Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1/9/09 IDL OFFICIAL THREAD - NEWS: PRODUCTION START DELAYED (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11494)

camarogreg@evs 01-09-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 239644)
All sold orders anticipated to be built by the October consensus period.

This is not correct. GM stated that all dealer estimated shipments would be produced by the third quarter. Sold orders are controled by the dealer and if a sold order is for an SS and you are not allocated an SS, it won't be built. They are building V6's folks, we just have to accept that.

Way to go GM!

Greg Sanders
EVS Chevrolet

Xanthos 01-09-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob2the2nd (Post 239871)
does this mean college discounts, suppliers, etc???

:fingers crossed:

Yes. This means all discounts offered by GM will be available from day 1. Now I just wish we had final pricing for the supp/mil/grad discounts.
- Xanthos

NVMY68SS 01-09-2009 01:12 PM

Guys, you have to keep in mind, that even with the push back, you might still have not had your car by these timeframes. Constraints on anything and just simply the build-outs could have kept that from happening. Scotty's own post here says that All pre-solds to be out by Oct. It shouldn't take so long to produce 10,000 cars, but when you mix that with all of the other cars for the dealers and such, they are spreading it out. I don't necessarily like it, but hopefully, that just means the weather will be that much better when it arrives.

AirBoyzT 01-09-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 239900)
Yes. This means all discounts offered by GM will be available from day 1. Now I just wish we had final pricing for the supp/mil/grad discounts.
- Xanthos

So GM Does offer Military discounts??

Silver Streak 01-09-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs (Post 239884)
NO! All pre-orders were assigned a workbench number. Until dealers have their consensus in February, we do not know when we will receive a car. GM said all dealers will have a 2LT V6 by late April or early May as an "extra car". Then another V6 will automatically be given to all dealers as part of their allocation. If your dealer is a small store, they may not have a V8 until late in the year.

Another point GM made was that the dealers are the one who need to control "sold orders" not GM. If they would not have made this fictional pre-order program, then there would not be a lot of mis-information. I can put in 100 pre-orders and it means nothing if you don't have allocation.

Greg Sanders
EVS Chevrolet

Why would you have to wait until the end of the year for a V8 from a small dealership if is allocated? I don't understand this. Allocations are smaller at small dealerships but still proportionate and it is in the allocation, so why such a long wait for small dealership allocated V8's?

Xanthos 01-09-2009 01:13 PM

Where have you been, ABT? Playing in the sandbox or something?

Sorry, just a little joke we have in the Guard when people get back... Come home safe!

And yes, GM offers a military discount. Two seconds and I'll get you a link to where to sign up for it.
- Xanthos

http://www.gmmilitarydiscount.com/

detroitboy 01-09-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico-2SS (Post 239894)
I know from my end if it gets pushed to far into the summer I will cancel my order. It will be in the garage for the winter starting the begining of October and if it looks like I will only get 2 months out of it because of further delays......blah blah.........sorry GM my preorder is dumped......I will wait for regular production, discounts and GMS and a spring delivery or purchase so I can enjoy it over a full late spring/summer/early fall. That is why I ordered it on the first day of ordering.........Have to wait and see what they say or do next :iono:......This car is not a need for me but a want.....

"Check"....your move GM...still waiting. But can wait much longer.

Exactly what I'm thinking. There may be a few of us snow country guys looking at it that way. And for 2011 there is supposed to be a 3.73 rear gear and a convertible. Hmm...HUD will be out by then too and who knows what changes might be made in drivetrain options or upgrades.

diddiyo 01-09-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs (Post 239851)
the Camaro will have a VERY SLOW roll out.

so... if I don't pre-order and only order once I have a reasonable down payment (which would be around april/may) I won't get a car (in my case most likely a 2LT/RS) until months later or what's this all about? if that's the case then unfortunately there will be no camaro for me :paddle:

so i guess i really have to look into something else. hello hyundai genesis coupe. or something.

AirBoyzT 01-09-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 239905)
Where have you been, ABT? Playing in the sandbox or something?

Sorry, just a little joke we have in the Guard when people get back... Come home safe!

And yes, GM offers a military discount. Two seconds and I'll get you a link to where to sign up for it.
- Xanthos

http://www.gmmilitarydiscount.com/

lol believe me I'm in the Guard....and that's good...hope it saves quite a bit...I think I got a military discount when I bought my truck. Can you combine discounts?

rico-2SS 01-09-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs (Post 239867)
GM also stated that 30% of the dealers did not submit any pre-orders. We have been saying all along that this "pre-order" program was a bunch of flum just to make good press. Camaro will be just like Corvette in that it is a "controlled car". GM is targeting this car against import cars not the Mustang. That is why they are focusing on the V6. They say their research shows that most Camaro buyers are more concerned with style and appearance rather than performance. The enthusiast buyer only makes up 1/3 of the market. I say BS! The Camaro is the iconic American Muscle Car, not some ricer. Come on GM, build what the people want!

Greg Sanders
EVS Chevrolet

They should fire who ever did there marketing research for camaro and what preorders would be......I am going to run to the dealership and pre order a malubu (v6)..I know it is not the same I am just saying.......

this is the classic muscle car...of course we want performance.........granted this car is making a comeback...but they really dropped the ball.....I have waited 3 years what is another year if at all........If Gm wants to build V6's then build them and ship them for inventory...they can be put right next to the Impalas....

rico-2SS 01-09-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroitboy (Post 239906)
Exactly what I'm thinking. There may be a few of us snow country guys looking at it that way. And for 2011 there is supposed to be a 3.73 rear gear and a convertible. Hmm...HUD will be out by then too and who knows what changes might be made in drivetrain options or upgrades.

:word::word::word::word:

infernoinandout 01-09-2009 01:20 PM

ALL OFFERED DISCOUNTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM DAY 1

exactly what does this mean, can I get my employee pricing if I ever get my car?

Sizzox 01-09-2009 01:21 PM

Yeah i think its bs that they cant build that many SS's. If thats what they got on order is a straight sale why wouldnt they make it. Make them in order the were ordered no matter if its a ls lt or ss. There just gonna make to many v6's and sit on the lots. Instead of being out with us V8 lovers.

camarogreg@evs 01-09-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Streak (Post 239904)
Why would you have to wait until the end of the year for a V8 from a small dealership if is allocated? I don't understand this. Allocations are smaller at small dealerships but still proportionate and it is in the allocation, so why such a long wait for small dealership allocated V8's?

A small dealer may not even receive a V8 allocation in 2009. If you saw the IDL broadcast, you would see that GM's focus is solely the V6 cars.

Greg Sanders
EVS Chevrolet