Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Ground Effects Question... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59338)

Metalman412 01-05-2010 10:31 AM

Ground Effects Question...

So I got the Ground Effects option and the dealership put them on Thursday. I have been noticing, however, that there are gaps close to the wheel wells on the front spoiler. The rest of it looks kinda strange, like parts of the ground effects are overlaping the original front piece and parts are under it. I know I need to take pictures, and I ment to this morning but forgot. I will try to get some posted tonight, but wanted to see if anyone could help. Thanks!

scythezo6 01-05-2010 10:40 AM

The front goes onto the stock bumper, so there's overlap, I think.

Metalman412 01-05-2010 10:45 AM

Yeah, its real hard to explain. Just looks strange. If it is messed up though, its the same on both sides. I will have to get some pictures up...

TeddyP25 01-05-2010 11:00 AM

Not messed up, thats just the way they fit.

scythezo6 01-05-2010 02:26 PM

Yea I see what you mean on mine too. Unless you install yourself and use lots of double-side tape and extra mounting holes or hover over the installers at the body shop it probably wont be completely-pletely flush with the stock bumper.

thiggin2 01-05-2010 05:03 PM

I have installed 4 myself and none have ever fit tight in all spots. But pics would be helpful to tell if it's just a bad install.

Sevn86 01-05-2010 05:10 PM

:needpics:

Metalman412 01-06-2010 09:36 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevn86 (Post 1351202)
:needpics:

Finally got a few of the front, I guess its called an Air Dam... As I said, just kinda looks off. Thanks for the help!

Bell040 01-06-2010 10:37 AM

mine does the same thing in the front... theres nothing you can do about that.

But the sides are way too loose. It will only get worse with time. I have had mine installed twice.

chef5330 01-06-2010 10:56 AM

GFX falls off

Your pictures do not look right. My front GFX came loose on the Turnpike doing 80 mph and draged for miles before someone went buy me and slowed down to tell me that I had a problem up front. All the rivets and metal pins were torn out from the wind resistance. I also noticed some small air gaps between the bumper and the GFX. When all was said and done, the dealer had put the GFX on wrong and did not follow the 6 page directions properly. Thats right 6 papes just for the front GFX. They apparently tried some short cuts and the car has only 1500 miles on it. So after the dealer reserched where the problem came from they replaced it under warranty. It looks much better and tighter fit this time. I think that you should take it to the dealer and have them replace it. There is no fixing the problem once installed, it has to be replaced due to the way the GFX has to installed to the front end. Good Luck:drinking:

2010 SSRS 01-06-2010 10:59 AM

The money these GFX cost's, the dealer should make sure their installed correctly even if it calls for more tape or mounting holes.

Metalman412 01-06-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 1353701)
The money these GFX cost's, the dealer should make sure their installed correctly even if it calls for more tape or mounting holes.

You would think... But my Dealer out-sourced it. The worst part is the Dealership is 70 miles away. Guess I need to call my salesman and see what he can do.:paddle:

michael's maro 01-06-2010 04:21 PM

Mine did the same thing, on the sides by the wheel wells. I removed the sides and added more 3m tape, then clamped it using a small c-clamp. Let it set up overnight, and everytime you don't drive it..Did this for about a week

thiggin2 01-06-2010 04:35 PM

Yea, the front tip is never flush and is going to have a small gap. In the picture it doesn't look like they might have installed the rivets. Normally you can tell were the rivets are because it pulls that part of the GFX tight against the fascia and gives the gap a kinda wavy appearance, but it could just be the pic. The sides should have some tape there. It look likes you might have had the older style installed that didn't have any tape on the sides. There's a bulletin about adding tape to the edges of the older design.