Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why are Dealers so Stupid? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9428)

UCF w00t 11-07-2008 01:47 PM

Why are some Dealers so Stupid?

Called a local dealer (Courtesy Chevrolet in Orlando). I asked them if they're taking preorders for the camaro. They say they're taking deposits for a "waiting list." I say huh? So you're not putting in the orders? And she says no we can't put in the orders til February.... I'm like uhhh thats not true. (silence) Ok. Bye.

I just don't understand how something so simple they could be so utterly confused on. I've had similar experiences with other dealers. What's the deal? Do they not like to sell cars? If I was this incompetent in my own job, well I wouldn't be there anymore. Everyone knows GM is having financial issues and idiotic, lying salespeople isn't exactly helping the cause.

playhard67 11-07-2008 02:21 PM

Most likely, they are waiting until they can place their own orders for "floor" models first (December). Then turn around and sell them for a markup after they arrive on the floor. Find another dealer.

UCF w00t 11-07-2008 02:26 PM

Oh I am. It's just disheartening that they're passing up on sure sales now instead to make a few bucks extra later. I guess they don't read the news and don't realize that there won't likely be lines to buy any car for quite a while.

The_Blur 11-07-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 184639)
Oh I am. It's just disheartening that they're passing up on sure sales now instead to make a few bucks extra later. I guess they don't read the news and don't realize that there won't likely be lines to buy any car for quite a while.

You assume way too much. They're not trying to make a buck later. They're way too stupid to do that most of the time. :rolleyes: They haven't done their research. Go in. Ask for the owner. Tell him to sit at his computer in your presence, and visit Chevrolet's dealer website.

UCF w00t 11-07-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 184645)
You assume way too much. They're not trying to make a buck later. They're way too stupid to do that most of the time. :rolleyes: They haven't done their research. Go in. Ask for the owner. Tell him to sit at his computer in your presence, and visit Chevrolet's dealer website.

This is a larger dealer with several dealerships in the area for the various OEMs.

Either way, ignorance or trying to make a quick buck is just stupid.

jimbo57 11-07-2008 03:14 PM

it's ok to be naive in october. the dealers should be up to speed by now, or there are some serious problems in management. standard b.s. answers and stall tactics don't fly anymore. not with the enthusiasts.

josh1147 11-07-2008 03:14 PM

Tell your dealers to login to "chevylaunch.com" and check their facts. Remind them that they are supposed to have salespeople who are smart enough to actually sell the product.

Oh and for the really resourceful sales people, tell them to come to the Camaro5 website to really "bone up" on their Camaro knowledge!!

This site is awesome! Thanks to everyone for your contributions!

Chevyrocker 11-07-2008 03:20 PM

no doubt about it...camaro5...best car site I've ever been to.

The_Blur 11-07-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyrocker (Post 184713)
no doubt about it...camaro5...best car site I've ever been to.

:thanks::tweetz: :party0038::party0048: :headbang5thgen::updown: :character0293: :sm1: :happy0180: :drinking::w00t::chevy::wave::respekt:

AutoXCamaro 11-07-2008 03:53 PM

Note to self, stay away from Orlando chevy dealers. Although the ones in Tampa are probably just as bad.

NAHURRY 11-07-2008 03:54 PM

A big dealership told me the same thing,said no order till Feb,then told me even then the owner will probably mark them up a good bit,then said V6 will be the only ones made first? needless to say I left there drove 12 miles to another and put my order in at msrp:bonk:

lalometalik 11-07-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in a hurry (Post 184743)
A big dealership told me the same thing,said no order till Feb,then told me even then the owner will probably mark them up a good bit,then said V6 will be the only ones made first? needless to say I left there drove 12 miles to another and put my order in at msrp:bonk:

:clap: :headbang:

spread the word. tell all of the latter dealership

UCF w00t 11-07-2008 04:40 PM

I found a couple dealers in the area that said they'd do MSRP but I want one to agree to supplier if GM says they'll do it. It's worth it to me to wait a few extra months to save $1000+. At least it is at the moment. I'll probably regret that after I see a few lucky SOBs with them on the road lol.

CFPC_2010 11-07-2008 04:58 PM

UCF w00t - Try Classic Chevy. I kind of forced them into learning the way of the Camaro, although they at least knew the basic info off of ChevyLaunch. Their allocation was 9 and mine was first ordered but there were another 2 deposits at that time. My only concern is that they may try to bump the cost above MSRP for other orders but I was able to get it at MSRP. I will probably be going up this weekend to modify my order now that I have seen some of the aftermarket items on real cars. Good luck and drop me a PM if you need more info.

UCF w00t 11-07-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFPC_2010 (Post 184788)
UCF w00t - Try Classic Chevy. I kind of forced them into learning the way of the Camaro, although they at least knew the basic info off of ChevyLaunch. Their allocation was 9 and mine was first ordered but there were another 2 deposits at that time. My only concern is that they may try to bump the cost above MSRP for other orders but I was able to get it at MSRP. I will probably be going up this weekend to modify my order now that I have seen some of the aftermarket items on real cars. Good luck and drop me a PM if you need more info.

Wow... called them today... they wanted $3500 over MSRP!!!!!!!! Told them they were idiots and to have a nice day and hung up. I hope you got that MSRP in writing!

13F20 11-07-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in a hurry (Post 184743)

Good for you. Geter done thats right.

SQUALO 11-07-2008 06:03 PM

Yesterday I went to a dealership in north Toronto, and asked if they had taken any pre-sale orders...with a confused look the salesman said "Oh yeah". I didn't believe him for a minute, because then I asked him what his (the dealership's) alotment was. His response was: "Whatever they will allow us to sell, since we're a high volume dealership". What are they more special than anyone else...get real. Right away he asked me if I was interested in placing an order, and I told him I was waiting for the CDN pricing to come out. He didn't even know when that was, I had to tell him, and he laughed and told me that he hadn't read up on it, and for me to call him with the pricing. Maybe he should do some research on what he sells instead of flurting with the receptionist in the middle of the showroom.
SALESMAN PRE-REQUISITE SHOULD INCLUDE SOME FORM OR CAR ENTHUSIAST AND/OR HOBBIEST!

SQUALO 11-07-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 184790)
Wow... called them today... they wanted $3500 over MSRP!!!!!!!! Told them they were idiots and to have a nice day and hung up. I hope you got that MSRP in writing!

Last year a Dodge dealership in Toronto (shall remain nameless) actually advertised, with big stickers, a $10,000 markup on the Challenger. A true muscle car enthusiast noticed this, got some confirmed input from a salesman, and later filed a complaint with Chrysler Canada. Need I say, that dealership got reamed...I think they should of been banned from selling the car all together.

lakestar 11-07-2008 06:12 PM

You know, on the other side, its been a rough year for these dealers and it may get worse before it gets better. I think it is perfectly acceptable for a dealer to be up front and say, we think we can make more money selling over MSRP off the lot later, you should probably look elsewhere for MSRP or below. They have a right to survive and make money as best they can. At least they are honest and up front about it.

There are dealers that are being weasley or dishonest about it, trying to have it both ways. Some are just going to ignore their early deals if things get crazy, and these are the ones to be really down on.

What I want to know is why do we need salesman if every question we ask has to be answered by a manager, shouldn't we just have managers and get rid of salesmen then?

camaro5 11-07-2008 11:01 PM

Buy online and have it courtesy delivered, or pick it up and drive home.

Check for online Chevty dealers. Corvette Forum has some.

sykb47l 11-08-2008 09:18 AM

Sounds like what I went through. I called 8 out of the 15 dealers in my area. 6 weren't taking orders just deposits and waiting list. One tried to sale me a corvette instead. Only two actually knew what they were talking about.

Go to Chevy and search for a dealer in your area. Print out the list and start at the top.....After 8 I finally I found a great dealer that gave me a receipt and my order number.

trm0002 11-08-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFPC_2010 (Post 184788)

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 184790)

HOLD ON. Classic Chevy in Grapevine, TX? I think not. They're even working with Camaro Scotty. No one, to the best of my knowledge, had paid over MSRP there. ** Note that last I knew, they have oversold their initial allocation of 67. I can direct you to a dealership in Buffalo,NY that I guarantee won't sell to you at more than MSRP. They're only halfway through their allocation of 63 last time I checked.

City Chevrolet 11-08-2008 11:16 AM

Guys.. we are not stupid! Ok, well I hope I am not, misinformed or not as informed about things as I should be? ABSOLUTLY!!!

See this thread I made:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9448

Guys, I would deliver it to you for free within 300 miles and not ask for $2,000,000 over MSRP.. try nothing.

Our problem is is that on our order sheet on the GM website does not give us the information you guys have..... Look below as I go through the motions of ordering.. Notice no price? Look at the options.. this is copied. What am I to do when the consumer has more information than I do? Obviously you don't see the button and links only the wording, but you can get the idea I think.. lacking, no?

HERE:

-------------------------------------------

Select Model Information * indicates a required field

Model Year*: Division*: Allocation Group*:
2007 2008 2009 2010 Select Division Chevrolet Retail Car Chevrolet Retail Truck Select Allocation GroupCAM

Model*: Order Type*:
Select Model1EE37 - Camaro: 1LS Coupe1EF37 - Camaro: 1LT Coupe1EH37 - Camaro: 2LT Coupe1ES37 - Camaro: 1SS Coupe1ET37 - Camaro: 2SS Coupe Select Order TypeTDM-Dealer Demo StockTRE-Retail Stock

DAN: Priority*:
Charge-to: xxxxxx BFC: xxxxx

Stock No: Quantity*: Ship-to*:

1 BFC:xxxxx

→ Verify BAC

Enter Customer Information

Name*: Phone*:

Address*:

City*: State*: Zip*:

Select State AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA PR RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VI VT WA WI WV WY
Province/Territory Postal Code

Select Province AB BC MB NB NL NS NT NU ON PE QC SK YT
Country Postal/Zip Code

Select Country AD AE AG AN AO AR AS AT AU AW AZ BB BE BG BH BM BR BS BW CA CG CH CI CL CM CN CO CR CV CY CZ DE DK DO DZ EC EE EG ER ES ET FI FM FR GA GB GE GF GH GN GP GR GT GU GW GY HK HN HT HU ID IE IL IN IQ IR IS IT JM JO JP KE KR KW KY KZ LB LC LR LT LU LV LY MA MD MG MP MT MU MX NA NC NG NI NL NO NZ OM PA PE PF PH PL PR PT PY QA RE RO RU SA SE SG SI SK SN SR SV SY TC TH TN TR TT TW US UY VE VG VU YE ZA

NAIPC Order Detail

Special Price Allowance: Purchase Order:

Financial Coverage Code*:

Tag:

Select Preferred Equipment Group*

[1 of 1] Preferred Equipment Groups

Display MSRP GMS Invoice Supplier Prices
2SS

Trim Level
Base Model
PEG
PEG Discount
Net PEG Price
Total Price
Destination Charge

TOTAL PRICE w/DFC †

W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A

W/A

Trim Level
Base Model
PEG
PEG Discount
Net PEG Price
Total Price
Destination Charge

TOTAL PRICE w/DFC †

W/A

Trim Level
Base Model
PEG
PEG Discount
Net PEG Price
Total Price
Destination Charge

TOTAL PRICE w/DFC †

W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A

W/A

Trim Level
Base Model
PEG
PEG Discount
Net PEG Price
Total Price
Destination Charge

TOTAL PRICE w/DFC †

W/A

Options in PEG

Legend: P included in PEG + Included in PEG but Upgradeable ? Information Currently Unavailable

Standard Equipment
?

Standard Equipment

Standard Equipment list not available at this time

------

Standard equip not available, price W/A (not available) can I order one? yeah, I am sure I can, but I am lacking information from GM, that makes me ignorant, not stupid, right?

Primus 11-08-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Chevrolet (Post 185249)
Guys.. we are not stupid! Ok, well I hope I am not, misinformed or not as informed about things as I should be? ABSOLUTLY!!!

Standard equip not available, price W/A (not available) can I order one? yeah, I am sure I can, but I am lacking information from GM, that makes me ignorant, not stupid, right?

Did you go to GMLaunches.com? It tells you that if you want to place a sold order now then you need to place a quick order via order workbench. It also says that you can wait until regular order availability and place your order then and it will include specific pricing.

Primus 11-08-2008 11:24 AM

I will repost what I posted in the other thread.

While I commend you for coming here to try to get information what saddens me is that I had more information then the dealers on October 13th. I mean, how does a dealer not stay on top of these things? They have the same resources as I, and also the resources of GM. How is it that my dealer didn't know they were taking orders the next day when I called on October 12th? Shouldn't they be following it the same as I?

Do dealers have to be "given" information for them to be learned? No. They could take a small bit of initiative and use the same sources as we do, and couple that with their sources in GM to be more informed then the customer. It really isn't a difficult concept. If I were a sales manager I would demand this of my employees.

Seriously, how much down-time does a salesman have at a dealership these days? What are they doing in their down-time at the dealership? This time should be spent staying current on the product in which they sell.

I'm sorry if I am coming off as harsh, but in my line of work if I used most current salespersons methodology I would be fired within a day.

City Chevrolet 11-08-2008 11:40 AM

see reply to reply on other thread.

I am here and obviously I am interested, hopefully you will understand that we work for GM and expect to have more information given to us and also understand that in my dealership we have only a few computers available for research.. where is the information? Salespeople are not supposed to have the dealer BAC codes to get into chevylaunch.com... how can the average salesperson get up to date? I understand your thoughts, but at the same time why would we search for something we do not even know is there to be searched!? I am taken back by this site and as I stated, I feel ignorant but I am by far not stupid.

GM should be informing us, not an enthusiasts site and not many of us even imagine that this is available out here on the web. Again, this site should not be ahead of a salespersons learning and GM should be taking steps to make sure perephenilia is available to salespeople.

Again, maybe I am not getting what I am trying to say out there correctly..

shane@davesmith 11-08-2008 12:56 PM

Salespeople are supposed to have their BAC code. That is the dealerships ident number. Whomever told you that salespeople are not supposed to have it should call GM and see what their answer to it is.

Primus 11-08-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane@davesmith (Post 185308)
Salespeople are supposed to have their BAC code. That is the dealerships ident number. Whomever told you that salespeople are not supposed to have it should call GM and see what their answer to it is.

Not only that, but this information is freely available from Chevrolet on the internet.

teamlynn1 11-08-2008 04:05 PM

from one dealer to another

Ok sir if you go to the quick order section through order workbench you can order the Camaros for your customers. Do you know your initial allocation? If not I can tel you where to find that info as well. The pricing information posted in this site under "camaro prices" is spot on and has been posted by someone withing GM or a dealer themselves. I hope this helps and good luck to you its been a rough year for us all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Chevrolet (Post 185249)

See this thread I made:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9448

Guys, I would deliver it to you for free within 300 miles and not ask for $2,000,000 over MSRP.. try nothing.

Our problem is is that on our order sheet on the GM website does not give us the information you guys have..... Look below as I go through the motions of ordering.. Notice no price? Look at the options.. this is copied. What am I to do when the consumer has more information than I do? Obviously you don't see the button and links only the wording, but you can get the idea I think.. lacking, no?

HERE:

-------------------------------------------

Select Model Information * indicates a required field

Model Year*: Division*: Allocation Group*:
2007 2008 2009 2010 Select Division Chevrolet Retail Car Chevrolet Retail Truck Select Allocation GroupCAM

Model*: Order Type*:
Select Model1EE37 - Camaro: 1LS Coupe1EF37 - Camaro: 1LT Coupe1EH37 - Camaro: 2LT Coupe1ES37 - Camaro: 1SS Coupe1ET37 - Camaro: 2SS Coupe Select Order TypeTDM-Dealer Demo StockTRE-Retail Stock

DAN: Priority*:
Charge-to: xxxxxx BFC: xxxxx

Stock No: Quantity*: Ship-to*:

1 BFC:xxxxx

→ Verify BAC

Enter Customer Information

Name*: Phone*:

Address*:

City*: State*: Zip*:

Select State AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA PR RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VI VT WA WI WV WY
Province/Territory Postal Code

Select Province AB BC MB NB NL NS NT NU ON PE QC SK YT
Country Postal/Zip Code

Select Country AD AE AG AN AO AR AS AT AU AW AZ BB BE BG BH BM BR BS BW CA CG CH CI CL CM CN CO CR CV CY CZ DE DK DO DZ EC EE EG ER ES ET FI FM FR GA GB GE GF GH GN GP GR GT GU GW GY HK HN HT HU ID IE IL IN IQ IR IS IT JM JO JP KE KR KW KY KZ LB LC LR LT LU LV LY MA MD MG MP MT MU MX NA NC NG NI NL NO NZ OM PA PE PF PH PL PR PT PY QA RE RO RU SA SE SG SI SK SN SR SV SY TC TH TN TR TT TW US UY VE VG VU YE ZA

NAIPC Order Detail

Special Price Allowance: Purchase Order:

Financial Coverage Code*:

Tag:

Select Preferred Equipment Group*

[1 of 1] Preferred Equipment Groups

Display MSRP GMS Invoice Supplier Prices
2SS

Trim Level
Base Model
PEG
PEG Discount
Net PEG Price
Total Price
Destination Charge

TOTAL PRICE w/DFC †

W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A

W/A

Trim Level
Base Model
PEG
PEG Discount
Net PEG Price
Total Price
Destination Charge

TOTAL PRICE w/DFC †

W/A

Trim Level
Base Model
PEG
PEG Discount
Net PEG Price
Total Price
Destination Charge

TOTAL PRICE w/DFC †

W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A
W/A

W/A

Trim Level
Base Model
PEG
PEG Discount
Net PEG Price
Total Price
Destination Charge

TOTAL PRICE w/DFC †

W/A

Options in PEG

Legend: P included in PEG + Included in PEG but Upgradeable ? Information Currently Unavailable

Standard Equipment
?

Standard Equipment

Standard Equipment list not available at this time

------

teamlynn1 11-08-2008 04:16 PM

dealer to dealer

You obviously want to be able to help your customers and thats great. Your GM or whomever orders your new cars should be able to give you all of this information. It has been handed down from Chevrolet to us and yes we have had to dig the majority of it out ourselves to confirm our customers and our own suspicions. Who is your GM dealer rep? Your Zone Manager? Tell me where your located and I can find all of this out for you if your bosses wont tell you but to me if they wont answer these basic questions to you personally perhaps you should consider another opportunity elsewhere because they are holding you down as well as making your job more difficult than it already is. Turnover is rampant in our industry and our Zone Manager has other dealers managers contact me regularly to assist them with learning the ordering process, allocation, consensus review and submission etc. I have been with my same organazation 17 years and truly believe if all the Chevy dealers in my area do well it is better for us all. There is no dog eat dog system that really works n my opinion, there is enough food for all of us at the table who do right by there customers! Contact me anytime if I can be of assistance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Chevrolet (Post 185262)
see reply to reply on other thread.

I am here and obviously I am interested, hopefully you will understand that we work for GM and expect to have more information given to us and also understand that in my dealership we have only a few computers available for research.. where is the information? Salespeople are not supposed to have the dealer BAC codes to get into chevylaunch.com... how can the average salesperson get up to date? I understand your thoughts, but at the same time why would we search for something we do not even know is there to be searched!? I am taken back by this site and as I stated, I feel ignorant but I am by far not stupid.

GM should be informing us, not an enthusiasts site and not many of us even imagine that this is available out here on the web. Again, this site should not be ahead of a salespersons learning and GM should be taking steps to make sure perephenilia is available to salespeople.

Again, maybe I am not getting what I am trying to say out there correctly..

Rodrunner 11-09-2008 06:50 PM

It just doesn't make sense to me. Why would GM "leak" the info to Camaro5, but make the dealers dig so hard for it?

:blackvertshift: 2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08

jimbo57 11-09-2008 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=Rodrunner;186213]It just doesn't make sense to me. Why would GM "leak" the info to Camaro5, but make the dealers dig so hard for it?

you make a valid point. or are we just rabid.

Inspector 17 11-09-2008 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=jimbo57;186227]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodrunner (Post 186213)
It just doesn't make sense to me. Why would GM "leak" the info to Camaro5, but make the dealers dig so hard for it?

you make a valid point. or are we just rabid.

Perhaps GM knows that this site is full of Camaro enthusiasts. And in an effort to keep us informed, excited and ordering they provided the information we had been asking for fomr some time. By getting Camaros out there and in our hands (as well as the information) we will actually do a lot of free advertising for them. Just perhaps.

UCF w00t 11-09-2008 07:10 PM

I doubt it's GM that's officially doing it. More like some mid-lower level GM employee who doesn't mind risking their job and just wants the info out there.

Bobby or other dealers, has the full pricing for options, etc been released to dealers? The dealer I was talking to today said he hasn't seen anything official from GM other than the base MSRP listed on www.chevrolet.com/camaro. Is there somewhere I can tell him to look? He knows about camaro5 but doesn't really want to trust the price sheet listed until it comes from GM.

NUCAR 11-09-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 186232)
I doubt it's GM that's officially doing it. More like some mid-lower level GM employee who doesn't mind risking their job and just wants the info out there.

Bobby or other dealers, has the full pricing for options, etc been released to dealers? The dealer I was talking to today said he hasn't seen anything official from GM other than the base MSRP listed on www.chevrolet.com/camaro. Is there somewhere I can tell him to look? He knows about camaro5 but doesn't really want to trust the price sheet listed until it comes from GM.

It's all there. Most dealers are not paying attention but then most are not enthusiasts. Dealer World and Chevylaunch have it all but this forum is a great resource as well!! Im finding some customers who are hitting dealers who have no idea but are probably wanting to avoid advance orders so they can order stock vehicles that will command an early premium.....or maybe they just have no clue.:yikes:

The_Blur 11-09-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamlynn1 (Post 185448)
You obviously want to be able to help your customers and thats great. Your GM or whomever orders your new cars should be able to give you all of this information. It has been handed down from Chevrolet to us and yes we have had to dig the majority of it out ourselves to confirm our customers and our own suspicions. Who is your GM dealer rep? Your Zone Manager? Tell me where your located and I can find all of this out for you if your bosses wont tell you but to me if they wont answer these basic questions to you personally perhaps you should consider another opportunity elsewhere because they are holding you down as well as making your job more difficult than it already is. Turnover is rampant in our industry and our Zone Manager has other dealers managers contact me regularly to assist them with learning the ordering process, allocation, consensus review and submission etc. I have been with my same organazation 17 years and truly believe if all the Chevy dealers in my area do well it is better for us all. There is no dog eat dog system that really works n my opinion, there is enough food for all of us at the table who do right by there customers! Contact me anytime if I can be of assistance.

Do you guys on the site see this? This is a dealer responding to another dealer's questions on this site. :sm1: This is proof that not all dealers are idiots. Additionally, this is proof that some dealers do care about their customers enough to seek out more information than they are required to have about their products. I just wanted to point this out because there are plenty of friendly salespeople out there that make their commissions by doing the right thing and helping people rather than snubbing customers and demanding that you pay as much as possible.

NUCAR 11-09-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 186261)
Do you guys on the site see this? This is a dealer responding to another dealer's questions on this site. :sm1: This is proof that not all dealers are idiots. Additionally, this is proof that some dealers do care about their customers enough to seek out more information than they are required to have about their products. I just wanted to point this out because there are plenty of friendly salespeople out there that make their commissions by doing the right thing and helping people rather than snubbing customers and demanding that you pay as much as possible.

Everybody makes a hiring mistake sometimes!:bonk: But seriously, if you are going do spend time doing something...why not try to do it well.

Inspector 17 11-09-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 186261)

Completely agree. Let's not scare dealers away by being a-holes when they ask questions. The more dealers know the better.

The_Blur 11-09-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUCAR (Post 186273)
Everybody makes a hiring mistake sometimes!:bonk: But seriously, if you are going do spend time doing something...why not try to do it well.

I can tell you from experience that priorities of a place of business may not match the priorities of an employee. For example, I used to work at The Home Depot as a cashier. I did not ask to renew my temporary status because they put me on probation because I failed to add one check because it was stuck to the check in front of it. My drawer was correct, so it is customary in the retail industry to warn me of my small mistake because it did not cost the company anything. Instead, management filled out a bunch of paperwork to put me on probation. Meanwhile, customers were lining up at registers while they informed me of this decision because they were short a cashier with me gone.

Basically, it isn't always the employee's fault that the company, franchise, or local management has misguided goals. Customers should come first, but sometimes placing the customer first is impossible when management would rather bring in extra money or arbitrarily cause problems for associates.

Then, there is always the possibility that the employee is the problem. I know that my academic performance has varied when I was required to take a class with which I've had no interest in taking when compared to classes in my major or classes I've taken out of interest. If an employee is disinterested or more focused on the money than the job of making people happy.

In any case, there are a few places to direct the blame when salespeople are terrible at doing their jobs. It could be the company, the management, or the salesperson.

lakestar 11-09-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 186232)

This is not totally true, at Indy, The Camaro team leaders were clearly providing info for us that they did not intend to get out in general at that time. We were asked not to record the presentation. We were told it was for us alone. We greatly appreciated the info and hope we did not violate their trust. So we should not fault salesmen who don't know as much as we do. However, I do believe they should know the basics.