Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Did you order your 1LE or buy from dealer stock? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294585)

OptimusPlez 05-10-2013 12:03 AM

Did you order your 1LE or buy from dealer stock?

I have been wondering whether more 1LE owners ordered the 1LE or bought it off the dealer showroom/lot. Over the past 7 months I was looking in the Seattle area and only one ever was available to purchase from the showroom in that time period and I bought it 4 weeks ago. It also seems the 1LE is more limited than the ZL1 which I find in stock at most Chevy dealers here.

SUKXOST 05-10-2013 12:03 AM

Ordered.....add a poll yo

DRKnight1SS 05-10-2013 12:08 AM

Judging from how many I see on the streets of San Diego there aren't as many 1LE's as there are ZL1's. I've only seen 1-2 1LE on the road since I bought my 1SS last year.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Note 2.

OptimusPlez 05-10-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 6525924)
Ordered.....add a poll yo

Done:thanks:

Tara Martin 05-10-2013 12:17 AM

I ordered mine back in August and ended up with second week of 1LE production (10/22 TPW.). So far, mine seems to be the only one in town... So far.

Tara:wub:

SUKXOST 05-10-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPlez (Post 6525938)
Done:thanks:

:thumb:

Ajdin@A2BMotorsport 05-10-2013 12:55 AM

Ordered mine, we couldn't find any dealer stock. Wouldnt matter because I got the car the same day we got more snow...

2012-1822 05-10-2013 01:56 AM

Don't mean to intrude, but this is a really good question, think I'm going to wait a couple of days and ask the same question of ZL1's on that forum.

I don't really know the in's of the car business, but how many 1LE's is a dealer going to order without a buyer lined up. Personally, if I was shopping for a SS and didn't know about the 1LE and walked into a dealership and saw a 1LE I would suddenly be very interested in that car. Quite in fact honestly I love to have one sitting next to my ZL1, seriously, swap out every other day, but I'm too poor for that kind of nonsense

kansjfr 05-10-2013 02:11 AM

I sold my Roush Mustang, and wanted a Camaro, was going to buy a 2SS, but ran on to the 1LE at a dealer in Springfield, MO, and started looking at pricing and availability while completing the deal on selling my Roush. When I started looking, there were plenty available, and I could get them at dealer invoice everywhere. Then two weeks later, when the deal on the Roush finally went down, they were all sold, or the dealers that had them raised their prices. I know, supply and demand. I went to my local dealer and he didn't have any 1LEs, but offered to dealer trade with a dealer in El Reno OK a Zl1 for one of the 3 1LEs they had, but they refused to trade, saying they had too much local retail interest to give one up. Two days later they called and went ahead and made the deal with my local dealer, which I got at invoice, less the 1k rebate, and the 1k private offer I got off this forum, less my GM card earnings of $1130, and I got the car right away equipped just like I wanted, except I got stuck with that stupid embroidered console lid for $240. Overall, I'm very happy to have found the color (Victory Red--2nd choice after white) I could live with, the options I wanted, and immediate delivery.

1LE-pilot 05-10-2013 05:40 AM

I've been keeping an I out for a 1LE at a dealer for a couple months, the closest one available was a two hour drive. Three Mondays ago, my dealer called and offered to upgrade me from my 2010 1SS to a 2013 2SS at the same monthly payments. I did too much to my 2010 this spring that I would lose more than I would gain. That night I was cruising my businesses and my dealer had just received a Victory Red 1LE, still with the plastic on it. I called the next day to see if it was ordered or available. I showed up Tuesday afternoon and traded the 2010 for this awesome machine. It's not the same monthly payment, but worth the $50 more per month and a lower interest rate.

Southern Comfort 05-10-2013 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Off the lot, but had been tracking it to the dealer. Dealer had it less than 24 hours. Seemed like it was March before they hit the lots around here (ATL is a big metro area)

Saw five others in one day including three VR that Chevy uses for hot laps.

toehead93 05-10-2013 06:58 AM

I will be ordering mine soon. Possibly tomorrow. I have not seen a single on here in south Florida and just a couple of ZL1s. No 1LEs on any lots that I have seen.

Nick S 05-10-2013 07:10 AM

Well I drove from Madison WI over to Woodhaven MI to get my VR 1LE because there was only one 1LE I could find listed at any dealers in WI and it was a black one. I didn't want black. I wanted a VR one and Becky at Rodger's Chevrolet had almost one of every color available in 1LE's. And for me the VR 1LE she had was EXACTLY the way I would have built my 1LE if I would have ordered it myself. So I made the drive to buy from dealer stock but it felt like she ordered it just for me anyhow!!

PYROLYSIS 05-10-2013 07:45 AM

Ordered a 2014 1LE. Haven't seen any 1LE's on the road or in person yet.

Eric59 05-10-2013 07:46 AM

I got mine through Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet also and it was the the exact way I wanted it built. Summit white 1SS with a backup camera plus the dual mode exhaust. So buying from the dealership worked out perfect for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Irishblackcoffee 05-10-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012-1822 (Post 6526072)
Don't mean to intrude, but this is a really good question, think I'm going to wait a couple of days and ask the same question of ZL1's on that forum.

I don't really know the in's of the car business, but how many 1LE's is a dealer going to order without a buyer lined up. Personally, if I was shopping for a SS and didn't know about the 1LE and walked into a dealership and saw a 1LE I would suddenly be very interested in that car. Quite in fact honestly I love to have one sitting next to my ZL1, seriously, swap out every other day, but I'm too poor for that kind of nonsense

I oredered mine back in Dec. finally went to TPW 2/4 and was born on 2/6. Mine is the only on I have seen in my area. When I went to order mine I had to tell the sales person what a 1LE was. SMH. They didnt know what I was talking about till I showed them the build sheet I did online and brought to them. After we ordered it they asked me if I wanted to become a sales person. :faint:

Nick S 05-10-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric59 (Post 6526483)
I got mine through Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet also and it was the the exact way I wanted it built. Summit white 1SS with a backup camera plus the dual mode exhaust. So buying from the dealership worked out perfect for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Becky definitly knows how to order Camaros!!

gajagfan 05-10-2013 08:09 AM

I ordered mine, am part of the 4/15 TPW week, and still do not have my car, and doubt it ships for a week or so. I turned down cars with the NPP because I did not want it, and almost wish I had got one, and killed the system. In a nutshell, I ordered, but now wish I had not!

JJKJ 05-10-2013 10:23 AM

Kinda sorta both. I found my 1LE listed in my dealer's inventory online, but when I called about it they hadn't actually received the car yet. I went to the dealership and made the deal. Unfortunately the car got hung up in the "quality control" hold due to tires and I ended up waiting about 6 weeks to pick up the car. I got to experience the wait of an order even though I bought from "inventory".

JambaJuiced 05-10-2013 10:53 AM

My 1LE was the only one I could find in OC...everyone had the 1SS or 2SS...barely any manual trannys...

The dealer had this in the back lot and had just got it in...as soon as I saw it I knew that was the car I wanted...driving it was merely a formality...

OptimusPlez 05-10-2013 06:30 PM

Keep the comments coming everyone. It is really interesting to hear your stories and find the various ways we have acquired our 1LEs

1Slow6.2 05-10-2013 07:13 PM

Went to one dealership they tried to shake me down and size me up.. So I left that dealership... and went to the dealership my family frequents and bought her off the showroom floor

Sent from my hip pocket.. While slapping 5th.. As your reading my plate

jcieutat 05-10-2013 07:48 PM

My dealership had to locate mine for me. There were 2 within a 300 mile radius and luckily one of them was the color I wanted (Inferno Orange). Mine was only on the lot a few weeks and had 14 miles on it. They sent the oldest man (70's) at the dealership to go and pick it up!

JimE 05-10-2013 07:53 PM

Considering most dealers don't even know what it is, it's not surprising that there aren't more available. In any case, mine was pulled from dealer stock (before they even received it).

Dstocksick 05-10-2013 08:03 PM

I live in Kansas City area and my dealer brought one from a lot in Tennessee. Had it hauled here with 16 miles on it. I was very specific on color (orange) and options so it was the only option other than ordering. I love it so far.

MPHS_AGM 05-10-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dstocksick (Post 6529283)
I live in Kansas City area and my dealer brought one from a lot in Tennessee. Had it hauled here with 16 miles on it. I was very specific on color (orange) and options so it was the only option other than ordering. I love it so far.

Happen to know the dealership? Just curious!
I test drove a fully loaded 2SS at a dealership, but didn't want the nav or sunroof. They spent a week trying to dealer trade one in for me. Almost got a black one from Texas but it already had the front plate installed. No deal! Ended up ordering the AGM and after about 8 weeks I got exactly what I wanted! Just rolled 1000 miles on this car. It is a blast!

BDBiker 05-10-2013 09:28 PM

I ordered mine on 3/25, my order was "lost in cyber-space" and thus was not in the system. I had Becky check the order progress of my order about 3 weeks ago and found out the order had not been accepted. After two weeks of too many e-mails to Chevrolet, phone calls to Chevrolet Customer Care, and PM's to William R. on this forum, my order has been accepted and I have a TPW of 6/3. Looking forward to it getting here around July!

OptimusPlez 05-10-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajagfan (Post 6526538)
I ordered mine, am part of the 4/15 TPW week, and still do not have my car, and doubt it ships for a week or so. I turned down cars with the NPP because I did not want it, and almost wish I had got one, and killed the system. In a nutshell, I ordered, but now wish I had not!

what was your reason for not wanting NPP when you ordered. For me it is one of the things that makes my 1LE turn heads.

HighMtnSS 05-10-2013 10:52 PM

I actually went to my dealer to purchase a ZL1 that was in stock.

My salesman told me about a 1LE that had just arrived and I test drove the car...that was all she wrote. Now, the 1LE is is my garage and the ZL1 is still sitting at the dealership. :happy0180:

Bauer2 05-10-2013 11:49 PM

I was actually looking for a Hot Wheels version to begin with but all they had in stock in this area was the V6 version and I wanted a V8. I decided to go to the dealership on my lunch break one day to see if we could work out some numbers and get one ordered for me.

After a little working the numbers the guy suggested I take a look at the 1LE they had on the showroom. We talked about it and looked at it and then went back to his office. He worked out some numbers and it was a much better deal than the Hot Wheels version so I left for lunch with one car and came back with another and I'm glad I did.

SWAG1LE 05-11-2013 12:23 PM

Ordered mine and am chomping at the bit! Already have several mods ordered languishing in my living room dying to be installed LOL

OptimusPlez 05-11-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWAG1LE (Post 6531262)
Ordered mine and am chomping at the bit! Already have several mods ordered languishing in my living room dying to be installed LOL

Now that is proper prior planning. What mods are you installing immediately?:w00t:

BUSHMASTER 05-11-2013 01:16 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...3&d=1364772591

Ordered 10 December 2012, delivered 11 March 2013

FINALLYSATISFIED 05-11-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012-1822 (Post 6526072)

A dealer will easily order 1-2 1LEs. I've seen that amount on many dealers. Quite a few dealers still have them on the lots.

FINALLYSATISFIED 05-11-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighMtnSS (Post 6529872)
I actually went to my dealer to purchase a ZL1 that was in stock.

My salesman told me about a 1LE that had just arrived and I test drove the car...that was all she wrote. Now, the 1LE is is my garage and the ZL1 is still sitting at the dealership. :happy0180:

My story is completely opposite. I bought a 1LE had it for a few weeks, test drive a ZL1 and realized I made a mistake. Lol. ZL1 was bought and 1LE was traded in with 488 miles on the speedo.

r5194o 05-11-2013 03:11 PM

Ordered mine

Wileycoyote 05-11-2013 05:04 PM

I was ready to buy mine and found one at a dealer in Austin. I emailed the sales dept. and they told me they still had it, but I was out of town and told them I would come down that Saturday when I got back in town. Well it wasn't 3 hours later he emailed me back and told me another sales man just sold it. Then a day later another chevy dealer in Austin got in a black 1LE and I didn't want to jinks myself again and I do not call just waited till I got back in on Saturday and went to the dealer and there it was still for sale. And it's all mine now very happy with my choice.

cornerspeed92 05-11-2013 05:10 PM

I ordered mine,the wait was agonizing,never wanted anything more in my life.Mine was born 11/12/12

Jc's1LE 05-11-2013 05:43 PM

I traded my 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe R-spec in for my 1ss 1LE i went to the dealer put my money down jan 14th car was built feb 23rd then it was bayed till the end of march worth the wait because this thing is a beast i have air raid intake BMR strut brace and f-8 fuse pull

Allgrey 05-11-2013 06:22 PM

I bought mine from dealer stock... Almost exactly as I would've ordered it. The only option it had that I probably wouldn't have ordered was the back up camera. Now that I have it... I definitely would've been missing out. As a dd, makes parking simple.