Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   IPF Camaro V6 vs Procharger Mustang V6 (Soon) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307174)

MagnumForceGB 01-27-2016 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycraft (Post 8867568)
Go with AN fittings

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That stock line was $35, the AN replacements would be $50, so a $15 upgrade isn't bad. Might bypass the other line also so it will be the same.

Sucks too, the car was running very good. I had learned how to modify the Air Load finally, I could change how much fuel was added by adjusting a table that didn't even deal with fuel or air. The low pressure side of the fuel system was also 55 PSI and never went down, so I can put the 7th injector back. Before I was adding too much fuel and that is why the fuel rail pressure was dropping like crazy. At 5000 RPM the HPFP isn't supplying enough.

IneedAZ 01-28-2016 06:30 AM

Sucks, go for the braided just for the piece of mind. Always something! So it was on the pressure side?

MagnumForceGB 01-28-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 8868128)
Sucks, go for the braided just for the piece of mind. Always something! So it was on the pressure side?

Pressure side going to the stock cooler. I got the AN fittings ordered, I'm wondering about bypassing the stock cooler completely and have a thermostat to get the fluid up to temp.

MagnumForceGB 01-28-2016 10:53 AM

Forgot to mention that yesterday I hit 14.2 PSI of boost at 6900 RPM in 50 degree weather. So maybe 0.5 - 1 PSI increase. The big gain is at lower levels, the converter instantly stalls to 5000 and the response is instant. I was spinning 3rd gear from a roll in good weather. I'm getting her fsster, just hit a small bump with this. Hopefully this is my only part failure of the year.

MagnumForceGB 01-28-2016 01:29 PM

Decided to bypass the stock cooler completely just in case it isn't flowing well. It will also eliminate the other rubber hose. Going to use a 165 degree thermostat with -6 AN lines. While the car is down I'm going to install the engine mounts and do some minor work to make it easier to work on.

MagnumForceGB 01-28-2016 04:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the destroyed line off the car, you can see how it just pushed the fitting off.

Also put it side-by-side to the Mustang V6 line, probably why they can handle 250 psi of pressure.

JantzenOKC 01-28-2016 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB (Post 8868846)
Decided to bypass the stock cooler completely just in case it isn't flowing well. It will also eliminate the other rubber hose. Going to use a 165 degree thermostat with -6 AN lines. While the car is down I'm going to install the engine mounts and do some minor work to make it easier to work on.

Well I'm glad I didn't order all of my an fitting yet. This might be a good route for me too with the giant cooler I got. Is this the one you're looking at?

MagnumForceGB 01-28-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JantzenOKC (Post 8869481)
Well I'm glad I didn't order all of my an fitting yet. This might be a good route for me too with the giant cooler I got. Is this the one you're looking at?

Yeah, the exact one from Improved Racing.

JantzenOKC 01-28-2016 09:10 PM

It looks like a nice unit, says it's high flow. PRICEY! But probabaly worth it to have the piece of mind. I'm scared of the crimps now. I wonder if this is something that ever happens with the V8 guys or if this was just a freak deal.

MagnumForceGB 01-29-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JantzenOKC (Post 8869705)
It looks like a nice unit, says it's high flow. PRICEY! But probabaly worth it to have the piece of mind. I'm scared of the crimps now. I wonder if this is something that ever happens with the V8 guys or if this was just a freak deal.

They have the same lines and some run more pressure probably, so that's why I'm starting to think the stock cooler doesn't flow enough. I think the LLT has a different radiator than the LS3 or LFX.

I just hate doing the fittings in steel braided lines, no matter how clean of a cut I get there is always a splinter to remind you of who's the boss.

IneedAZ 01-29-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB (Post 8870252)
They have the same lines and some run more pressure probably, so that's why I'm starting to think the stock cooler doesn't flow enough. I think the LLT has a different radiator than the LS3 or LFX.

I just hate doing the fittings in steel braided lines, no matter how clean of a cut I get there is always a splinter to remind you of who's the boss.

Did you check to see what your temps have been through the year the way you had it? Since adding my Tstat last week my temps after an hour of driving are around 165 compared to the 130-140's i had before. I have mine setup to run through the radiator like stock til gets up in temp then the tstat allows flow through the cooler. The way the tstat is designed it allows 10% to flow through the cooler all the time anyway.

MagnumForceGB 01-29-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 8870342)
Did you check to see what your temps have been through the year the way you had it? Since adding my Tstat last week my temps after an hour of driving are around 165 compared to the 130-140's i had before. I have mine setup to run through the radiator like stock til gets up in temp then the tstat allows flow through the cooler. The way the tstat is designed it allows 10% to flow through the cooler all the time anyway.

I will have to check but summer time was around 160, winter 130. At the track 170 I think. I think it got up to 150 yesterday but the damage could have been done already from the extreme cold.

IneedAZ 01-29-2016 11:02 AM

glad you had me add trans temp pid to HP Tuners...didnt realize i was driving it that cold.

MagnumForceGB 01-29-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 8870557)
glad you had me add trans temp pid to HP Tuners...didnt realize i was driving it that cold.

Mine was below 140 today. I probably just had everything go wrong at once, low temp, high pressure, weak link. I will rebuild though and make JantzenOKC stare at the DAV license plate at the track.