Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Will the V6 have DBW or a good old fashioned cable throttle? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4877)

theholycow 07-02-2008 08:00 AM

Will the V6 have DBW or a good old fashioned cable throttle?

Will the V6 have DBW or a good old fashioned cable throttle?

I'd guess that if it's the DI V6, it will be setup the same way as the CTS. How is the CTS configured?

If the CTS has DBW, does it at least TRY to pretend it's a cable throttle, or does it try to guess what you really want rather than obey your foot?

The_Stache 07-02-2008 08:23 AM

ANY newly developed from the ground up car will have the latest tech, its just easier to do things, engineering is already done.

That said I believe the CTS is DBW and I EXPECT the camaro in all trims to be DBW.

DBW is a good thing it opens soooo much more tune-ability, just like EFI over CARBS.

z28collection 07-02-2008 09:54 AM

DBW

when i drove the dodge srt cars at the srt track experience the dbw that they used sucked. it takes control away from the driver and if i can change that on my camaro i will.:paddle:

The_Blur 07-02-2008 11:43 AM

I think we'll all be satisfied with the system in the Camaro. As time goes on, these advanced systems will be more sensitive to driver control, especially in performance-oriented cars. I'd expect GM to have developed a very sophisticated system to support the hype over the new Camaro.

theholycow 07-02-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diarmadhi (Post 84675)
DBW is a good thing it opens soooo much more tune-ability, just like EFI over CARBS.

My 2008 VW has DBW throttle, and it's rather inconsistent, apparently trying (and failing!) to guess what I really want rather than what my foot did. It's kinda tough to rev-match...sometimes I hit the pedal and it doesn't respond at all, other times with the same pressure on the pedal it jumps up to 6000rpm. Then there's rev hang, which is stuck throttle's bastard brother...

Chevyrocker 07-02-2008 03:29 PM

That's b/c it's a VW and not a Chevy.

theholycow 07-02-2008 07:02 PM

Hrmph. German engineering my ass... :D

SoFlaZ 07-02-2008 07:45 PM

I hope there is a way to tune the throttle to exactly what my foot is doing if it isn't already like that. My experience with an auto cobalt and dbw was horrible, it took to my guesstimate almost 2 seconds to shift down a gear and rev when i step on it! With a shift kit it might be better though.

Grape Ape 07-02-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFlaZ (Post 84842)
I hope there is a way to tune the throttle to exactly what my foot is doing if it isn't already like that. My experience with an auto cobalt and dbw was horrible, it took to my guesstimate almost 2 seconds to shift down a gear and rev when i step on it! With a shift kit it might be better though.

You can count on all DI motors being DBW. When cruising they go into an "ultra lean burn" mode where they open the throttle pretty wide and slightly reduce they amount of fuel injected (for the load compared to port injection) to reduce pumping losses.

I don’t believe there will be much you can do to convert it to a mechanical throttle, but I’m sure the tuners will do their best to correct any short comings.

I believe we have been promised an “aggressive throttle map”.

Xanthos 07-02-2008 08:25 PM

I personally like having a throttle cable, BUT I'm not going to write the camaro off until I've driven it, and I'll probably buy it anyway. :iono:
- Xanthos

theholycow 07-02-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grape Ape (Post 84852)
When cruising they go into an "ultra lean burn" mode where they open the throttle pretty wide and slightly reduce they amount of fuel injected (for the load compared to port injection) to reduce pumping losses.

NICE! That is something I was hoping for but it was sounding like that's not the case. I'm glad to hear it is. That's like hypermiling without the controversial behaviors!

Quote:

I believe we have been promised an “aggressive throttle map”.
I'll settle for consistent.

DGthe3 07-02-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 84826)
Hrmph. German engineering my ass... :D

thats what I always say. And I am an engineer in training.

SoFlaZ 07-03-2008 09:36 AM

They might as well call German engineering impossible engineering. I know how to do basic maintenance on cars but I will not TOUCH any friends car that is from Germany, no no no. My old porsche 944 was a nightmare, and that was 1980's technology!

I know it WILL be DBW, all I want from the it is to move with my foot exactly as I move it like an "electric" cable throttle, while still maintaining its fuel saving abilities, traction control, and all that other stuff.

Mr. Wyndham 07-06-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsenn (Post 84769)
That's b/c it's a VW and not a Chevy.

:word:

I've never encountered a problem in my Cobalt with Drive-by-wire...Whatever my foot says, the throttle does. No hesitation, no guessing. So I'm not worried in the least.

;) And for what it's worth, the base Corvette, Z06, AND ZR1 are all Drive-by-wire...............