Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   After market exhaust (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323472)

ForrGump 10-16-2013 04:21 PM

After market exhaust

I have posted a reply to another thread in the performance section of this forum and have decided to ask over here since my concern is directly related to convertible Camaro's.
I have a 2012 2SS, automatic tranny, convertible. I will be getting after market exhaust, cat back, put on sometime late next winter. I am looking for opinions from other 'vert owners with regards to throaty sounding exhaust systems and how they impact you as a driver with both top up and top down. What I would like to have is something that is not grossly obnoxious but when given gas folks know there is something serious under the hood.
I have had a few responses from the other thread but I have a feeling those folks over there are all hard top owners.
Flowmaster has been thrown around a lot but I have reservations concerning them as I had an engineering officer who took Flowmaster off his truck because of the drone.
So...who has what here? :confused0068:

zandron263 10-16-2013 06:38 PM

Get a Solo cat back. It's quiet when you want it to be and has a nice sound when you get on it. Best part is no drone you won't be disappointed.

Lightrider 10-16-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandron263 (Post 7099140)
Get a Solo cat back. It's quiet when you want it to be and has a nice sound when you get on it. Best part is no drone you won't be disappointed.

And there you have it, this thread can now be closed. :smiling1:

RolltideSS 10-16-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForrGump (Post 7098713)
I have posted a reply to another thread in the performance section of this forum and have decided to ask over here since my concern is directly related to convertible Camaro's.
I have a 2012 2SS, automatic tranny, convertible. I will be getting after market exhaust, cat back, put on sometime late next winter. I am looking for opinions from other 'vert owners with regards to throaty sounding exhaust systems and how they impact you as a driver with both top up and top down. What I would like to have is something that is not grossly obnoxious but when given gas folks know there is something serious under the hood.
I have had a few responses from the other thread but I have a feeling those folks over there are all hard top owners.
Flowmaster has been thrown around a lot but I have reservations concerning them as I had an engineering officer who took Flowmaster off his truck because of the drone.
So...who has what here? :confused0068:

I will be switching my borla s type to the solo Mach xc, save yourself a grand and go straight to solo

RolltideSS 10-16-2013 10:11 PM

Also, since you have the auto - you will want to spend the money on the range device or a good tune to turn off the afm which makes any exhaust drone bad

phk36 10-17-2013 02:38 PM

you can also try and find the npp exhaust used its the factory exhaust has two tips per muffler you tube it

hawk02 10-17-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Had the Solo cat back on my 2012 vert. Loved it. Zandron's description of it is spot on.

SS PANTHER 10-18-2013 01:28 AM

I have the Solo high flow cats on my L99 vert with the stock exhaust and love the sound and power. Get a Range AFM device to negate the 4 cylinder sound and changes between the 4 & 8 cylinder mode.

pannhead51 10-18-2013 08:33 AM

Both my wife & I have Solo w/J-pipes on our SS verts.

ForrGump 10-18-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolltideSS (Post 7099809)
Also, since you have the auto - you will want to spend the money on the range device or a good tune to turn off the afm which makes any exhaust drone bad

Will this piece of equipment void the warranty?

The Stig 10-18-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForrGump (Post 7104404)
Will this piece of equipment void the warranty?

Nope, you're good :thumbsup:

ForrGump 10-18-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 7104417)
Nope, you're good :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

Finally, where can I get this device to turn the afm off? Who makes it?

SS PANTHER 10-18-2013 02:23 PM

Here's the link. Ask for a discount as a Camaro5 member. http://www.rangetechnology.com/

tamphuong 10-18-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Agree. I got one and loved it.