Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I can see! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29715)

The_Blur 06-27-2009 08:34 PM

I can see!

I got LASIK yesterday at the LASIK Vision Institute in Overland Park, Kansas. I no longer need my glasses, and I am happy to report that the pain I experienced after surgery was worthwhile. The doctor said that I can see 20/10 right now based on reading the chart, meaning that my eyes are corrected far better than average.

If you've been considering LASIK, then you should seriously pursue it. It is an amazing procedure that takes, literally, 5 seconds per eye plus a few more seconds of preparation time.

Feel free to ask any questions! :popcorn:

EDIT: Having reread my post, it looks like spam. This is not spam. This is legitimately posted by The_Blur, so please don't kick me off the site for spam, mods!

ljustin293 06-27-2009 08:36 PM

I've been told to wait til after I'm done with college...but I bet I will have it done after that!!

CamaroScotty 06-27-2009 09:35 PM

Congrats!

I still can't figure out why insurance don't cover it. It seems pretty proven now...

Mr. Wyndham 06-27-2009 10:08 PM

Congratulations, I've heard great things about Lasik...and God, what I wouldn't give to be able to see without glasses. :help: All the hassle, and not being able to wear sunglasses as often as I'd like...not to mention the ~$200 every two years for 6 years now...tell me over a lifetime Lasik isn't worth it. :rolleyes:

Can you overview the procedure? I want to get it but....aw hell, I'm nervous as all getout...mostly because I haven't got a clue as to what happens.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 626897)
EDIT: Having reread my post, it looks like spam. This is not spam. This is legitimately posted by The_Blur, so please don't kick me off the site for spam, mods!

:paddle:

hmm...this almost sounds like an invitation...to ban or not to ban....:D

Xanthos 06-27-2009 10:14 PM

With my eyes drifting apart even further these days (I have one farsided eye and one nearsided eye. The farsided eye is +1.25, the nearsided is -3.25) I've been considering saving up for this. It would make the migraines stop at the least.

I've been told to wait till 25 or so though so the procedure is more reliable - that you're eyes will change perscription much less after that point.

Worth saving up for now, or better to wait? Been wearing the same glasses for 4.5 years now, with new lenses every 18 months or so...
- X

manimsoblack 06-28-2009 10:47 AM

Yeah could you give a walk-through of the procedure? I'm considering but I'm a bit nervous. Also does it work for astigmatism?

PQ 06-28-2009 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 627203)
Congratulations, I've heard great things about Lasik...and God, what I wouldn't give to be able to see without glasses. :help: All the hassle, and not being able to wear sunglasses as often as I'd like...not to mention the ~$200 every two years for 6 years now...tell me over a lifetime Lasik isn't worth it. :rolleyes:

Can you overview the procedure? I want to get it but....aw hell, I'm nervous as all getout...mostly because I haven't got a clue as to what happens.

:paddle:

hmm...this almost sounds like an invitation...to ban or not to ban....:D

Dragoney? Is that you?

Attachment 35213

UCF w00t 06-28-2009 04:03 PM

So shouldn't your name now be The_Clear?

UCI CamaroFan 06-28-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 628797)
Dragoney? Is that you?

Attachment 35213

I have a friend who doesn't have lenses in his eyes, and he looks like that.

Zabo 06-28-2009 04:10 PM

Most insurance companies don't cover it because of the risk involved or because it's considered in some circles a "non-essential cosmetic surgery". Same with some insurances covering/not covering bariatric or other major surgeries getting in the news today.

I've had it done with some doctor visits as a college student. I know blur, insurance blows when you're conveniently out of their "coverage zone.."

PQ 06-28-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 628814)
So shouldn't your name now be The_Clear?

:sm0:

Might get him mixed up with an MLB player then.

Ject 06-28-2009 04:15 PM

Lasik the one that does NOT involve any cutting correct.. ?? Its the one where you just lay there and let this lazer go ape sh!t all over your eye... ?

len56 06-28-2009 04:36 PM

wait, it hurts?

Mr Twisty 06-28-2009 04:37 PM

They cut your eyeball open with a really big knife, looks like Rambo's... with a serrated edge... then they take the tip of the knife and slice on your lens, then doc says..." Can you see better?" nope... wacks some more..."How about now?" nope... another slice..."Now?" yeah!, cool! "OK, good." Then he takes a sewing needle with cat-gut and sutures your eyeball back together... Nothing to it, can even be done at home in the mirror ;)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...t_getty300.jpg