Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   pre amp output (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20657)

Gentry78 04-30-2009 06:31 AM

pre amp output

so does anybody know if the headunit has any pre outs just wondering since a few have their cars

ZZcamaro 04-30-2009 11:02 AM

Anybody??? Anybody get a picture of the sub hookups in the rear?

mcernik 04-30-2009 01:28 PM

I haven't looked yet, but when I looked at the Chicago Auto show I didn't find any. I'm thinking im going to just have to run a hi-low converter off the rear speakers. Then the only problem is going to be finding some switched power for the remote line.

rolnslo 04-30-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcernik (Post 446552)
I haven't looked yet, but when I looked at the Chicago Auto show I didn't find any. I'm thinking im going to just have to run a hi-low converter off the rear speakers. Then the only problem is going to be finding some switched power for the remote line.

There's got to be some sort of switched power at the back, given that you can order a subwoofer option. I just can't see GM making their dealers install that option without giving them a bit of help with the wiring for both power and audio.

Just tear apart your trunk and let us know what you find...:thumbsup:

mcernik 05-01-2009 01:29 PM

Well I ripped the trunk apart.
On the left side is what appears to be an amplifier.
On the right side is a small fuse panel.

There may be a switched power in that panel, I forgot to look, I was busy looking for some kind of harness to plug into but found nothing.

I talked to a service tech at my dealership this morning and he said they have really no info on the addon sub/amp package or even a service manual on the Camaro yet.

So for now it looks like the only way to do it is a Hi-Low converter off the rear speakers.

Gentry78 05-02-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcernik (Post 449394)

There may be a switched power in that panel, I forgot to look, I was busy looking for some kind of harness to plug into but found nothing.

I talked to a service tech at my dealership this morning and he said they have really no info on the addon sub/amp package or even a service manual on the Camaro yet.

So for now it looks like the only way to do it is a Hi-Low converter off the rear speakers.

that kinda suck o'well

thanks for doing that your a good man:thumbsup:

Scourage 05-07-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZcamaro (Post 446175)
Anybody??? Anybody get a picture of the sub hookups in the rear?

:( Still no info on this yet?

I would imagine there is something back there to hook the MTX box up to.

2010SSRS 05-17-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scourage (Post 467866)
:( Still no info on this yet?

I would imagine there is something back there to hook the MTX box up to.

i am awaiting this info as well.

someone? anyone?

JDBeck23 05-17-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcernik (Post 449394)

MAN! If I had a car I'd have to play around with it, but I think I could figure it out with a multimeter...

I bet you can wire your amp up off that fuse panel, as long as it has an always hot and switched hot leads. Then you can tap right off the signals going to the amp for preamps, no need to tap in at the speakers. Hell, that being said, there should be a switched 12v lead on the factory amp as well. Once the service manual comes out for the Camaro, hopefully we can get a pinout for the connector and maybe have a pass through style connector made so you can hook your amp right up using the factory connector and not even have to alter the factory wire harness. This might be how the dealerships will install the accessory subs.

This sounds very promising. If the components in the trunk are indeed the factory amplifier and a fuse box, then we're good to go. Definitely not "plug and play", but much better than most car manufacturers have done in the past.

Smoken'em 05-18-2009 04:30 PM

If there isn't a remote wire available I used a piece called the re-Q on her car for her factory head unit. It works great for tying in an aftermarket amplifier just by tapping off the factory speakers for signal. It has some sensor inside of it that knows when there's music and automatically turns on, as a bonus it has a remote wire output wire so when this thing turns on it can send a signal to an amplifier or whatever to turn on as well.

I got my girlfriend the 5 channel which has inputs for front, rear, and sub input as well as RCA outputs for the same. It also has a cool input on the 5 channel so anything you have that has a 3.5 head phone jack plug that you can run a cable off of you can input it into your factory system through the re-Q. I like it for running Pandora on my Blackberry Storm through her stereo since I haven't gotten her hooked up with Sirius yet. I'm considering not even doing satellite radio now though since I can run internet radio through her car for free.

I was able to buy it through reqsound.com, they have a pretty cool demo of what it does too. It somehow is able to have better bass than if you were to use just a simple high to low converter on an amplifier.

Alfieboy 12-22-2009 12:03 AM

search for ********...
amp install kit will come with directions

SEARCH

Alfieboy 12-23-2009 02:47 AM

WHOA!

Quote:

Originally Posted by brjray (Post 1311603)
Well, I tried that search thing. It looks like they recommend the PAC OEM-1.

I had the PAC OEM-1 in my 2008 Silverado for 2 months before the remote wire began to stay hot at all times keeping my amp on and killing my battery. Also the sound quality was not that great. There was so much factory filtering to the signal that I tune the gain so that the booming peaks in the higher frequency bass were manageable but that left me with no low frequency bass. However, it was a ton better than the line level converter from Scosche.

My previous CD player was a Pioneer Deh-p8600mp with a 24bit burr brown dac. So the difference between stereos was as big as you can get. I know getting this kind of quality out of a OEM head unit is impossible but I would at least like a flat response to work with if possible.

There should be a remote wire at the rear amp I would think.

Hopefully I can find a better input / filtering solution.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
HELLO

SUB THUMP..

Contact Steve
:D

Steve@Subthump 12-23-2009 07:14 AM

Hey, that's me. You don't need a 50 dollar eom-1. Just our kit. Comes with power and ground, rca, line converter, fuse, and instructions.

spectrepig 12-23-2009 09:22 AM

There are no pre-amp outs. In some of these threads, you will find the wiring diagram to get your signal as well as the switching to power up your amp. Did mine last week and it works like a charm. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Todd/Pictures/Camaroelectronicsinfo9.jpg[/IMG]
Just splice into the wires you need. There is no need for RCA converters either. In my experience, the sound quality for bass is the same using the amp's high level input.