Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   New 'Vert and Z/28 info?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16013)

Bentley78 03-20-2009 12:18 PM

Haha all this is is disinformation. They tell you this so everyone will go out and buy Camaros when they launch making the car succesfull. They tell you it isnt coming so they can launch it, get it? If GM said now; hey the Z/28 is coming next year! Everyone would hold off on it and current sales of Camaro wouldnt be where they need to thus killing off the Z/28 for sure and maybe even the Camaro itself.

The Camaro in this economy and green movement isnt exactly the most Politicaly Correct car out right now, if this thing so much as farts wrong it could be gone.

Hylton 03-20-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bentley78 (Post 350974)
Haha all this is is disinformation. They tell you this so everyone will go out and buy Camaros when they launch making the car succesfull. They tell you it isnt coming so they can launch it, get it? If GM said now; hey the Z/28 is coming next year! Everyone would hold off on it and current sales of Camaro wouldnt be where they need to thus killing off the Z/28 for sure and maybe even the Camaro itself.

The Camaro in this economy and green movement isnt exactly the most Politicaly Correct car out right now, if this thing so much as farts wrong it could be gone.

We have to change the perception that the Camaro is a throw-back from yesteryear. This car is as politically correct as my brothers 3 series Bimmer (sorry Scott, I tried). I don't see people giving those guys a hard time.

With respect to GM not selling the Z so everyone can buy the SS - Not very many people will be willing to pay for a car like the one planned. It will have it's own target market.

GTAHVIT 03-20-2009 12:29 PM

I'm still on the "not now, but maybe later" bandwagon... The problem for me is "maybe later" might be too long for me to wait....

radz28 03-20-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 350955)
+1 - that's why I'm buying now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bentley78 (Post 350974)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 350995)
We have to change the perception that the Camaro is a throw-back from yesteryear. This car is as politically correct as my brothers 3 series Bimmer (sorry Scott, I tried). I don't see people giving those guys a hard time.

With respect to GM not selling the Z so everyone can buy the SS - Not very many people will be willing to pay for a car like the one planned. It will have it's own target market.

:word: Let's justify Camaro with selling the models available now and see how she does. It'd be a shame to throw away the ideas of either of the cars, not to mention the time and money, but I don't think anyone outside of GM really knows the truth. Let's just get you guys the cars you ordered :thumbsup::chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 351006)
I'm still on the "not now, but maybe later" bandwagon... The problem for me is "maybe later" might be too long for me to wait....

:word: Too long that we'll have a hybrid Z28 that has a 2.5L 5-cylinder that runs on bug crap; OH WAIT... that's the Z28 available to California :sm0::sm4::mad0233::suicide:

GTAHVIT 03-20-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 351404)

:word: Too long that we'll have a hybrid Z28 that has a 2.5L 5-cylinder that runs on bug crap; OH WAIT... that's the Z28 available to California :sm0::sm4::mad0233::suicide:

:laughabove:

PQ 03-20-2009 03:58 PM

I'm a selfish prick. Please forgive me.:bow:

But I kinda hope it's years before they do either so I don't have to regret buying early. :D

Hylton 03-20-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 351453)

But I kinda hope it's years before they do either so I don't have to regret buying early. :D

The 'vert is coming - you can bank on that. And anyone buying an SS now might get good resale value if CAFE get's their way on future MPG averages.

Douge 03-20-2009 05:45 PM

Thanks GM. Next time you ask for a bailout go **** yourself.

If they are not going to follow through on in demand halo cars, they are better off in the trash heap of failed businesses.

zebra 03-20-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douge (Post 351725)
Thanks GM. Next time you ask for a bailout go **** yourself.

If they are not going to follow through on in demand halo cars, they are better off in the trash heap of failed businesses.

are you serious?

for one... they weren't 'bailed out.' they were given a loan; one with a soon-coming repayment plan.

as for "following through on in-demand halo cars" - they built this car up from the ground & released it in 3 years. that's faster than any car on a whole new platform. one thing that made it seem longer is the fact that we knew more info than ever before during the pre-production phases. another note about following through is the fact that without knowing all the differences, you'd almost mistake the production car for the concept that everyone fell in love with. that's a rare occurrence in the automotive world.

with the convertible (and more than likely the Z28) they had planned on a later release anyway. wheh the financial crisis hit, it only delayed the plans a bit further than they already had been. considering the fact that they had a pre-production convertible in plain sight during the 3/16 celebration, that shows that they're making progress on it & still don't mind letting us know that it's alright.

maybe you should do a little more research before coming out with accusations like that... especially in a place where people keep up with the topic you're griping about.

Camarino 03-20-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 352383)
are you serious?

for one... they weren't 'bailed out.' they were given a loan; one with a soon-coming repayment plan.

as for "following through on in-demand halo cars" - they built this car up from the ground & released it in 3 years. that's faster than any car on a whole new platform. one thing that made it seem longer is the fact that we knew more info than ever before during the pre-production phases. another note about following through is the fact that without knowing all the differences, you'd almost mistake the production car for the concept that everyone fell in love with. that's a rare occurrence in the automotive world.

with the convertible (and more than likely the Z28) they had planned on a later release anyway. wheh the financial crisis hit, it only delayed the plans a bit further than they already had been. considering the fact that they had a pre-production convertible in plain sight during the 3/16 celebration, that shows that they're making progress on it & still don't mind letting us know that it's alright.

maybe you should do a little more research before coming out with accusations like that... especially in a place where people keep up with the topic you're griping about.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:clap::clap::clap:
:clap::clap:
THANK YOU

how could you say you want whole company to go under becuz they can't afford to build a 'vert right now ?
THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH A WHOLE NEW #%@ CAR THAT THEY RESURRECTED AND BUILT TO OUTPERFORM THE COMPETITION, AND YOUR GONNA CURSE THEM??

GM Fbody 03-20-2009 10:45 PM

http://image.motortrend.com/f/147900...front_view.jpg

This photo popped up in motor trend's april issue while they were questioning the idea.

GM Fbody 03-20-2009 10:52 PM

It also looks like it will be used in this year's transformers.
http://www.chevrolet.com/allnewcamar...#camaro=videos
(the second video)

zebra 03-20-2009 10:57 PM

welcome to the site! :wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GM Fbody (Post 352501)
http://image.motortrend.com/f/147900...front_view.jpg

This photo popped up in motor trend's april issue while they were questioning the idea.

that's just a crock of... speculation
it's been covered many times here
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13621

Quote:

Originally Posted by GM Fbody (Post 352522)
It also looks like it will be used in this year's transformers.
http://www.chevrolet.com/allnewcamar...#camaro=videos
(the second video)

the transformers 2 cars are just the reused ones from the first movie with new hoods, wheels, & body panels. and they're just 04 GTOs with concept bodies

CynAgain 03-20-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjbusa (Post 350922)
Maybe Senator Dodd can write in loophole in the stimulus for z-28 funding, it does seem far more important than getting AIG bonuses and look what he got them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime (Post 350931)
:laughabove: LOL! What a messed up country we live in! I'm grateful for our freedoms, but we certainly have gone too far...

:word:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 351006)

I'm on the 'now' plan cause life is short... and there's soooo many things I want to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 351453)

Live with no regrets because at one time, it was exactly what you wanted!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 352383)
are you serious?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: