Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Limited slip differential? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20093)

LosXC451 04-26-2009 06:04 PM

Limited slip differential?
 
I was just wondering because i haven't heard anything about this but does the camaro have a limited slip differential?

cyberbro 04-26-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosXC451 (Post 435316)
I was just wondering because i haven't heard anything about this but does the camaro have a limited slip differential?

Yes it does.

Muscle Master 04-26-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberbro (Post 435348)
Yes it does.

To answer your question a bit better, The manual V6 and V8 Camaro's have LSD, the auto V6 does not, and I not sure about the auto V8

LosXC451 04-26-2009 06:24 PM

Thanks

Tal 04-26-2009 07:27 PM

To be clear the only Camaro's it's not included are the V6 autos.

levi1922 04-26-2009 09:20 PM

is there any reason its not on the auto V6?

SemperFi 04-26-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levi1922 (Post 435852)
is there any reason its not on the auto V6?

Yeahh... Why isnt it? And from anyone that knows, what does this mean for the Auto V6's performance?

DGthe3 04-27-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemperFi (Post 435922)
Yeahh... Why isnt it? And from anyone that knows, what does this mean for the Auto V6's performance?

do those words seem like they belong together when talking about a Camaro ...

I'd say that the A6 went without because its target market is not interested in performance, hence no need to spend money on a limited slip.

Suicidal 04-27-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

I'd say that the A6 went without because its target market is not interested in performance, hence no need to spend money on a limited slip.
:word:

SemperFi 04-27-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 437206)
do those words seem like they belong together when talking about a Camaro ...

I'd say that the A6 went without because its target market is not interested in performance, hence no need to spend money on a limited slip.

Whose buying a camaro that isnt interested in performance? Im in the market for an auto v6 and I want performance. The only reason i dont step up to the 1ss is the lack of leather seats. cant buy a sweet new car and have me and my gal sittin on cloth. :thumbdown:

but anyway, like i said. Im a person that wants the auto to have that performance. its not practical for the kind of driving i do to have a manual. annd.. its got more horses than a lot of the older fan's gen 4's, so whatevs man. :iono:

BeermanSS 04-27-2009 11:29 PM

the majority of people buying the a6 v6 camaro won't be interested in performance, nor will they be on this website. Don't forget we (enthusiasts) are the minority.

DGthe3 04-28-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemperFi (Post 438629)
Whose buying a camaro that isnt interested in performance? Im in the market for an auto v6 and I want performance. The only reason i dont step up to the 1ss is the lack of leather seats. cant buy a sweet new car and have me and my gal sittin on cloth. :thumbdown:

but anyway, like i said. Im a person that wants the auto to have that performance. its not practical for the kind of driving i do to have a manual. annd.. its got more horses than a lot of the older fan's gen 4's, so whatevs man. :iono:

I understand, but thats why I specified target market. For everyone like you whose daily drive make a manual annoying and don't want a 1SS, and a 2SS is too much of a stretch for the budget, there are many more who want a cool looking car that gets good mileage that they don't have to shift themselves.

JJ#48Racing 04-28-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemperFi (Post 438629)
Whose buying a camaro that isnt interested in performance? Im in the market for an auto v6 and I want performance. The only reason i dont step up to the 1ss is the lack of leather seats. cant buy a sweet new car and have me and my gal sittin on cloth. :thumbdown:

I don't know about your gal, but mine is more impressed from 426 horses than 4 cows.

I do however think the auto V6 should at least have the limited-slip diff available as an option if not standard.

theholycow 04-28-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemperFi (Post 438629)
Whose buying a camaro that isnt interested in performance? Im in the market for an auto v6 and I want performance.

Most people buy (and accessorize) vehicles based on appearance.

Plus, it's not that the auto V6 won't perform well. I suspect that it will perform very well without needing a LSD. Modern traction control and good suspension should make it work well.

In the meantime, an open diff is safer in some situations when the rear could kick sideways from spinning wheels (big difference driving my open diff pickup and my dad's LSD pickup). It's also cheaper, and the auto V6 needs to be cheap more than any other Camaro.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.