Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

Darth_Emma 03-19-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2984446)

Can you post a short summary with pictures of your modified rear? I tried looking through your build thread to refresh my memory but my eyes glazed over on page 4,752 :D

Good luck getting any pictures out of speedster. Apparently you needs super triple platinum code clearance from NRE to see even a thumbnail image of any part of that car. :mad0260:

JusticePete 03-19-2011 08:47 PM

So Chris and Company will be turning the nuts on the front endlink by hand and won't read about the fast and easy way until they are done? :sm0: :D :popcorn:

JusticePete 03-19-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2984458)
Good luck getting any pictures out of speedster. Apparently you needs super triple platinum code clearance from NRE to see even a thumbnail image of any part of that car. :mad0260:

Good point. Please email them to PGB@PeddersUSA.com marked CONFIDENTIAL. They will stay that way.

JusticePete 03-19-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2984457)
Pete check your voice mail plz

:D

Empty under your name. Call me with an update.

Mr Twisty 03-19-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour (Post 2984350)
haha.. hey man, I had a limited script to work with.. i lifted it right from PQs post

It just didn't transfer to characters well... Maybe if one character was under a car and the other one was playing with the jack... orrr if they were doing a 3 stooges bit :laugh: (Hey, I should be talking. I don't even know how to do it. )

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2984446)
Probably. The idea is that a big honkin' rear bar will help evenly distribute the load an launch so the torque doesn't crew down one side of the car forcing you to launch on one wheel / tire.

Can you post a short summary with pictures of your modified rear? I tried looking through your build thread to refresh my memory but my eyes glazed over on page 4,752 :D

He hasn't posted installed pics yet...
:popcorn:

PQ 03-19-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2984430)
My guess is two fold. When the first nut fell off the endlink ball stud rattled around and elongated the hole. The tab is mild steel and a loose endlink will elongate the hole on a stock bar. Stronger aftermarket cars would do more damage more quickly. The OE endlink boss is fine for OE bars. Our endlinks have a large boss or face to distribute load across the mild steel tab in the arm. You can see it clearly in these photos as well as how thick the washers are.

http://forums.peddersusa.com/imageho...0bf7537e7b.jpg

When we modify our Camaros, when we make one piece stronger, everything else in the system becomes comparatively weaker. We try very hard to maintain that balance. It is why our bars are sold with endlinks. Stronger bar, stronger ball joints and larger mounting surface to more evenly distribute the load.

When you replace you arm, you should remove the other endlink and verify the hole is round and the tab has not been deformed. We want trouble free travel to the Fest!

Ok. I'll check the other one. I"m thinking I better pick up some end links. Hopefully not another arm as well. I've never had the other come loose so I may be fine there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2984462)
So Chris and Company will be turning the nuts on the front endlink by hand and won't read about the fast and easy way until they are done? :sm0: :D :popcorn:

:bellyroll:

GTAHVIT 03-19-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2984462)

nono... we used it up front!!!! awesome trick!!!!

Front Sway bar was almost a no go... holy crap we're both done... But the new one is now in and officially that sucked..

Long day... But we're still hangin in there. :thumbsup:

If we were asked to do it again... we could do it in about 5 hours... You learn so much after the first try.

;)

PQ 03-19-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2984897)

Front Sway bar was almost a no go... holy crap we're both done... But the new one is now in and officially that sucked..

If we were asked to do it again... we could do it in about 5 hours... You learn so much after the first try.

;)

Front sway bar.................. :bellyroll:

That's the story of my modding experience on this car. I could cut the time in half easily to do them again.

speedster 03-19-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

;)

You wussy... lol :D

Long day for you guys - but it WILL all be worth it !!!

...now get back to work. :paddle:

PQ 03-19-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2984943)
You wussy... lol :D

Long day for you guys - but it WILL all be worth it !!!

...now get back to work. :paddle:

:word: :word: :word:

I'd work til the sun came up if I had to.

zebra 03-20-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2983083)
:laugh:

I can't remember. How'd we do it. I was gonna crawl though the trunk but you were able to reach it I think. lol

come to think of it, i don't even remember. i think i managed to hit it with my knife or something.

i think my biggest memory of the weekend was that BS ticket on the way there. :rolleyes:

that & Chris making me drool all over my steering wheel with that deafening awesomeness that was the 2.5" straight-through muffler system he took off :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2983387)

:sm0: you would! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2984225)
:laugh: I didn't see it.

I didn't know I could dance that goog. LMAO

Pete, looks like we need to talk........

The metal part on the arm where my sway bar end link hooks to has tore off. :mad0259: Not sure why, but am I gonna have to buy a whole new arm?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2984288)
Here are the pics...... Any indication why it tore?

And how much is a new arm? What do you want for that one, and can I drive the car while I wait?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1125

what've you been doing to your car?

PQ 03-20-2011 12:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 218307

TAG UR IT 03-20-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

We lifted the engine to get it in there...

;)

LOL...I know that feeling.

I was lucky...I had a team helping me out. We had coils, stainless brake lines, front sway bar, and rear sway bar done in 1.5 hours. Still need to get the radius and subframes done. But, shouldn't be that long. Now...leeettts see how long it takes to take them back off your car....

and install them on mine

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2985160)

:popcorn:

GTAHVIT 03-20-2011 01:18 AM

just finished... the car looks great.. I'm done... got a couple small items to tidy up... that locking nut on the top of the coil is a beast to get back on... I need to run it on and off the old coil to loosen it up..

Car looks frackin awesome... cant really take a pic right now.

Got some good video of the rear but we were too pushed for time to video to the front...

I now have pedders dual adjustable supercar coilovers, sway bars, adjustable end links and some inserts on my car... :D :thumbsup:

time for bed...