Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Where are the DRL's? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5286)

Captain Awesome 07-21-2008 06:38 PM

Where are the DRL's?

I'm looking at all the videos we see posted here and the Yellow one comes out with all the lights on so we can't see the DRL's and the Red one has no lights and no DRL's on it visible at all.

Who has more info?

Chemical 07-21-2008 07:08 PM

I would assume its the ring that makes that halo effect. If your looking for pictures theres plenty on this thread.

SSmoked 07-21-2008 07:08 PM

perhaps the halos r the drl and after a certain time the headlights and fog light click in. kinda like how the bmw's run it

Chemical 07-21-2008 07:14 PM

Actually I found a good picture for the Day time running lamps. At the top of this page.
http://jalopnik.com/5027353/jalopnik...veil-live+blog

Captain Awesome 07-21-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemical (Post 95244)
Actually I found a good picture for the Day time running lamps. At the top of this page.
http://jalopnik.com/5027353/jalopnik...veil-live+blog

Thanks. I hope they work like you guys say! That would be cool!

EllwynX 07-21-2008 07:28 PM

Well, the parking lamps (blinkers) are on in that picture also. So we can't be sure the halo's are going to be the DRL's.

If indeed the halo's ARE the DRL's, they will be the first ones I didn't want to disable.

Captain Awesome 07-21-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 95271)
Well, the parking lamps (blinkers) are on in that picture also. So we can't be sure the halo's are going to be the DRL's.

If indeed the halo's ARE the DRL's, they will be the first ones I didn't want to disable.

I hope they are too because they DO look cool.

Beyond Limits 07-21-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 95157)
I'm looking at all the videos we see posted here and the Yellow one comes out with all the lights on so we can't see the DRL's and the Red one has no lights and no DRL's on it visible at all.

Who has more info?

I know BMW's and Audi's use the halo's as DRL's. It would make sense since I don't know of any HID setup that uses the Xenon as the DRL and the other halogen in the setup would be the high beams.

fastball 07-21-2008 08:41 PM

The DRLs would have to be the amber parking/turnsignal lamps inside the grille, because if you've all been paying attention, the halos are OPTIONAL as part of the RS package with HID headlamps.

If you opt for an LS or LT without the RS package, you will get halogen headlamps and no halos.

So, that would have to make the parking lamps the DRLs.

Captain Awesome 07-21-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastball (Post 95411)
The DRLs would have to be the amber parking/turnsignal lamps inside the grille, because if you've all been paying attention, the halos are OPTIONAL as part of the RS package with HID headlamps.

If you opt for an LS or LT without the RS package, you will get halogen headlamps and no halos.

Not necessarily.

The HID lamps could have Halo DRLs and the regular lamps could have either high beams for DRL or turn signals for DRL. It would be the most logical use for them.

TheCaptain 07-21-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastball (Post 95411)

Logical sense there. I don't like DRLs on my cars anyway, unless the Halo rings are the DRLs, i'll be defeating them as well.

fastball 07-21-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 95421)
Not necessarily.

The HID lamps could have Halo DRLs and the regular lamps could have either high beams for DRL or turn signals for DRL. It would be the most logical use for them.

I think that would necessitate too many different wiring and schematic configurations to be cost effective. Don't you think making one set of parking/turnsignal/DRL lamps and harnesses for every car that comes down the line is alot more cost effective than different wiring harnesses for the same thing based on what a customer orders?

Chemical 07-21-2008 11:14 PM

It all depends on how you set it up. Some manufactures don't have halos as DRL's but MOST do. In this case I'm certain that THESE halos are DRL's. Otherwise the turn signals are DRL's just like the Cobalt and other similar vehicles.

Chemical 07-21-2008 11:17 PM

Another option is both halos and the turn signals are DRL's. I know that the BMW's all have them activated (halos) for DRL's.