Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pet Peeves (driving) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88492)

allmotor 06-09-2010 07:31 AM

Pet Peeves (driving)

So for the gazillionth time, as I'm waiting to pull out onto a street, the person approaching me, from a good distance away, but not enough distance for me to pull out safely, takes a left/right in front of me without using their blinker. :mad0260:TOOLS... every one of them.... Is even better when they are also on the phone. :mad0259:

Also gets me going when people who aren't handicapped (no handicapped plate/sticker) park in a handicapped spot while someone in the car goes into the store.

I'm no angel, but I follow the rules... :rules:

Anyone else have any driving pet peeves that make you shake your head/want to decapitate the other driver?

nosrettap58 06-09-2010 07:38 AM

You should drive in Montana!:yikes:

motorhead 06-09-2010 07:43 AM

I hate it when my beer won't fit in the cup holder with my cold cup.

allmotor 06-09-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 1962827)
I hate it when my beer won't fit in the cup holder with my cold cup.

good one. :drinking:

PoorMansCamaro 06-09-2010 07:48 AM

when you are in the drive-thru and you hit the yellow pole next to the window and break your side view mirror off.:mad0260::cry:

motorhead 06-09-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dire Wolf (Post 1962845)
People (usually a woman) in huge SUVs blabbing on the phone totally oblivious to driving.

I have to say in this day and age you can't pick on only women in SUVs. It seems like everyone is doing something other than driving these day.

Deemos 06-09-2010 08:02 AM

The one that pisses me off is sitting at a 4-way intersection with only 2-way for stop signs waiting for traffic to make a left, and some of the guys oncoming will speed up to kinda make it so you wont pull out in front of them then freaking slow down to a crawl as they drive past. Pisses me off to no end watching them go about 45 then slow down to 20.

When I was in Texas the other thing (dangerous as hell too btw,) was what my friends
and I called the Texas left/right. It's when the dumb ass in question decides he wants to make a left/right turn from the furthest away lane across all the lanes of traffic usually involving in the rest of us freaking out at this car that technically should be there and at that angle.

In Arizona we got the cruise controllers as I like to call em. They only know 1 damn speed and that's 70mph. They'll sit there holding up traffic going 70mph in a 75mph zone but when they enter the construction zone and you slow down accordingly to stay legal, they are now up your ass still trying to go 70mph now in a 55mph construction zone with fines doubled and highway patrol usually everywhere on the highway. Pisses me off because first they were freaking like "Driving Miss Daisey" when they could have gone a little faster so the rest of us aren't swerving around them then all of a sudden they wanna go "Dukes of Hazard" in the double fine zone where it becomes a felony. I still don't understand Arizona drivers. Most will only speed when the penalty to do so doubles and can get you arrested.

motorhead 06-09-2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dire Wolf (Post 1962872)
Sorry! My bad I knew if I wasn't 100% PC I'd get told. God forbid I say something negative about women. Sorry but it's my observation and a pet peeve of mine okay?

jeez, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

lock 06-09-2010 08:04 AM

People driving the speed limit or slower in MY hammer lane on the interstate.

Globemaster 06-09-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lock (Post 1962885)
People driving the speed limit or slower in MY hammer lane on the interstate.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Really!!!!

bobmac427 06-09-2010 08:23 AM

My work has me on a 2 lane highway (one way) for about 35 miles. Some days I pass more folks on the right than on the left. Not sure what the big deal is driving slow in the passing lane. And this with no one in the right lane. When you come up behind them they won't move over and just sit in the left lane. Usually they're on the phone, eating, or texting. After a few years I would have to say CT and NY drivers are the biggest left lane campers that don't want to move over.

And people in handicapped parking...If I have the time, I take my camera out and start snapping pictures of the car. You should see this jerks scramble for their car....it's waaaay tooo funny.