Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PFadt Tri-Y headers are now available for the Camaro! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300251)

Denis 06-06-2013 06:42 PM

Those look nice.....that's not good for my bank account.

SSMickey 06-06-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 6637968)
This is on a stock LS3 C6 Corvette. They are killer!

http://www.pfadtracing.com/photos/da..._vs_4into1.jpg

So were looking at 10-15 rear wheel HP and TQ over a "Name Brand" header? Who did this test? If this is true, I may be changing headers soon.

The Stig 06-06-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6638577)
So were looking at 10-15 rear wheel HP and TQ over a "Name Brand" header? Who did this test? If this is true, I may be changing headers soon.

I believe the test was done by Pfadt, but could be wrong.

Apex Motorsports 06-06-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6638577)

I know that JDP and Vengeance were both involved in the third party testing but I am not sure if that chart is from one of them or someone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6638588)
I believe the test was done by Pfadt, but could be wrong.

All of the dyno charts Pfadt has posted for the Corvette headers were done by various third party sources.

smokum 06-06-2013 06:55 PM

Ok we all know they are pretty bitchin. But how much and when can I have them. Simple question looking for a simple answer. Price and date please.

The Stig 06-06-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 6638592)
I know that JDP and Vengeance were both involved in the third party testing but I am not sure if that chart is from one of them or someone else.

All of the dyno charts Pfadt has posted for the Corvette headers were done by various third party sources.

Ah gotcha - I mean Pfadt's corvette headers speak for themselves so I wasn't doubting the numbers. But nice to know they use 3rd party dynos.

SSMickey 06-06-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 6638592)

So Vengeance was/is involved? Time to make a phone call! Anyone in the market for a very lightly used set of ARH headers?

Camper 06-06-2013 07:28 PM

quite possibly the best headers in the corvette market

CaptianSam 06-06-2013 08:07 PM

Pm me price shipped to Canada
Asap

The 2010 Sin 06-06-2013 08:55 PM

DAMN!!! You all are killin' me! How about a transmission mount!?!?!

PfadtRacing 06-07-2013 02:42 PM

Sorry guys we've been super busy this week! I've got some answer together for you though!

Q: Is there a bung for a wideband?
A: Yes, there is on pre-welded bung on one of the headers to accommodate a wide-band

Q: Will they fit on the Zl1 without having to trim the belly pan under tray?
A: Yes

Q: Will they be available for a stock catback?

Q: Will they also come with your mid-pipes, like the ones on the corvette, to connect to the stock dual mode mufflers?
A: Eventually we will have the mid-pipe(just l like the corvette), but this first release is just for the headers...it seemed like most guys wanted to just add headers. Of course, the mid-pipe is still something we wanted to do and it is almost done.

Q: What size primaries are these available in?
A: 1-7/8 now, but 1-3/4 soon to follow

Q: How would these compare to other name brand headers in power and sound?
A: With the stock x-pipe and mufflers the volume should be rather comfortable, but with a noticeable aggressive tone during acceleration. Power wise, you should expect to see a significant increase in TQ and HP, but with a huge kick in the pants for the midrange. The Tri-Y is an amazing combo for these motors.

SlyJester7 06-07-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PfadtRacing (Post 6642150)
Sorry guys we've been super busy this week! I've got some answer together for you though!

Q: Is there a bung for a wideband?
A: Yes, there is on pre-welded bung on one of the headers to accommodate a wide-band

Q: Will they fit on the Zl1 without having to trim the belly pan under tray?

Q: Will they be available for a stock catback?

Q: Will they also come with your mid-pipes, like the ones on the corvette, to connect to the stock dual mode mufflers?
A: Eventually we will have the mid-pipe(just l like the corvette), but this first release is just for the headers...it seemed like most guys wanted to just add headers. Of course, the mid-pipe is still something we wanted to do and it is almost done.

Q: What size primaries are these available in?
A: 1-7/8 now, but 1-3/4 soon to follow

Q: How would these compare to other name brand headers in power and sound?
A: With the stock x-pipe and mufflers the volume should be rather comfortable, but with a noticeable aggressive tone during acceleration. Power wise, you should expect to see a significant increase in TQ and HP, but with a huge kick in the pants for the midrange. The Tri-Y is an amazing combo for these motors.

:clap2::hail::drool:

price?:pop2:

Are they California Legal?. . . . ha jk :thumb:

dekan513 06-07-2013 03:09 PM

glad i cheapped out and got some obx first round . now here is a header that have gains over other headers thats worth payin for.

steveo9043 06-07-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekan513 (Post 6642266)
glad i cheapped out and got some obx first round . now here is a header that have gains over other headers thats worth payin for.

Want to sell your OBX to get these? shoot me a pm! lol

Pfadt can you PM me a price shipped to 60137 probably outside my budget but still interested.