Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The one thing that I wish I woulda done to my Camaro when I bought it was..... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81072)

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 05-02-2010 10:07 PM

The one thing that I wish I woulda done to my Camaro when I bought it was.....

I'll start off...maybe this could be of some help to the new owners! :D

Well, after having the car for a while now, it's apparent to me that I really really regret not getting the clear bra protectant on the rear front quarter panels.

My having a black car, making two trips to CA and 3 to PHX, it's starting to really annoy and bother the heck out of me just how easy the paint chips up around the "gills" area.

I got the fine pleasure of seeing a couple cars with the front bumper masks and that probably would NOT have been a bad idea either.

One thing that I definitely would reccommend to a new darker colored Camaro owner that I personally wish I would have done.

Hope this helps!
-Ivan :thumbsup:

MillerTime 05-02-2010 10:10 PM

Already plannin on it!

Big Brunsy 05-02-2010 10:19 PM

I wish I would have bought it from a different dealer....do your research!!!

ron10 05-02-2010 10:29 PM

wish i had known about camaro5.com before i purchased,so i could have done research.

Mindz 05-02-2010 10:32 PM

I wish I would have been able to get clearbra on the top of my front bumper to avoid the one rock chip that I have now.

04Ram2500Hemi 05-03-2010 06:29 AM

Right now I just wish I could drive mine more. Spring time weather in Montana this year has not been good for Camaro driving. I will admit though because of everything I've read on this forum, the clear bra went on before the car left city limits.

CamaroSkooter 05-03-2010 07:27 AM

I second the clear bra. I wish I had gotten it to begin with. Several rock chips later and I've resigned myself to just get a whole new front fascia when it gets bad enough :D

ahart04 05-03-2010 07:45 AM

I wish they offered t tops

and a hood induction like 4th gen

Dep130 05-03-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Brunsy (Post 1798778)
I wish I would have bought it from a different dealer....do your research!!!

:word:

American Muscle 05-03-2010 08:50 AM

how much do the clear bra's go for and do you pick them up at your dealer? picking up my camaro this week. Thanks!

RogueSS 05-03-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Muscle (Post 1799944)
how much do the clear bra's go for and do you pick them up at your dealer? picking up my camaro this week. Thanks!

They're installed, usually by companies that do window tint.

To have my entire front end (including headlights and mirrors), both rocker panels and the gill area done was about $700.

Well worth it IMO.

I'd check the forum for your region and ask if anyone has a good installer for ClearBra's.

hrpiii 05-03-2010 10:16 AM

I had 90 miles on my camaro when the clearbra (venturashield) was installed. I had already read to many post on paint chipping. One of the best things done on the car. Full front, both front qtr pnls, A-pillars, mirrors, full hood.

Michael_Js 05-03-2010 10:48 AM

Amen to OP!! I am so dissappointed I didn't get the full clear bra either ;( I know it would have been about $1100 for the front, lowers, gills, mirrors, but wow, my car looks terrible with all the scratches and nicks and cuts... ;(

Smart move hrpiii!

RedJewel2SS 05-03-2010 11:17 AM

i wish i would have had the stripes painted on, the entire car clear coated, clear bra installed, and bought from a different dealer!

if i would have bought from Eric @ Classic or Scotty @ Newman, i probably could have gotten all of that included for the premium i had to pay locally! :facepalm: