Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   MPVI2 for rent? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595503)

dma05 07-29-2021 12:26 AM

MPVI2 for rent?

I just got an updated tune from my tuner and unfortunately my MPVI won't read a .hpt file extension. I was looking to see if anyone around the Pasadena/Alhambra/Azusa area was willing to let me use their MPVI2 device to upload my tune.

I need this tune for my new injectors that were installed which is making the car un-driveable at the moment.

Of course I will pay to use it, I'm just having a hard time justifying $400+ for a one time use.

thanks,
Allen

dma05 07-29-2021 03:28 PM

I ended up purchasing an MPVI2 device.

thanks

silversleeper 07-30-2021 12:33 AM

I just dug out my MPVI today to do some work. If I'm not mistaken the files are also .hpt I would expect them to work on either v1 or v2 but I don't know that for a fact.
I do know when your tuner uses a newer software update version or beta new version it might fail like you describe. Thats happened to me.
I just upgraded my old MPVI software suite from 4.01 to 4.10.x today. One of the last tabs at the top is "about" or "update" or something and that will get the new suite file for you to update and load your new .hpt and flash it to your car.
I think you still need to buy hp tuners credits if you get a different hardware/software to license to your car so borrowing one would still entail buying credits for it I think.

dma05 08-03-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversleeper (Post 11047603)
I just dug out my MPVI today to do some work. If I'm not mistaken the files are also .hpt I would expect them to work on either v1 or v2 but I don't know that for a fact.
I do know when your tuner uses a newer software update version or beta new version it might fail like you describe. Thats happened to me.
I just upgraded my old MPVI software suite from 4.01 to 4.10.x today. One of the last tabs at the top is "about" or "update" or something and that will get the new suite file for you to update and load your new .hpt and flash it to your car.
I think you still need to buy hp tuners credits if you get a different hardware/software to license to your car so borrowing one would still entail buying credits for it I think.

Thanks for the info. I ended up buying the MPVI2 and getting the 2 Universal credits needed. I plan to upgrade my MPVI1 to the latest MPVI2+ very soon.

thanks again!

ChibiBlackSheep 08-03-2021 01:18 PM

If you have an old MPVI1 that hasn't had its firmware updated, you can probably make a pretty penny off of it...

Easily cover the cost of the new and then some.