Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Twin turbo (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538079)

1fast 09-07-2018 10:00 AM

Twin turbo

2 Attachment(s)
Didnt complete for cf8 this year but ready for next year and track times soon. Complete 10 point cage with full interior including the back seat.

blake-b 09-07-2018 02:03 PM

Stop with the details!!

Seriously, details? Engine bay pics? Underbody pics?

1fast 09-07-2018 03:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Her are a few need to take finished under hood pics.

410 cubic inch Brodix br7 heads comp cam cower rockers, diamond pistons, callies dragon slayer usa, manley rods, twin precision made cold and hot side turbo setup along with intercooler.

AGP Turbo 09-07-2018 04:34 PM

Oooooooooo That's a big boy build right there. Siiiiiiick. I can feel the g-forces hit me just looking at it.

blake-b 09-07-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGP Turbo (Post 10305046)
Oooooooooo That's a big boy build right there. Siiiiiiick. I can feel the g-forces hit me just looking at it.

Yep, I noticed the vacuum pump, RHS block and the cross member completely removed so the turbos and oil pan will fit.

Be prepared for the people who will say you cutting out the cross member will cause the earth to tilt off it's axis, hurtle into space and destroy all humanity.

Great build. Which trans?

SSE 4 2SS 09-07-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake-b (Post 10305072)
Yep, I noticed the vacuum pump, RHS block and the cross member completely removed so the turbos and oil pan will fit.

Be prepared for the people who will say you cutting out the cross member will cause the earth to tilt off it's axis, hurtle into space and destroy all humanity.

Fixed the photo where the motor was laying on its side...

Blake, yes you're right, If folks ever figured out how much my frame was notched to fit my turbos, they would stroke out....

I'm driving it so they shouldn't worry about it....

OP, great looking build going on.... Big Boy stuff is correct.... Very nice scavenge pump.... I tossed a set of bearings in my old one and it still ran like a top after we dug them back out.... No scaring of the impellers or any other issues...

What size turbos are they...

blake-b 09-07-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 10305081)
Fixed the photo where the motor was laying on its side...

Blake, yes you're right, If folks ever figured out how much my frame was notched to fit my turbos, they would stroke out....

I'm driving it so they shouldn't worry about it....

OP, great looking build going on.... Big Boy stuff is correct.... Very nice scavenge pump.... I tossed a set of bearings in my old one and it still ran like a top after we dug them back out.... No scaring of the impellers or any other issues...

What size turbos are they...

Hi Rob!

I'd notch my frame and remove my cross member for bigger turbos but Kevin won't enable me anymore...

SSE 4 2SS 09-07-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake-b (Post 10305085)
Hi Rob!

I'd notch my frame and remove my cross member for bigger turbos but Kevin won't enable me anymore...

Dammit man.... In the voice of Scotty,

Keptin, I'm giving her all she's got, she cannot take nohhh more...

Mike H 09-07-2018 08:15 PM

What size are the turbos?

1fast 09-08-2018 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake-b (Post 10305072)

Coan build turbo 400 with their converter. Drives better than the factory and 10 times better than the 4l80 i had in it.

1fast 09-08-2018 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike H (Post 10305206)
What size are the turbos?

Precision 62/66 they boost instantly running 22lbs talked to the guys at precision say they get happy after 25 so ill turn it up when i get dialed in. Have to see what car will take

1fast 09-08-2018 04:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Running factory ecu but winter project run a parallel ecu or not hahha not sure yet. Installed it did some basic tuning then got drive by wire working then a couple hang up. put back factory ecu so i can get drive time and track time in before winter then focus on Haltech.

robrocketanski 09-08-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake-b (Post 10304934)
Stop with the details!!

Seriously, details? Engine bay pics? Underbody pics?

lol

Very nice car 1fast. That's awesome to get full cage and keep the backseat. I have a son so like to have a family car. If you ever get a chance I would like to see pics of the interior.

Unavowed 09-09-2018 10:09 AM

Sweet build. Bringing it to MIR this fall?