Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   From a Mustang owner. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5239)

No_Quarter 07-21-2008 11:35 AM

From a Mustang owner.

Hello Camaro5.com!

I would just like to say congratulations on the Camaro! I know its been a long wait, but I believe that patience is a virtue. I can't imagine what it was like to see the Camaro axed years ago.

I know there is plenty of animosity between Ford and Chevy, but I hope we can all agree that it isn't the brand that matters, but the history of these cars in America. These are America's cars.

Albeit, a little rivalry is nice, but lets not become divided based on the brand of car we drive. Lets unite and understand that these cars represent our history, our passion, and our future!

Long live American muscle!

Also, visit your local Mustang enthusiast site. We would love to hear about your new car over at themustangsource.com or mustangforums.com.

Thanks for hearing me out friends. Enjoy your car!

pinkcamaro10 07-21-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No_Quarter (Post 94200)
Hello Camaro5.com!

I would just like to say congratulations on the Camaro! I know its been a long wait, but I believe that patience is a virtue. I can't imagine what it was like to see the Camaro axed years ago.

I know there is plenty of animosity between Ford and Chevy, but I hope we can all agree that it isn't the brand that matters, but the history of these cars in America. These are America's cars.

Albeit, a little rivalry is nice, but lets not become divided based on the brand of car we drive. Lets unite and understand that these cars represent our history, our passion, and our future!

Also, visit your local Mustang enthusiast site. We would love to hear about your new car over at themustangsource.com or mustangforums.com.

good post!:thumbup:

RB43TD 07-21-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No_Quarter (Post 94200)
Hello Camaro5.com!

:word: :drinking:

The_Blur 07-21-2008 11:39 AM

It's so good to have discussion from members of the Mustang community who share our passion for cars in general, not just our own—welcome to the site!

No_Quarter 07-21-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 94208)
It's so good to have discussion from members of the Mustang community who share our passion for cars in general, not just our own—welcome to the site!

Thank you!

chevydude26 07-21-2008 12:43 PM

i think its a friendly rivalry that american muscle car fans have....there is no animosity...I would take a mustang over any japanese sports car

jmliptak 07-21-2008 12:46 PM

The competition makes us BOTH stronger, and the rivarly will help preserve all of these cars....

Chogan2200 07-21-2008 12:56 PM

wow....that's something you would never see on a sport compact tuner site like ClubCav.com for example. That would be like a Civic owner coming in and saying hi, just wouldn't happen. I think the rivalry should be kept at a Highschool Football leage level, keeps interests and humor up, and we unite against foreign cars....except for the 350z cause c'mon, you have to admit that's a sexy piece o' ass ride!!! But I think above all, we will stand united as Muscle Car fans.....especially when the Middle East starts making cars.

Nickdago 07-21-2008 01:01 PM

Nice!

Bentley78 07-21-2008 01:14 PM

This is just the weak enemy pleading for mursey before battle. The king has returned, all hail and bow to your master.

haha jk its us against the ricers, someone pass the teriyaki!

Rallysport 07-21-2008 01:19 PM

Hey, I agree, its all about the history of AMERICAN MUSCLE. I think the Mustang is a good looking car, and would have bought one if GM hadn't decided to bring back my favorite car! This is almost like seeing a Cardinal and Cub fan sitting next to each other discussing baseball peacefully.:thumbsup:

toesuf94 07-21-2008 01:22 PM

Be nice Bentley78 or I will out you for drooling over the Shelby you were staring at this weekend! :drool: HA! HA!

Mustang, Camaro, Challeger...it will be good to see them all together on the street again. I for one find the retro Mustang to be a beautiful car. So, after the race (legal) and we are done driving for the day, I will happily sit down with any sports car (er PONY CAR) driver and have a cold one! :drinking: Just sorry that GM left the party in 2002 and we are just now getting our ride back to join you Mustang guys on the street.

big_dog 07-21-2008 02:40 PM

i just went to the mustang source and they were talking about the Z28..and i started thinking... "man...it too bad they are getting rid of that legend called Z28 :cry: "

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=470425

boxmonkeyracing 07-21-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_dog (Post 94470)
i just went to the mustang source and they were talking about the Z28..and i started thinking... "man...it too bad they are getting rid of that legend called Z28 :cry: "

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=470425

they aren't it's just down the road. it's probably going to be the GT500 killer. Fbodfather stated it was down the road. so. . .it's not dead.