Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mounting a bat in the trunk (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310128)

GAHDOOSH 07-30-2013 08:25 AM

Mounting a bat in the trunk

I just got my ashen grey metallic paint matched aluminum 29" bat in the mail, and I've just been told that it may be illegal for me to use the Velcro mounts I bought to mount it in the trunk.

Is this true? Am I really not allowed to keep a bat for show/self defense locked away in my own property? Its a locked compartment...

I want to put it here
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/...psa6e95031.jpg

Drew10 07-30-2013 08:28 AM

I don't know why it would be a problem. You are allowed to keep an unloaded shot gun in your trunk, why would a bat be an issue. Just tell them it's a conversation piece.

gajagfan 07-30-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH (Post 6837446)
I just got my ashen grey metallic paint matched aluminum 29" bat in the mail, and I've just been told that it may be illegal for me to use the Velcro mounts I bought to mount it in the trunk.

Is this true? Am I really not allowed to keep a bat for show/self defense locked away in my own property? Its a locked compartment...

I want to put it here
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/...psa6e95031.jpg

I have no idea, but if I lived in an area where I felt it necessary to carry a bat for self-defense, I would move! I can not imagine it is illegal. My friends that still play competitive softball carry bats and balls in their vehicles at all times. though I do not think they chose to display any of them. Best of luck!

PoorMansCamaro 07-30-2013 08:30 AM

I have never heard of a bat being illegal to have in your car. lol if you are ever asked about it, by a cop, tell them you play baseball...

PoorMansCamaro 07-30-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajagfan (Post 6837464)
I have no idea, but if I lived in an area where I felt it necessary to carry a bat for self-defense, I would move! I can not imagine it is illegal. My friends that still play competitive softball carry bats and balls in their vehicles at all times. though I do not think they chose to display any of them. Best of luck!

i'm not really sure, but I don't think any place on earth is immune to bad people.

GAHDOOSH 07-30-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6837475)
i'm not really sure, but I don't think any place on earth is immune to bad people.

I've lived all up and down the east coast, there's always somebody to ruin your day

HaulnSS 07-30-2013 08:33 AM

I would be in deep poo poo most everyday, my son plays baseball and has at least two bats in the car all the time. Not the Camaro usually, maybe they are only illegal in Camaro's....lol

hunter1660 07-30-2013 08:35 AM

Call your local sheriffs office....they can tell you the letter of the law....my guess is you could carry it in the passenger compartment if your so inclined...you can carry a firearm in your car in florida .....it just needs to be a 2 step process to access it

GAHDOOSH 07-30-2013 08:35 AM

I think its the paint and mount that is getting people to tell me its illegal.
Honestly, I paid way too much to paint match this thing to ever hit anything or anyone with it... it's for show.

PoorMansCamaro 07-30-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH (Post 6837490)
I think its the paint and mount that is getting people to tell me its illegal.
Honestly, I paid way too much to paint match this thing to ever hit anything or anyone with it... it's for show.

:needpics:

GAHDOOSH 07-30-2013 08:43 AM

Just got off the phone with the sheriffs office, totally legal in South Carolina
I will post photos later in the day

SlingShot 07-30-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter1660 (Post 6837489)
Call your local sheriffs office....they can tell you the letter of the law....my guess is you could carry it in the passenger compartment if your so inclined...you can carry a firearm in your car in florida .....it just needs to be a 2 step process to access it

Has to be in the trunk and not the cabin. I got caught with one in the cabin, and it can be classified the same as a billy and blackjack. It carries a 3rd degree felony, and can get you jail time and/or probation. My lawyer had it reduced to a misdemeanor, disorderly persons. It would also help to go hit a few balls with it, to proved it is used for playing ball and not cracking skulls.

2012-1822 07-30-2013 09:16 AM

A bat? What are you in high school?

Hey and if so I usually had somethingn in my ride back then. Then I got to college and didn't give a crap. But if you're 21 and up get a pistol and a concealed weapon permit. Depending on the law in SC. I learned this, apparently SC isn't a reciprocal state with AL. So I don't know, maybe y'all s laws are messed up.

bb040 07-30-2013 09:26 AM

won't the bat crap all over the inside of you trunk.....lol