweaks to work in med bore applications. As with any of our heads, you can option out ti, hollow stem, solid stem, inconel etc...
as with any ls7 Head, the pedestals need to be milled off for shaft mounts if you want to make running a solid worth your while. (Big lift).

We have hyd lobes that are very stable into the 7000s. We often run lower lift stuff on road race stuff where sustained high rpm is needed, not necessarily the last 1 percent of power.

christianchevell 02-19-2018 09:49 AM

Yup 7 grands a good cut off, I would love to see these heads teamed up with a stroker LS and the new intake made by LOD speedworks ;as I thought they were going to make a ls7 version ????? of their new intake as they are making new tops for it I heard and I thought a ls7 version?. I would think the combination of stroker, a more aggressive cam ,the heads and that larger runner intake would all be good......especially with a radical stroker cam shaft to use even more air and fuel.... Anyway thats my dream...dream big N/A....

And have not heard anything much on the LS7 version of their intake since they initially announced on here and showed us the intake they now have in production. SO some day I may have to have those heads you've made hopefully down the line with their intake but.....may have to be airforce like I was thinking. Still though the options are so nice to have for the future to spend money and make more power N/A or even FI or juiced bigger potential ........SIGH...... damn daughters college education has me down for about 4 more years.....

Rhino79 02-21-2018 08:52 PM

We have made pulls to 7700 rpm. As long as the valvetrain is stable, the factory ls7 manifold will go there. Of course a carb style intake like the cid would be the best for power, but very hard to package.

acammer 02-22-2018 06:05 AM

Really nice setup. You guys always seem to have the drop on the competition with the absolute top performing hardware. Can't wait to see some of these hit the track!

Rhino79 02-22-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acammer (Post 10084870)
Really nice setup. You guys always seem to have the drop on the competition with the absolute top performing hardware. Can't wait to see some of these hit the track!

Thats what we strive for. I want to be at the top of the game performance/durability wise. I dont want to blow smoke with products that dont deliver. We are known for kicking ass, and that will stay the same!

lazerlemonta 02-22-2018 12:56 PM

i would love to see this with full zoot treatment on the gentlemens 1LE. Crank scraper, Electric water pump, short belt and a vacuum pump on some chp+ I bet it would crack 570! 545 is stout with this left on the table ohhhh and at least a RPS clutch :) Great RND guys

xc_SS/RS 02-22-2018 01:25 PM

are these actual ls7 heads or did you guys design your own? either way those are awesome gains!