Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Torq's latest Whipple Supercharger build, big power inside! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124705)

1bacamaro 01-21-2011 07:58 PM

not sure paul if you are talking about my car with the maggie are not. My car with a maggie and pauls cam did 610wrhp on his dyno. going back here real soon to see what it will do with the meth. paul by far is the best tuner i have even seen. my car was on his dyno all day. the work he puts into his tunes is just crazy. wont let anyone else touch my car!

M6HuggerSS 01-21-2011 11:42 PM

great results! thanks for sharing...

does the whipple have a rear belt?
if so, do they offer a cog set-up like the maggie?

Meister@Torq 01-22-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M6HuggerSS (Post 2755696)
great results! thanks for sharing...

does the whipple have a rear belt?
if so, do they offer a cog set-up like the maggie?

No the 2010 Camaro Whipple Supercharger uses an internal gear drive at the back of the blower. If you want to change boost they have an assortment of pulleys for the front and they offer an 8 and are coming out with a 10 rib setup. You can also put on an over driven crank pulley as well as a fully adjustable tensioner system

jsharp 01-22-2011 11:40 AM

Awesome! Torq was my second choice before deciding to go back to livernois but between build differences and shipping I could not make it happen. These guys are very informative and offer a lot of support. Great customer service and another great build!

Bad Dad 01-22-2011 07:21 PM

My whipple

My 2010 2 SS RS M6 WHIPPLE POWERED WILL BE HEADED FOR TORQ AS SOON AS I FINISH MY DRIVETRAIN WORK AND I GET THE INFO FROM ERIC ON THE BLOWER CAM KIT WICH 1bacamaro is running.:chevy:

Erik@Torq 01-22-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharp (Post 2756686)
Awesome! Torq was my second choice before deciding to go back to livernois but between build differences and shipping I could not make it happen. These guys are very informative and offer a lot of support. Great customer service and another great build!

Thanks for the nice comments, let us know if there is ever anything we can do! Livernois is a super high quality shop as well so you can't go wrong there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad (Post 2757974)
My 2010 2 SS RS M6 WHIPPLE POWERED WILL BE HEADED FOR TORQ AS SOON AS I FINISH MY DRIVETRAIN WORK AND I GET THE INFO FROM ERIC ON THE BLOWER CAM KIT WICH 1bacamaro is running.:chevy:

Can't wait to see it Mike! The info is in your inbox as we speak :thumbup:

Bad Dad 01-22-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik@Torq (Post 2758001)
Thanks for the nice comments, let us know if there is ever anything we can do! Livernois is a super high quality shop as well so you can't go wrong there.

Can't wait to see it Mike! The info is in your inbox as we speak :thumbup:

Thanks ERIC i will check it out. I ordered the Pfadt solid subfame bushings from your site this evening.

Erik@Torq 01-22-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad (Post 2758073)
Thanks ERIC i will check it out. I ordered the Pfadt solid subfame bushings from your site this evening.

Awesome! Send me an email if you have any questions about it. I sent a confirmation for your order as well, thank you so much!

/Erik

radz28 01-22-2011 08:19 PM

Thanks for the comments. I've wondered about the IATs on the Prochargers because of the inlet location. I imagine, at speed, it wouldn't make much of a difference, but that's still something to consider.

1bacamaro 01-22-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad (Post 2757974)

so when are we going to start working on your car?:thumbup:

Bad Dad 01-22-2011 09:29 PM

ELINOR MEET ROXANN

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bacamaro (Post 2758243)
so when are we going to start working on your car?:thumbup:

NEXT WEEKEND IS THE CAR SHOW AT THE GOLDEN GATE COMMUNITY CENTER I WANT TO TAKE HER THERE THEN ITS TIME TO PULL THE DRIVETRAIN APART. INSTALL ZR1 CLUTCH, PFADT SUBFRAME SOLID BUSHINGS, DRIVESHAFT SHOP 9" TRUTRACK WITH 3:70 GEARS AND 1400HP AXELS, PFADT TRAILERING ARMS. WE GET THAT IN AND WORKING GOOD THEN WE WILL DO THE CAM THEN HAUL IT TO TORQ.
:thumbup:

DarricSS 01-23-2011 12:04 AM

Those that are in the know choose Whipple :thumbsup:

1bacamaro 01-23-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad (Post 2758419)
NEXT WEEKEND IS THE CAR SHOW AT THE GOLDEN GATE COMMUNITY CENTER I WANT TO TAKE HER THERE THEN ITS TIME TO PULL THE DRIVETRAIN APART. INSTALL ZR1 CLUTCH, PFADT SUBFRAME SOLID BUSHINGS, DRIVESHAFT SHOP 9" TRUTRACK WITH 3:70 GEARS AND 1400HP AXELS, PFADT TRAILERING ARMS. WE GET THAT IN AND WORKING GOOD THEN WE WILL DO THE CAM THEN HAUL IT TO TORQ.
:thumbup:

just just call me when you start i will be there.:headbang:

Bad Dad 01-23-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bacamaro (Post 2759297)
just just call me when you start i will be there.:headbang:

IM RESEARCHING A GOOD HB PULLER AND INSTALLER FOR THE BALANCER TO ADD TO THE TOOL COLLECTION ME THINKS WE WILL BE DOING MORE ENGINE BUILDS

427:respekt: