Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Will Lebron James Ever Be As Great As Jordan? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251716)

Steve Dallas 09-25-2012 11:49 AM

Heck, I wouldn't consider LeBron better than some other players such as Magic Johnson and a couple of others.

So better than Jordan? Absolutely not.

SUKXOST 10-11-2012 10:33 PM

Lebron is a sell out that couldn't do it on his own merit and chased a championship much like a lot of NBA players do at the very end of their career when they have not won one. Michael Jordan played with garbage teams for years before he won one and still one faster than LeBron did. As I've mentioned, Scottie Pippen was not even an all Star when Jordan won his first championship. The best center the bulls ever had in any of his championship years were mediocre at best.
Michael Jordan was absolutely the best player with the ball in his hands and still won six championships in a triangle offense that relies on absolute ball movement through all five players. The best players now are all about isolation plays or a two man game.
With Jordan in his prime in today's league he would average 35 to 42 points every single year for a decade without question. That exact scenario was opposed to many of today's players and coaches and players that played in Jordan's era and they all say same thing

Renegade 10-11-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 5684024)
Lebron is a sell out that couldn't do it on his own merit and chased a championship much like a lot of NBA players do at the very end of their career when they have not won one. Michael Jordan played with garbage teams for years before he won one and still one faster than LeBron did. As I've mentioned, Scottie Pippen was not even an all Star when Jordan won his first championship. The best center the bulls ever had in any of his championship years were mediocre at best.
Michael Jordan was absolutely the best player with the ball in his hands and still won six championships in a triangle offense that relies on absolute ball movement through all five players. The best players now are all about isolation plays or a two man game.
With Jordan in his prime in today's league he would average 35 to 42 points every single year for a decade without question. That exact scenario was opposed to many of today's players and coaches and players that played in Jordan's era and they all say same thing

Dude working with Hakeen Olajuwon. And perfecting his famous hook shot to use in his arsonal. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWAYtAzIOjQ

SUKXOST 10-12-2012 05:00 AM

Did MJ ever have to work with someone whos been retired for 15 years to improve his game? NOPE Didnt have to....MJ posted up more than any 2 guard in history bc he had a better post game than most center in history and he was 6' 6".

MR 45TH 10-12-2012 08:01 AM

Never!

rhunley14 10-12-2012 07:04 PM

Sukxost are you telling me mj would have done as good without pippen?

Renegade 10-12-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhunley14 (Post 5687144)
Sukxost are you telling me mj would have done as good without pippen?

MJ and Pippen is the dynamic duo. MJ made pippen better and his team around him as a whole. That's the difference between Jordan and Lechoke. :popcorn:

Mutant Racer 10-12-2012 08:10 PM

No. Jordan had 1 characteristic that separated him from all others...the man had a will and determination that is incredibly rare. We are talking about the ultra-super competitive Alpha. If you gathered 100 of the greatest players of all-time Jordan would stand out as the most driven, the hardest working, and the most confident.

Lebron is also in a class of his own. A gifted natural and he deserves a lot of respect for the game he plays but Jordan would crush him. Lebron doesn't have the mental capacity to handle the unstoppable. MJ would beat him before he ever took the floor.

NavyDood 10-12-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutant Racer (Post 5687364)
If you gathered 100 of the greatest players of all-time Jordan would stand out as the most driven, the hardest working, and the most confident.

Totally agree. Another is Jerry Rice. No other receiver has been as focused or conditioned (mentally and physically) as Jerry IMO

Mutant Racer 10-13-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyDood (Post 5687423)
Totally agree. Another is Jerry Rice. No other receiver has been as focused or conditioned (mentally and physically) as Jerry IMO

Oh Rice for sure! Muhammad Ali would be another. Athletes who define their entire sport.

SUKXOST 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

^^^ Earnhardt; Gretzky; Ruth...

DRKS1D3 10-17-2012 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Define great. :iono: For those that are not old enough and simply know Michael Jordan through stats via the internet, here is the deal. I remember in grade school and middle school that almost every boy had some sort of Chicago Bulls/Jordan apparel (shirts, jackets, hats, shoes, bookbags, posters, etc., etc. and I'm from Pittsburgh). You could rarely turn the TV on without seeing Michael on it. Jordan was larger than life itself. He was larger than any other sports star, movie star, famous person X's 100. He was a gamer, a competitor, a winner. He made everybody around him play better. That being said, I don't ever see anybody else taking the world by storm like that. Every young kid wanted to be Michael Jordan. :) He was the man! FYI: I'm not even a pro basketball fan, but Jordan defined an era and it will never be seen again.

SUKXOST 10-17-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 (Post 5704558)
Define great. :iono: For those that are not old enough and simply know Michael Jordan through stats via the internet, here is the deal. I remember in grade school and middle school that almost every boy had some sort of Chicago Bulls/Jordan apparel (shirts, jackets, hats, shoes, bookbags, posters, etc., etc. and I'm from Pittsburgh). You could rarely turn the TV on without seeing Michael on it. Jordan was larger than life itself. He was larger than any other sports star, movie star, famous person X's 100. He was a gamer, a competitor, a winner. He made everybody around him play better. That being said, I don't ever see anybody else taking the world by storm like that. Every young kid wanted to be Michael Jordan. :) He was the man! FYI: I'm not even a pro basketball fan, but Jordan defined an era and it will never be seen again.

I like you already :P

Renegade 10-17-2012 11:08 PM

In a move nobody asked for, the NBA is ‘cracking down’ on taking too long to get to the opening tip after intros. :thumbdown:

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/3R.../LBJ101712.jpg

The guideline will eliminate or severely cut down on the routines that players from most teams go through before games, which often include a series of handshakes with their own teammates before greeting opponents. It also could legislate out individual rituals like LeBron James' famous chalk toss, which he abandoned last season during the playoffs, though James said he'll try to get it done in the limited time.
"I won't change it, I'll be able to work it in," James said. "We'll figure it out."