Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Autos For Sale / Wanted (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ZL575 - SLP Camaro 4 Sale (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48034)

camarosss 11-11-2009 12:09 PM

I wanted to see ZL on these cars and purchase one but def not from SLP. GM should strip that name from them. And whats so bad is GM will prob realize the potential money making from this and start factory producing them like they did with the 4th gen in 1996. SLP started the SS that year with the hood, spoiler and emblem, then Chevrolet picked it up in late 97 through 2002. If SLP wants to do aftermarket things to the 5th gen that's fine but don't use a part of GM history....... hell put SLP575 on the fender and document it under their given name, they put SLP on the 4th gens!

Mr Twisty 11-11-2009 01:38 PM

If your dealership isn't on the 'idiot' list it needs to be... Gouger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drchevy1 (Post 1075502)
We have already sold a $60,000 Camaro, factory stock with all the options,......

SLP Performance 11-12-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russo (Post 1075705)
this thread should be moved here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

side note; i wonder why these don't come with SLP headers and xpipe too?

Our cars are only available through Chevrolet Dealers and are 50 state emission legal that carry a full warranty. Headers and Xpipes are not legal and we could not include them in any package. What you do after delivery is up to you.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

SLP Performance 11-12-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarosss (Post 1160393)
I wanted to see ZL on these cars and purchase one but def not from SLP. GM should strip that name from them. And whats so bad is GM will prob realize the potential money making from this and start factory producing them like they did with the 4th gen in 1996. SLP started the SS that year with the hood, spoiler and emblem, then Chevrolet picked it up in late 97 through 2002. If SLP wants to do aftermarket things to the 5th gen that's fine but don't use a part of GM history....... hell put SLP575 on the fender and document it under their given name, they put SLP on the 4th gens!

ZL is a trademark of SLP and has been for some time.

SLP is and was the tier 1 supplier that produced all 1996 through 2002 Camaro SS's. We do have an aftermarket division that does create many parts for the Camaro.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

cliffy 11-12-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLP Performance (Post 1163688)

SLP is and was the tier 1 supplier that produced all 1996 through 2002 Camaro SS's. We do have an aftermarket division that does create many parts for the Camaro.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

OK Dave, I think you need to explain what you mean as far as you produced all the Gen 4 SS's so us neophytes can get our heads around it. Did you take the cars off the line and put your parts on them, then put them back into the GM shipping cue, or did you sell them parts to be installed on the line.

I think I have a hard time coming to grips with the 40k SS's were converted at your shop, but I could be wrong, so edify us

SLP Performance 11-12-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffy (Post 1163790)
OK Dave, I think you need to explain what you mean as far as you produced all the Gen 4 SS's so us neophytes can get our heads around it. Did you take the cars off the line and put your parts on them, then put them back into the GM shipping cue, or did you sell them parts to be installed on the line.

I think I have a hard time coming to grips with the 40k SS's were converted at your shop, but I could be wrong, so edify us

SLP has produced almost 60K vehicles as a second stage manufacturer/Tier 1 Supplier to GM. We produced all 4th Gen Camaro SS's, 1992-2002 Firehawk, 1996-'97 WS6 and a plethora of other specialty vehicles for GM. As a second stage manufacturer of the SS, any Camaro that had the SS RPO code came off the end of the line at GM's St. Therese facility and was trucked a few miles down the road to our facility in LaSalle. Once on our assembly lines, the vehicles were upfitted with the specific SS content (hoods/spoiler/badging/etc..) and any secondary Y2Y optional content. Once finished at SLP, the vehicles were transported back to GM for final QC and distribution.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

Mr Smith 11-12-2009 11:03 AM

Are you saying I can order a full on ZL575 packaged car and it will still retain the GM powertrain warranty and not void it??? :popcorn:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLP Performance (Post 1163679)
Our cars are only available through Chevrolet Dealers and are 50 state emission legal that carry a full warranty. Headers and Xpipes are not legal and we could not include them in any package. What you do after delivery is up to you.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

SLP Performance 11-12-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Smith (Post 1164096)
Are you saying I can order a full on ZL575 packaged car and it will still retain the GM powertrain warranty and not void it??? :popcorn:

The ZL packages are covered by a 3yr/36K mile warrantee that is done through your selling dealer and is a very similar program to how our past vehicles were dealt with.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

Mr Smith 11-12-2009 11:31 AM

Not trying to be a PITA...Just clarifying. Is that the GM Powertrain warranty or your parts warranty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLP Performance (Post 1164198)
The ZL packages are covered by a 3yr/36K mile warrantee that is done through your selling dealer and is a very similar program to how our past vehicles were dealt with.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

SLP Performance 11-12-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Smith (Post 1164208)
Not trying to be a PITA...Just clarifying. Is that the GM Powertrain warranty or your parts warrenty?

Full coverage of what any of our modifications may affect.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

camarosss 11-12-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLP Performance (Post 1163688)

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

OK DAVE,
Tell me why GMMG built the 69 2002 ZL-1 camaros and not SLP, if SLP had the trademark of ZL from GM? And what year did GM give SLP the ZL name? I call BS.

Inferno2SSRS 11-24-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

OK DAVE,
Tell me why GMMG built the 69 2002 ZL-1 camaros and not SLP, if SLP had the trademark of ZL from GM? And what year did GM give SLP the ZL name? I call BS.
I think if you have any complaints about names you should contact GM directly. SLP was approved the name from GM, and have done a great job with this car all around. I agree with all that its pricey, but stop attacking SLP for them just running there business.

SLP Performance 11-24-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarosss (Post 1166757)
OK DAVE,

GM did not give anything to SLP, SLP was awarded the ZL trademark by the US Patent and Trademark office.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

Revo1 11-24-2009 10:06 AM

I'm a fan of SLP's 575. Maybe by the time I'm ready to finally buy my 5th gen... My fingers are crossed.