Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2011 Camaro XM Accessory Appearance Package Debuts at SEMA (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113704)

its a syn 11-02-2010 12:38 PM

that color looks like my 04 cavalier, not IBM! To bad they don't have a color close to that.

Tiberious 11-02-2010 01:04 PM

Scotty, could this oddly colored picture of IBM havebeen mistaken for the new blue you heard tell of? Maybe no new blue after all?

OldJedi 11-02-2010 04:25 PM

I am sorry but I have never liked this style of wheel. It started as a 20" wheel on the SLP cars and some of last years SEMA models. Now they have bumped it to a 21" wheel with a larger spoke. The spoke design simply does not go with the svelte design of this magnificent car. It makes it look like a wagon wheel on a beautiful contemporary design. It just does not flow well with the shape. It is the same design that Ford used on their Crown Vics. Every time I see it, I wonder how they could have copied the Ford design. I think GM needs to send their wheel designers to Porsche or Ferrari so they can learn how to design a a really beautiful wheel. Just an old farts opinion.

Shelby 11-02-2010 04:58 PM

Love the striping!!

Vega 11-02-2010 05:13 PM

Look maybe this is just me talking, but special edition or not im not paying $30k for a V6 Camaro, i'll opt out of the flashy special edition package that sticks you with a certain set of colors and options and instead put that $30k into a 1SS that gives you all the same stuff but with a V8 and the choice of customization...I admire what GM is doing here but its constructive criticism, a V6 is not $30k range material

Brokinarrow 11-02-2010 05:27 PM

:drool: If I'm in a position someday to get another Camaro, this may end up being it.

SchwarzerDrache 11-02-2010 07:00 PM

Stripes look good, but the wheels are not to my liking.

motorhead 11-02-2010 07:01 PM

I can't believe that after 35 posts that know one posted about how ridiculous it is to have a package that salutes the radio. What's next a power window addition with free power windows. LOL

I can see it now. Bob says "Hey look at my XM radio camaro!" Ted replies ":facepalm:"

2010 Bumblebee 11-02-2010 07:11 PM

Is the XM for XM radio ? As in an XM radio package? If so it's a dumb package name. Are all the special editions getting the NM wheels now? I guess the cost to certify the wheels is being divided into more than 100 cars, and the wheels are not special to the NM edition anymore because they are show on all the special editions lately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 2509190)
I can't believe that after 35 posts that know one posted about how ridiculous it is to have a package that salutes the radio. What's next a power window addition with free power windows. LOL

I can see it now. Bob says "Hey look at my XM radio camaro!" Ted replies ":facepalm:"

I just did ! Then I saw your post. I started stating back in the NM threads that this special edition game will become common place and backfire. Everyone will lose interest. We don't by collectors cars like camaros to be investments. We drive them and enjoy them, and then later on the ones that survive become collectable.

They tried this collectors game with comic books about 15-20 years ago and after a while the whole thing flopped.

The transformer edition should have been the only special edition of the car because of the movie, not because I have one. Just like the smokey and the bandit edition of the T/A. When the next transformers movie comes out they should make another treansformers special edition and that's it.

These special colors, special this , special that every 3 months is stupid. It will get old and the special editions will not be special anymore.

StangKiller-SS 11-02-2010 07:40 PM

Not a bad package, just don't know about those funky stripes on the side.

nashstat 11-02-2010 08:36 PM

How do I get those special mats with the "camaro" lettering on them?

nak3dsnake 11-02-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashstat (Post 2509561)
How do I get those special mats with the "camaro" lettering on them?

gmpartsdirect.com or chevypartsplus.com

Camaro Lives On 11-02-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 2508686)
I am sorry but I have never liked this style of wheel. It started as a 20" wheel on the SLP cars and some of last years SEMA models. Now they have bumped it to a 21" wheel with a larger spoke. The spoke design simply does not go with the svelte design of this magnificent car. It makes it look like a wagon wheel on a beautiful contemporary design. It just does not flow well with the shape. It is the same design that Ford used on their Crown Vics. Every time I see it, I wonder how they could have copied the Ford design. I think GM needs to send their wheel designers to Porsche or Ferrari so they can learn how to design a a really beautiful wheel. Just an old farts opinion.

Not quite correct on the origin. These wheels were originally on the 2007 Camaro Convertible concept with 21 in front and 22 on rear.
http://www.2009camaro.org/images/con...vertible_1.jpg

Then they made there way onto the 2nd Bumblebee as the same size. After that, the Dale Jr. Sema car from a few years back with 21". SLP then started using the design but as 20". Up til now... they have all had the same basic dark accents, but now without that... they seem kind of plain. So these have been floating around for a while... but are just now being used for production cars.