Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Will Lebron James Ever Be As Great As Jordan? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251716)

Renegade 09-23-2012 12:06 AM

Will Lebron James Ever Be As Great As Jordan?

Please state your facts and reasons why he might fail and never walk in Jordan's shoes or will he surpass them in due time? Whatever your opinion might be speak you have a voice and we respect it.

I still think he needs to follow Kobe Bryant path before trying to over throw the "Greatest of all time" King Jordan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROKvnmaO9oU
This commercial has to be one of the best i've seen so much meaning.

Renegade 09-23-2012 12:06 AM

"...Maybe I lead you to believe that basketball was a God given gift, not something I worked for."
-Amen

CJ Man 09-23-2012 07:25 AM

Will lebron be Jordan?.......NO!

SUKXOST 09-23-2012 07:42 AM

HELLZ NO! Lebron might achieve more accolades and numbers if he plays a long time, as well as others....but no one will even top the GOAT Michael Jordan.

Jordan missed almost his whole second season with a broken foot; missed almost 2 full seasons after his father was murdered and he retired; then he missed 3 more full seasons before he came back to the Wizards for two years(when he was 39-41 years old) and still averaged over 20PTS after knee surgery.
Forget the fact that after his 6th Ring he sliced through his right index finger tendon with a cigar cutter during their celebration.(finger healed crooked and yes his shooting % dropped) but he shot over 50% in a season 6 times in his career as the most double and triple teamed guard in history when hand checking was still allowed. For perspective.....Kobe has never shot better than 46% during the era where putting a hand on someone back is a foul and traveling is almost never called when "cupping" the ball is so ridiculously prevalent now a days.
Lebron could not win with a mediocre team and sold out for a ring. MJ stayed with a scrub team and made them better, no matter who was there. Don't say he could not have won without Pippen either bc Pippen wasnt even an All-Star when the won their first ring. Lebron is a great athlete but NOT MJ. Not now not ever

PonyMan 09-23-2012 08:00 AM

NO.....not even close!!!! ;)

rhunley14 09-23-2012 08:02 AM

I think Lebron would take him one on one..

Ryanbabz71 09-23-2012 08:17 AM

Never, no one will be better

As Doug Collins stated each year he came back stronger and his shooting improved.

I had the privilege of growing up in nw Indiana during the mj years and it was so much fun. I probably watched 75% of the bulls games. Best memory was graduating high school in 1998 then rushing home to watch the finals for the clincher

Ryan

SUKXOST 09-23-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhunley14 (Post 5610333)

You're on crack. :P

~MJ won defensive player of the year....AS A SHOOTING GUARD.
~Had the most steals 3 times in his career....AS A SHOOTING GUARD.
~Only 1 or 2 guard to ever have 200+ steals and 100+ blocks in the same season(he did it two years in a row at 6'6"!)
~MJ can drive; take you off the dribble; step back; fades away off his left or right shoulder; can go left as well as he goes right; can finish with either hand(absolutely the best left handed finisher for a right handed player ever); has more post moves than most centers ever try(Lebron) only last year started posting up and he's 6'9"( he's WEAK with his back to the rim unless he takes a fade away jumper)
~MJ has legendary competitive drive, fundaments and work ethics.

One on One in a game to 21......I say MJ 21 to Lebrons 15 (MJ would run off a string of 10-12 pts at some point using 6-7 totally different moves and Lebron would not know what to expect)

Here is MJ at 46yrs old in pants and a sweater against a slam ball player half his age:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JswfzDKYr04
Lebron is known for crumbling when it counts and selling out for a Ring.

Ryanbabz71 09-23-2012 08:34 AM

This sums up everything pretty well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bDKq...yer_detailpage

Steve Dallas 09-23-2012 10:25 AM

Um....No.

No.

No.

Those are the facts.

Edwin320 09-23-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 5609921)
I still think he needs to follow Kobe Bryant path before trying to over throw the "Greatest of all time" King Jordan.

Does this mean Lebron is going to need to rape someone?

SUKXOST 09-23-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwin320 (Post 5610715)

BWAH HA HA :happyanim:

rhunley14 09-23-2012 06:33 PM

Not on crack.. Just think he would beat him..

SUKXOST 09-23-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhunley14 (Post 5611921)
Not on crack.. Just think he would beat him..

Justify why please

Renegade 09-23-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhunley14 (Post 5610333)

I think you got dropped on your head as a child :iono:

Renegade 09-23-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Yes his check book..writing a check he can't cash;)

driyac 09-24-2012 12:08 AM

Offensively Lebron, Defensively Lebron. All Around best player to ever play Jordan all the way.

You guys also have to realize that the NBA has changed drastically since Jordan played.

rhunley14 09-24-2012 08:28 AM

That's what I say. It's a different ball game. I feel Lebron is stronger..

Dznts 09-24-2012 08:31 AM

No.

C5RocksC5 09-24-2012 04:25 PM

If he gets his 5th ring, you can ask this question again. If he gets 6 rings like MJ, my answer will still be "maybe."

NavyDood 09-24-2012 07:58 PM

I just about spit my home brewed sweet tea all over the desk, keyboard and monitor just reading the topic. I'm still laughing inside at the mere notion of LeBron and MJ being used in the same sentence with the word "great" thrown in the mix. Jordan not in his prime is/was/and always will be superior to "run my mouth and not back my words/actions" Lebron.

GunnyG 09-24-2012 08:04 PM

There will never be another player as dominate as Jordan was. He was always the best prepared, most game planned against...and no one could ever stop him. Night in and night out he was consistent. You never saw a playoff disappearance from Jordan like you saw with LeBron against Dallas. LeBron got his ring, but sad thing is...you don't know if he'll get another.

SUKXOST 09-24-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyDood (Post 5616226)
I just about spit my home brewed sweet tea all over the desk, keyboard and monitor just reading the topic. I'm still laughing inside at the mere notion of LeBron and MJ being used in the same sentence with the word "great" thrown in the mix. Jordan not in his prime is/was/and always will be superior to "run my mouth and not back my words/actions" Lebron.

:headbang:

Renegade 09-24-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnyG (Post 5616256)
There will never be another player as dominate as Jordan was. He was always the best prepared, most game planned against...and no one could ever stop him. Night in and night out he was consistent. You never saw a playoff disappearance from Jordan like you saw with LeBron against Dallas. LeBron got his ring, but sad thing is...you don't know if he'll get another.

:thumbup: Well said A-men. Jordan is the greatest Lebron is the weakest.

Ebbsnflows 09-25-2012 12:27 AM

The only people that might even possibly think LeBron has a chance are those members too young to have watched MJ play in his prime. They simply can't comprehend Michael's ability to completely take-over a game whenever he felt like it.

One testament to Jordan's greatness are the countless interviews with his hall-of-fame peers, olympic teammates, and NBA coaches that played/coached against him. When asked in interviews, practically every single one, without hesitation, agree that MJ was the most dominate, intimidating, competitive and skilled player they had ever faced.

...The most convincing testament is that even 9-10 yrs after his retirement...he is still used as the barometer when comparing greatness. You never hear experts say, "He's gonna be the next Kobe/LeBron"....it's always "He's gonna be the next Jordan". That's how you know MJ is still the GOAT...period.

NavyDood 09-25-2012 08:36 AM

Here's a side question about Jordan... In 2000, IMAX theatres released "Michael Jordan to the max", anyone see it? It was freaking awesome watching his career in the IMAX dome.

Ryanbabz71 09-25-2012 10:47 AM

Yep it was very good

Ryan

SUKXOST 09-25-2012 11:39 AM

I'm a avid collector....I have that video set :P

Steve Dallas 09-25-2012 11:49 AM

Heck, I wouldn't consider LeBron better than some other players such as Magic Johnson and a couple of others.

So better than Jordan? Absolutely not.

SUKXOST 10-11-2012 10:33 PM

Lebron is a sell out that couldn't do it on his own merit and chased a championship much like a lot of NBA players do at the very end of their career when they have not won one. Michael Jordan played with garbage teams for years before he won one and still one faster than LeBron did. As I've mentioned, Scottie Pippen was not even an all Star when Jordan won his first championship. The best center the bulls ever had in any of his championship years were mediocre at best.
Michael Jordan was absolutely the best player with the ball in his hands and still won six championships in a triangle offense that relies on absolute ball movement through all five players. The best players now are all about isolation plays or a two man game.
With Jordan in his prime in today's league he would average 35 to 42 points every single year for a decade without question. That exact scenario was opposed to many of today's players and coaches and players that played in Jordan's era and they all say same thing

Renegade 10-11-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 5684024)
Lebron is a sell out that couldn't do it on his own merit and chased a championship much like a lot of NBA players do at the very end of their career when they have not won one. Michael Jordan played with garbage teams for years before he won one and still one faster than LeBron did. As I've mentioned, Scottie Pippen was not even an all Star when Jordan won his first championship. The best center the bulls ever had in any of his championship years were mediocre at best.
Michael Jordan was absolutely the best player with the ball in his hands and still won six championships in a triangle offense that relies on absolute ball movement through all five players. The best players now are all about isolation plays or a two man game.
With Jordan in his prime in today's league he would average 35 to 42 points every single year for a decade without question. That exact scenario was opposed to many of today's players and coaches and players that played in Jordan's era and they all say same thing

Dude working with Hakeen Olajuwon. And perfecting his famous hook shot to use in his arsonal. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWAYtAzIOjQ

SUKXOST 10-12-2012 05:00 AM

Did MJ ever have to work with someone whos been retired for 15 years to improve his game? NOPE Didnt have to....MJ posted up more than any 2 guard in history bc he had a better post game than most center in history and he was 6' 6".

MR 45TH 10-12-2012 08:01 AM

Never!

rhunley14 10-12-2012 07:04 PM

Sukxost are you telling me mj would have done as good without pippen?

Renegade 10-12-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhunley14 (Post 5687144)
Sukxost are you telling me mj would have done as good without pippen?

MJ and Pippen is the dynamic duo. MJ made pippen better and his team around him as a whole. That's the difference between Jordan and Lechoke. :popcorn:

Mutant Racer 10-12-2012 08:10 PM

No. Jordan had 1 characteristic that separated him from all others...the man had a will and determination that is incredibly rare. We are talking about the ultra-super competitive Alpha. If you gathered 100 of the greatest players of all-time Jordan would stand out as the most driven, the hardest working, and the most confident.

Lebron is also in a class of his own. A gifted natural and he deserves a lot of respect for the game he plays but Jordan would crush him. Lebron doesn't have the mental capacity to handle the unstoppable. MJ would beat him before he ever took the floor.

NavyDood 10-12-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutant Racer (Post 5687364)
If you gathered 100 of the greatest players of all-time Jordan would stand out as the most driven, the hardest working, and the most confident.

Totally agree. Another is Jerry Rice. No other receiver has been as focused or conditioned (mentally and physically) as Jerry IMO

Mutant Racer 10-13-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyDood (Post 5687423)
Totally agree. Another is Jerry Rice. No other receiver has been as focused or conditioned (mentally and physically) as Jerry IMO

Oh Rice for sure! Muhammad Ali would be another. Athletes who define their entire sport.

SUKXOST 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

^^^ Earnhardt; Gretzky; Ruth...

DRKS1D3 10-17-2012 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Define great. :iono: For those that are not old enough and simply know Michael Jordan through stats via the internet, here is the deal. I remember in grade school and middle school that almost every boy had some sort of Chicago Bulls/Jordan apparel (shirts, jackets, hats, shoes, bookbags, posters, etc., etc. and I'm from Pittsburgh). You could rarely turn the TV on without seeing Michael on it. Jordan was larger than life itself. He was larger than any other sports star, movie star, famous person X's 100. He was a gamer, a competitor, a winner. He made everybody around him play better. That being said, I don't ever see anybody else taking the world by storm like that. Every young kid wanted to be Michael Jordan. :) He was the man! FYI: I'm not even a pro basketball fan, but Jordan defined an era and it will never be seen again.