Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Insurance (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492)

Jose_The_Great_Cuervo 06-17-2008 01:07 AM

I got my license suspended for excessive traffic violations in June and got my license back two weeks later.

I checked to see how much insurance would cost for a 08' Mustang GT coupe and they quoted me *drumrolls* $580 a MONTH. I got Dolly's insurance, which is cheaper than all the big insurance places.

boxmonkeyracing 06-17-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 79588)
I'm only paying $123 more on our policy...and that's w/a second car. So, I feel mine isn't that high.

Yeah...the big discount is because we do ALL of our banking through them.

I do to even my IRA. must be texas rates are lower then NC rates.

TAG UR IT 06-17-2008 11:19 AM

hmmm...I don't know. You might want to call them and see what kind of rebates they offer...then see if you qualify for any of them.

I've called them before and asked, "What other discounts do you have the I'm not currently getting? I'm interested in seeing if I can do anything to lower my rates...like a defensive driving course, etc." They are really good at customer service and I'm sure will lay it all out on the table. Then, just go from there!

Txturbo 06-17-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkdrum01 (Post 79387)
Yea, I dunno why you guys are all paying soooooo much. I just turned 25 in February. Before that I was paying $88.00 per month for my 99 z28 Vert, when i turned 25 it dropped to $76.00. I'm hoping a 5th gen isnt too much more.

It will be more....its a new car. Insurance for older cars is a lot cheaper. Replacement value for your current car is just a few thousand dollars.On a new 5th gen it will be around 40K. Big difference.

boxmonkeyracing 06-17-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 79719)
hmmm...I don't know. You might want to call them and see what kind of rebates they offer...then see if you qualify for any of them.

I've called them before and asked, "What other discounts do you have the I'm not currently getting? I'm interested in seeing if I can do anything to lower my rates...like a defensive driving course, etc." They are really good at customer service and I'm sure will lay it all out on the table. Then, just go from there!

lol. well I am only 27. . .maybe after I turn 30 it will drop again. but yea I'm calling them soon because I'm pcsing AGAIN soon.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 06-17-2008 02:01 PM

I'm hoping it will be comparable to the insurance on my '05 GTO, which is surprisingly reasonable. $90 some bucks a month. The only thing that might screw us is that the Camaro is a sports car while I think the GTO slipped under the radar as a "coupe".

If the price goes up I may have to ask why the disparity between two cars with roughly the same power and tell them I may have to shop around...

storm79 06-19-2008 12:27 AM

crap im screwed haha my insurance is high the way it is.....lets just say i got a lead foot lmao

sinnerSS 06-20-2008 11:25 AM

hey guys Im a Broker For the state of California so If you want an idea of how much insurance is, as long as u live in cali. I can find out.

Jason@JacFab 06-23-2008 01:27 AM

Man I can't believe some of the premiums that you guys are paying, especially the older guys... I've never really considered insurance a big deal as I barely pay anything as it is now.

With my 99 Ram 1500 4x4, and my 94 Z/28, both full coverage, 100/300k I only pay 673 per year. I'm only 23, but I have a clean record now. I haven't had a ticket in almost 5 years (knock on wood)...

But once upon a time I was paying ~$325 a month for liability only 25/50k on my Chevelle only. Those were hard times seeing as it was my DD, and I was 17-19 years old. Don't street race and don't burn out... Or just dont get caught like I did. Almost $1000 bucks in tickets in a 2 month period, taught me a lesson real quick: Don't do bad shit on the street (and get caught). I pretty much drive like a Grandpa now, but I'm getting almost 22mpg consistently with my Camaro (believe it or not, that's up to you). I have a feeling when I get a new Camaro my youthful driving spirit will return :bonk:

For those about to ask, the Chevelle is currently un-insured because it's down for paint, and hasn't been legally streetable for the last 2 years. Although, for a while I did have a 77 Datsun pickup I was driving around this year (before it blew up), and it was only $15/month liability only :)

theholycow 06-23-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 (Post 81661)
With my 99 Ram 1500 4x4, and my 94 Z/28, both full coverage, 100/300k I only pay 673 per year. I'm only 23, but I have a clean record now. I haven't had a ticket in almost 5 years (knock on wood)...

Damn! I'm a 28 year old married homeowner with a clean record and I can't come close to that. That's less than I'm paying for my 2002 Sierra 1500 4x4 alone.

What is your insurance company?

TAG UR IT 06-23-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 (Post 81661)
Man I can't believe some of the premiums that you guys are paying, especially the older guys... I've never really considered insurance a big deal as I barely pay anything as it is now.

:)

Just wait till you get married...the way I read that is that you are paying for YOUR two cars per year....not your wife's or girlfriends, brothers, or sisters.

If this is the case and both are yours, then yes...I believe it and would expect it. You can't drive both veh's at the same time. The more you drive, the higher the risk. Now, add a second person in the picture and I bet it go us dramatically. Very good rates, though. I wish ours were that low.:thumbsup:

michele.lee 06-23-2008 11:41 PM

Insurance? just wait

well you have to think about paying for insurance like you think about paying for gas - DON'T!!!!!

just wait - my daughter is getting her license (the real one) next week
and i'm giving her my 2000 camaro
and i get to pay HER insurance TOO

but i'll step down and drive my old blazer so she's safer

at least she has airbags in the camaro