Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Install High Wing Spoiler, no drilling (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370730)

bazookatooth52 07-28-2014 02:36 PM

Install High Wing Spoiler, no drilling
 
Hi i was wondering if anybody installed or knows how to install a High wing spoiler without drilling or altering the trunk in anyway. I currently have the stock spoiler on my 2013 LS and would like to put this spoiler on
http://www.shopchevyparts.com/images...s/20979733.jpg
Let me know if you guys have any ideas or anything that you think would help
thanks alot

Switch-Link 07-29-2014 01:31 PM

Yeah, just some Elmer's glue and some clamps should do it. You might have to re-attach it a few times a week but that's the only way I know how to install a high wing with no holes. :)

Switch-Link 07-29-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazookatooth52 (Post 7849973)
Hi i was wondering if anybody installed or knows how to install a High wing spoiler without drilling or altering the trunk in anyway. I currently have the stock spoiler on my 2013 LS and would like to put this spoiler on
http://www.shopchevyparts.com/images...s/20979733.jpg
Let me know if you guys have any ideas or anything that you think would help
thanks alot

In all seriousness, I have this same high wing on my car, looks awesome by the way, but there is really no way to do it without the holes. The instructions, template and mounting are a breeze. I installed mine on my own, no problems whatsoever. Just medium mechanical skills, a drill, hole saw etc and your good to go.

Here's a link to my car with the spoiler on. Well you can kind of see it. But it's there. :)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363632

justjoshin 07-29-2014 07:20 PM

If you have the stock spoiler now, you will have to fill those holes.

justjoshin 07-29-2014 07:21 PM

Try to find someone with a LS and swap trunk lids.

Switch-Link 07-30-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjoshin (Post 7853411)
Try to find someone with a LS and swap trunk lids.

^^ What he said. I had to order a non-spoiler trunk lid before I did mine. Unfortunately for me it got damaged during shipment so it had to go to the body shop anyway and get fixed and repainted. Let's just say GM had no plans of the stock spoiler ever coming off. It's very light and made out of composite or plastic but it's attached with 7 holes. Yes SEVEN holes. Some of them are square and large. It would have cost more to fill the holes and paint it then to find a same color non-spoiler trunk lid. Good luck!

bazookatooth52 08-04-2014 11:53 AM

Thanks for everyone's input, looks like I'm just going to have to do a trunk swap. thanks guys!

Steven13 08-11-2014 02:43 AM

really a trunk swap? these holes pretty much stay hidden. you can plug the ones you dont use with plastic rivets and and spray paint to match them

Steven13 08-11-2014 02:45 AM

sorry i thought you meant the dovetail. my bad. i would still just paint some plastic rivets though. maybe some light silicon on them to seal the hole so it wont collect moisture

Switch-Link 08-12-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven13 (Post 7882110)
sorry i thought you meant the dovetail. my bad. i would still just paint some plastic rivets though. maybe some light silicon on them to seal the hole so it wont collect moisture

There are seven holes. Some are square. Be hard to cover with rivets or silicone. Bodywork and paint cost more than a swapped lid. Go the swap trunk route. It's cheaper, and will look MUCH better.

TeelsBlack 08-13-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch-Link (Post 7886792)
There are seven holes. Some are square. Be hard to cover with rivets or silicone. Bodywork and paint cost more than a swapped lid. Go the swap trunk route. It's cheaper, and will look MUCH better.

Easier said than done, I've been trying to find someone to trade trunks with for weeks now.

Swacer 08-13-2014 12:23 PM

You need holes. how else are you going to wire in the 3rd light?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.