Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

Darth_Emma 02-25-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2889308)
Those directional rims look good spinning the 2nd "DE" way...

Sorry 'bout the dent in THR22 :(, but looks like a quick fix and will be good as new !! :)

Hang on... don't anybody leave... I need witnesses. I have to go get my husband to prove something to him. I might actually be right about something! :sm0:

Darth_Emma 02-25-2011 08:28 PM

Now about those wheels. Suppose you put the one on the back spinning one way and the one on the front spinning the other way...

..and make them 22s while you're at it...

:D

GTAHVIT 02-25-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2889308)
Those directional rims look good spinning the 2nd "DE" way...

Sorry 'bout the dent in THR22 :(, but looks like a quick fix and will be good as new !! :)

Yup now that I've seen both of them... you're right. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2889339)
Hang on... don't anybody leave... I need witnesses. I have to go get my husband to prove something to him. I might actually be right about something! :sm0:

:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2889350)
Now about those wheels. Suppose you put the one on the back spinning one way and the one on the front spinning the other way...

..and make them 22s while you're at it...

:D

:mad0260:

WadeWilson 02-25-2011 09:12 PM

I like em Chris!

If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have gotten 20s. I should have went with 18s or 19s. That's not to say I don't like the looks of the 20s, but as you know, they're just not as good for performance as a smaller wheel. Maybe this fall I'll get a new set. :iono:

Revo1 02-25-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2889034)
Now the bad....
THR 22 has been wounded in battle...

the bummer is it is 200% my fault.

Luckily it's only gonna cost about $400 to fix.... so Add $400 to my wheel budget... :facepalm:

I backed into a Chevy truck who was parked on the drivers side of me you can see the Parking Lot below. the truck was a 2500 crew cab, extended bed beast. So his bumper was way behind the bumper of my car... but plenty of room between the cars so I didn't notice it when I put my stuff in the trunk... I've been working mid shifts and just put in a 12 hour day and so I was pretty out of it anyway.....

Luckily its not bad at all and I wasn't really even that upset.... A guy in a Grand Sport Vette saw it happen... He was pretty upset... Which I thought was cool.. "Oh man I'd be sick right now..." :D the look on his face was like a parent when their kids get hurt...

All I could say was, "What can I do... it happens...." :laugh:

So I've already got an appt for Monday

:upset:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

..OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

I feel your pain man. $400 ain't bad tho, my little back-up incident ended up costing close to $1200, and I didn't even hit another car :facepalm:

zebra 02-25-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2888962)
The wheels look sweet. Ummm... are you sure they are not supposed to be the other way around though? Those directional wheels are supposed to go on a certain way (L or R). They look backward to me - like the left wheels are on the right side of the car. Can you flip them the other way?

Maybe I'm wrong... happens a lot.

PS: Your car looks GREAT lowered.

hmm... i like them the first way - has more of a "switchblade" look to them ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2889086)
20's.... stop it... :mad0259:

;)

:laugh:

18s :thumbsup:

...maybe 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo1 (Post 2889547)
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I feel your pain man. $400 ain't bad tho, my little back-up incident ended up costing close to $1200, and I didn't even hit another car :facepalm:

ouch! :yikes:

Revo1 02-25-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2889771)
hmm... i like them the first way - has more of a "switchblade" look to them ;)

+1

DGthe3 02-25-2011 10:25 PM

go with 19's ...

mlee 02-25-2011 10:27 PM

You've already got 20's... Put some DRs on those and expand those sweet wheels to 22s

....or shrink to 18's..:iono:

JusticePete 02-25-2011 11:14 PM

I think there was a paint defect in that area in need of repair anyway.

Merc 02-25-2011 11:31 PM

:facepalm: That suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck's
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2889034)
Now the bad....
THR 22 has been wounded in battle...

the bummer is it is 200% my fault.

Luckily it's only gonna cost about $400 to fix.... so Add $400 to my wheel budget... :facepalm:

I backed into a Chevy truck who was parked on the drivers side of me you can see the Parking Lot below. the truck was a 2500 crew cab, extended bed beast. So his bumper was way behind the bumper of my car... but plenty of room between the cars so I didn't notice it when I put my stuff in the trunk... I've been working mid shifts and just put in a 12 hour day and so I was pretty out of it anyway.....

Luckily its not bad at all and I wasn't really even that upset.... A guy in a Grand Sport Vette saw it happen... He was pretty upset... Which I thought was cool.. "Oh man I'd be sick right now..." :D the look on his face was like a parent when their kids get hurt...

All I could say was, "What can I do... it happens...." :laugh:

So I've already got an appt for Monday

:upset:

speedster 02-26-2011 02:30 AM

It really comes down to looks vs. performance. Always the tradeoff... only you can decide. Partial to 18's here for perf, but the 20s look great. :)

GTAHVIT 02-26-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo1 (Post 2889547)
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeouch.. Yeah all in all I got lucky.. when the dealer quoted me $400 I said, "hows monday?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2890090)
I think there was a paint defect in that area in need of repair anyway.

That's actually from the incident... I just grazed his bumper then crunch...

:facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2889042)
That'll buff right out. No worries. :)

Seriously, that sucks, but it'll be fixed good as new before you know it.

Yeah the dealer seemed to think it was not very bad at all.. He said he could make it perfect for about 800 and he could make it so I'll probably be the only one to notice for $400... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercuryman96 (Post 2890136)
:facepalm: That suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck's

thanks dude, I'm jumping on it quick... should be back to normal by Wed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2890490)
It really comes down to looks vs. performance. Always the tradeoff... only you can decide. Partial to 18's here for perf, but the 20s look great. :)

Yeah, I've always been a looks first guy... but this car is certainly the highest HP car I've ever owned so I want the best of both worlds...

20's seems like the best compromise. :D

SSE 4 2SS 02-26-2011 11:30 AM

20's for the street, and 18's for the rear on strip days... Sorry to hear about the fender bender, but it sounds like you have a fast fender mender... so it's all good...