Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Will Lebron James Ever Be As Great As Jordan? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251716)

Renegade 09-23-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhunley14 (Post 5610333)
I think Lebron would take him one on one..

I think you got dropped on your head as a child :iono:

Renegade 09-23-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwin320 (Post 5610715)
Does this mean Lebron is going to need to rape someone?

Yes his check book..writing a check he can't cash;)

driyac 09-24-2012 12:08 AM

Offensively Lebron, Defensively Lebron. All Around best player to ever play Jordan all the way.

You guys also have to realize that the NBA has changed drastically since Jordan played.

rhunley14 09-24-2012 08:28 AM

That's what I say. It's a different ball game. I feel Lebron is stronger..

Dznts 09-24-2012 08:31 AM

No.

C5RocksC5 09-24-2012 04:25 PM

If he gets his 5th ring, you can ask this question again. If he gets 6 rings like MJ, my answer will still be "maybe."

NavyDood 09-24-2012 07:58 PM

I just about spit my home brewed sweet tea all over the desk, keyboard and monitor just reading the topic. I'm still laughing inside at the mere notion of LeBron and MJ being used in the same sentence with the word "great" thrown in the mix. Jordan not in his prime is/was/and always will be superior to "run my mouth and not back my words/actions" Lebron.

GunnyG 09-24-2012 08:04 PM

There will never be another player as dominate as Jordan was. He was always the best prepared, most game planned against...and no one could ever stop him. Night in and night out he was consistent. You never saw a playoff disappearance from Jordan like you saw with LeBron against Dallas. LeBron got his ring, but sad thing is...you don't know if he'll get another.

SUKXOST 09-24-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyDood (Post 5616226)
I just about spit my home brewed sweet tea all over the desk, keyboard and monitor just reading the topic. I'm still laughing inside at the mere notion of LeBron and MJ being used in the same sentence with the word "great" thrown in the mix. Jordan not in his prime is/was/and always will be superior to "run my mouth and not back my words/actions" Lebron.

:headbang:

Renegade 09-24-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnyG (Post 5616256)
There will never be another player as dominate as Jordan was. He was always the best prepared, most game planned against...and no one could ever stop him. Night in and night out he was consistent. You never saw a playoff disappearance from Jordan like you saw with LeBron against Dallas. LeBron got his ring, but sad thing is...you don't know if he'll get another.

:thumbup: Well said A-men. Jordan is the greatest Lebron is the weakest.

Ebbsnflows 09-25-2012 12:27 AM

The only people that might even possibly think LeBron has a chance are those members too young to have watched MJ play in his prime. They simply can't comprehend Michael's ability to completely take-over a game whenever he felt like it.

One testament to Jordan's greatness are the countless interviews with his hall-of-fame peers, olympic teammates, and NBA coaches that played/coached against him. When asked in interviews, practically every single one, without hesitation, agree that MJ was the most dominate, intimidating, competitive and skilled player they had ever faced.

...The most convincing testament is that even 9-10 yrs after his retirement...he is still used as the barometer when comparing greatness. You never hear experts say, "He's gonna be the next Kobe/LeBron"....it's always "He's gonna be the next Jordan". That's how you know MJ is still the GOAT...period.

NavyDood 09-25-2012 08:36 AM

Here's a side question about Jordan... In 2000, IMAX theatres released "Michael Jordan to the max", anyone see it? It was freaking awesome watching his career in the IMAX dome.

Ryanbabz71 09-25-2012 10:47 AM

Yep it was very good

Ryan

SUKXOST 09-25-2012 11:39 AM

I'm a avid collector....I have that video set :P