Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   rear seats.... how to remove? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105507)

Sean@Phastek 09-12-2010 11:04 AM

rear seats.... how to remove?

Don't have my car with me right now... does anyone know how to remove the bottom rear seat? I'm getting horrible indentions in the fold-down rear seat when I lay it down for more trunk room, from the rear seat belt buckles. GM... :facepalm:

Brownhornitt 09-12-2010 11:13 AM

In my late model Firebirds, I could put the buckles under the rear seats. Can you do that with the new Camaros?

firefighter1 09-12-2010 11:25 AM

Just pull up from the front and it will come un-unclasped, then pull the seat up and it will come off the hooks on the back. I think it's only got 4 clips, BUT, let me tell you it's VERY loud in the car with out the seat! Long story, but, that's why I had it out for a week!

Jess

mlee 09-12-2010 11:30 AM

What he said... pretty much just snaps in... Not sure what the fold down would rest on w/o the seat in place.

Maybe you could remove the buckles or just tuck them under the seat.

daphatgrant 09-12-2010 11:54 AM

These cars have back seats :iono:

j/k ;)

mlee 09-12-2010 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daphatgrant (Post 2322620)
These cars have back seats :iono:

j/k ;)

Sean obviously doesn't need it... sounds like he needs one of these...

Sean@Phastek 09-12-2010 08:36 PM

I don't know if I could pass on that killer wood-grain setup mlee..... lol!

I pulled the rear seat bottom out.... and when you lay down the rear seat now, it gets almost completely flat, and still rests on the front leg support - not bad!

Only problem now is the seat belt buckles hit the seat-back worse now - the buckles have two little prongs that won't let them "lay forward" and not ruin the seat-back. I guess they could be unbolted, but I think I'm just going to leave the back seat in and up - i might have found another solution for this little project (not telling yet!!!)

And yes, it is KILLER loud like that. I have the straight pipes on my car too, so its extra extra loud for me.

mlee 09-13-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean@Phastek (Post 2323864)
I might have found another solution for this little project (not telling yet!!!)

Kinda figured you were up to something with this question...:emoticon3:

HBMike 09-22-2010 01:54 PM

It's 5 bolts to remove the back seats.

pull the back seat down and look on the far left side. push the padding down a bit to get to the bolt. I used a 15mm socket to break it loose then just my fingers.

Then lift the whole seat, bottom and top fold down up. Again look to the far left you will see another bolt looking the same as the top, remove it in the same fashion. Repeat on the other side.

Then in the very middle there is 19mm bolt to remove the entire seat belt / seat assembly. Remove it.

The seat then just picks right up off the center bolt.

You can hear the gas tank sloshing with the seats out, pretty weird.

I did this when I had my seats done is green/black leather.

JeffyS94 05-17-2013 11:52 PM

Does the bolt in the middle stick up after the nut is removed? I would not like that staying up all the time, but I don't want to shave it off just in case I wanna revert back to stock..