Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

PQ 03-22-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 2997559)
The chassis shop has welding going on all over the place.
The auto body shop has broken glass and metal shards from the damaged cars.
Chevy dealer has antifreeze, oil, etc. on the floor.
All that stuff will mess up your good tires.

I have 3 mounted sets of wheels for the car.

One set for working on the car and winter sitting (the stock wheels).
The polished aluminum CCW's with Bridgestone RE-11's for the street and if it rains when running at the track.
Then the race set of Hoosiers, also on CCW's.

:laugh: Your worst set of wheels is better than my best...... lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2997585)
Dan built a a guided missile and disguised it as a Camaro.

Apperently.... :drool:

zebra 03-22-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997364)
:laugh:

gees my wallet is still smoking... at least let me put the fire out that is burning all my money before you throw more fuel on it.

:help:

tell me about it... :rolleyes:
as soon as i can get out of this hellhole that is the CO desert, i'm gonna be all over getting that blower/cam/exhaust strapped on.

i finally haz da moniez! (i think...) :happyanim:




i realize that means i gotta get a stronger clutch






...and bigger brakes











...which also means bigger wheels















...and therefore new tires














what have i done?! :suicide:
ps - and then the car's still gotta get painted (the hood'll still be in primer til then) as well as, somewhere in there, powdercoating the brakes & wheels just to make them look right :facepalm:


pps - and, of course, suspension :) :(

PQ 03-22-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2997640)
i finally haz da moniez! (i think...) :happyanim:

:thumbup: SWEET.

JusticePete 03-23-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2997640)
tell me about it... :rolleyes:
as soon as i can get out of this hellhole that is the CO desert, i'm gonna be all over getting that blower/cam/exhaust strapped on.

i finally haz da moniez! (i think...) :happyanim:




i realize that means i gotta get PEDDERISED




a stronger clutch






...and bigger brakes











...which also means bigger wheels















...and therefore new tires














what have i done?! :suicide:
ps - and then the car's still gotta get painted (the hood'll still be in primer til then) as well as, somewhere in there, powdercoating the brakes & wheels just to make them look right :facepalm:


:) :(


:D:D:D

PQ 03-23-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2997748)
:D:D:D

:sm0:

zebra 03-23-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2997748)
:D :happyanim: BUY MY STUFF!!!!! :happyanim: :D

i'm thinkin...
i'm thinkin...


hmm... whatcha ya got for C5s? peddersusa.com wasn't helpful

TAG UR IT 03-23-2011 01:48 AM

now....for some new, wider rims!

:D

Mr Twisty 03-23-2011 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2997777)
i'm thinkin...
i'm thinkin...


hmm... whatcha ya got for C5s? peddersusa.com wasn't helpful

Pete may not know your, "My pickup morphed into a Corvette!" story :laugh:

I don't think they do modern Vette stuff :iono:

Mr Twisty 03-23-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997283)

Gees I just wrote the extended version of Lord of the Rings... :facepalm:

:bellyroll:

Im glad you through in some paragraphs and some o that other english crap they was spose 2 teach us in scule or I never woulda made it as far as u just did before I lost track then my mind wanders off to fishin or maybe huntin I like to hunt and fish specially inna boat onna lake the bigger the lake the better unless its just too big anyways cant think of nuttin else to say but that was a good write-up glad you like it :thumbsup:

JusticePete 03-23-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 2998225)
:bellyroll:

Im glad you through in some paragraphs and some o that other english crap they was spose 2 teach us in scule or I never woulda made it as far as u just did before I lost track then my mind wanders off to fishin or maybe huntin I like to hunt and fish specially inna boat onna lake the bigger the lake the better unless its just too big anyways cant think of nuttin else to say but that was a good write-up glad you like it :thumbsup:

:laughabove: :bellyroll: :sm0:

JusticePete 03-23-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 2998216)
Pete may not know your, "My pickup morphed into a Corvette!" story :laugh:

I don't think they do modern Vette stuff :iono:

Zebra?????

PQ 03-23-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2998478)
Zebra?????

Zebra has a C5 Vette.

CamaroSpike23 03-23-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997283)
I don't know my car any more... but... I KNOW it's faster, more stable, more safe, more capable, less sketchy... I KNOW the limits of the car are vastly increased. I don't know where the limit is any more. But the confidence that the car is safe... is higher... if that makes sense.

Gah it's so hard to explain from a rookies perspective... Let me try this...

When I first got THR22 I was afraid of it. Ask Randy. I had never owned a car with any where near 500 RWHP. So I knew the car could get me into a real mess if I didn't respect it. I've also learned that is the nature of horse power.

OK, I say all that to say this....

Yes the suspension was expensive. But on the scale of performance improvement, it is as much as the supercharger was. But in a vastly different way. When I first got the car,being afraid of it, I drove it very moderately. The supercars, sways, and bushings, remove that, "damn this thing is gonna kill me" feeling and gives you that, "I've got this thing under complete control." confidence. Like I said, I know the car can do more than I am comfortable with.

Simple example. Getting on the freeway in 3rd gear was an exercise in throttle control. At any time in the cloverleaf on ramp I could break it loose with a simple blip of the throttle. NOW, I could jump on the gas in the middle of that same on ramp and simply accelerate.

Bottom line, the car is better, safer, more refined.... Complete... :D

I am more excited to learn how to drive the car now, than I was when I first picked up THR22 from Tom Henry... :happyanim:

Maybe I'll be able to better articulate it the more I learn how to utilize the new found performance increase... :iono:


Gees I just wrote the extended version of Lord of the Rings...


so to sum it all up... you need me to drive your car again. :D

600hp-lpe 03-23-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 2999623)
so to sum it all up... you need me to drive your car again. :D

Come pick me up. We'll take turns with Chris's car...:evil:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.