Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Edmunds: 2010 Shelby GT500 Crushes 2010 Camaro SS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23355)

Fireball 05-18-2009 07:49 PM

Edmunds: 2010 Shelby GT500 Crushes 2010 Camaro SS
 
Source: http://www.edmunds.com/ford/shelbygt...testdrive.html

2010 Shelby GT500 vs 2010 Camaro SS

0-60: 4.3 vs 5.0 (4.0 vs 4.7 with 1' rollout)
1/4-mile: 12.4 vs 13.0

speedster 05-18-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 499190)
Source: http://www.edmunds.com/ford/shelbygt...testdrive.html

2010 Shelby GT500 vs 2010 Camaro SS

0-60: 4.3 vs 5.0 (4.0 vs 4.7 with 1' rollout)
1/4-mile: 12.4 vs 13.0


At least get a little closer to an apples-to-apples comparison and run it against that new Henessey.
I think that the GT500 should be allowed the same cold air induction, cat back exhaust and the same drag radials. I assume the boost for both is about the same. Now that would be a good match race. :)

GrnMchin 05-18-2009 08:01 PM

6 tenths faster and at least 10k more yeah I think with that much $ in hand I could get it to spank the GT500 and buy a round of drinks for the entire bar after the win.:drinking:

Crowley 05-18-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 499190)
Source: http://www.edmunds.com/ford/shelbygt...testdrive.html

2010 Shelby GT500 vs 2010 Camaro SS

0-60: 4.3 vs 5.0 (4.0 vs 4.7 with 1' rollout)
1/4-mile: 12.4 vs 13.0

Unfortunately this is something we already knew :)

Crowley

Sctrjn21 05-18-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 499202)
At least get a little closer to an apples-to-apples comparison and run it against that new Henessey.
I think that the GT500 should be allowed the same cold air induction, cat back exhaust and the same drag radials. I assume the boost for both is about the same. Now that would be a good match race. :)

Yeah I agree, compare to the henessey one. Henessey just ran 11.6 and the gt500 is still at 12.4. Too much money for a gt500, 8k less would be a different story in my opinion

Xmicro_SS 05-18-2009 08:09 PM

Here we go again....... :rolleyes:.

And try 4.7 0-60 on the SS. That edmunds is inaccurate. And for $20+K more the GT500 better win. But, for less than $10K the Camaro will slam that wagon hard!

DeathChill 05-18-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sctrjn21 (Post 499255)
Yeah I agree, compare to the henessey one. Henessey just ran 11.6 and the gt500 is still at 12.4. Too much money for a gt500, 8k less would be a different story in my opinion

To be fair I think the cost of the GT500 is due to the components. You can push crazy horsepower through them no problem.

Mblock66 05-18-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS (Post 499264)
Here we go again....... :rolleyes:.

And try 4.7 0-60 on the SS. That edmunds is inaccurate. And for $20+K more the GT500 better win. But, for less than $10K the Camaro will slam that wagon hard!

You can't reduce the SS to 4.7 if you don't then allow the GT500 to be reduced too. If the Edmunds drivers suck and can only get a 5.0 in the SS then they will suck on the GT500 too and "only" get a 4.3.

I really doubt that they dogged the SS on purpose and pushed the GT500 to its limits. It was probably the same driver for both

The fact is that the camaro just isn't as fast stock for stock with that car. But the GT500 needs to be compared to the Vette not the camaro

garagelogic 05-18-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mblock66 (Post 499281)
But the GT500 needs to be compared to the Vette not the camaro

Why? Other than base price, what do they have in common?

Nothing stated in this thread should come as a surprise to anyone. It has been discussed, argued and beat to death on his forum and many others.

As for comparing it to the Hennessey S/C Camaro, we've discussed that as well. Give the GT500 a tune and drag radials and let 'em go at it.:w00t:

Camaro_Corvette 05-18-2009 09:01 PM

:facepalm: to this thread :facepalm:

beowulf80 05-18-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Why? Other than base price, what do they have in common?
Umm, base price and target audience?

I'll give you that the GT500 is gonna spank a SS, but j/c I would hope so for that money...

Super Sport 05-18-2009 09:05 PM

Edmunds is always a bit off on the 0-60 times... I'm pretty damn sure the SS can manage a bit better. That and the comparison is off... If we had a Z28 then you could compare but with 75 more hp and similar torque the GT500 is an entirely different beast imho.

ibznu2010 05-18-2009 09:11 PM

My question is this. you need water to start a burn out on KR? Thats what the video shows. Chevy all the way here.

MerF 05-18-2009 09:14 PM

Next comparison of this caliber:

Camry versus G8 GXP.

They're both four-doors. :iono:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.