Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 Camaro Fest (VI) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   Next Fest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419099)

olblue75 08-08-2015 09:48 PM

Next Fest

Now that 2015's fest is a memory that will live on for a long time. What's the opinion on next years fest??? I hear the West Coast is really suffering since they haven't had a close one in a few years. In my opinion there should be 2 tests a East Coast and a Fest in the West so no one is left out I do believe there's enough support and turn out to support two shows. I think the East Coast should be a little later in Sept due the heat and the West could have there's early spring to beat their heat.

Let's hear your opinion!!!!!!!

hammdo 08-08-2015 10:02 PM

I like the idea of 2, but not sure all the vendors can support 2. It takes a lot of coordination and cost can mount up for them.

With the new 6th Gen out by next years fest, 2 may be a great way for the 'first' year of the 6th Gen to announce its presence.

One in Nevada (Vegas baby!) would probably help a lot of west coasters. I heard the first fest in Valdosta GA was awesome and maybe that would be a great way to have the 6th Gen start while also giving the 5th Gen a great send off...

-Don

olblue75 08-08-2015 10:25 PM

Don't always need the same vendor at both Fests, for the vendors from the West coast they can hit out west an the samething for the East Coast vendors.

hammdo 08-08-2015 10:39 PM

Totally agree! May give the vendors more opportunity! I'm sure the turnout would be tremendous @ both...

-Don

robbiegordon 08-08-2015 11:09 PM

Dual fests would be awesome . If there's is an East coast one in 16 I'll be there. I've got till 2017 till I transfer for work . This was my first fest and I had so much fun at this one and the people were so great . I want to make it to as many as possible

Ace0751 08-08-2015 11:44 PM

A dual fest would be a great idea and it would make it easier or the vendors to on being close to home. But it may be costly to host something like that, my guess for something like that to happen is paying a small fee to have this set up which I would be more than willing to pay to have something like that happen. But you never know though.

GetYouOne 08-09-2015 01:54 AM

California is gonna be the biggest market for the west coast hopefully here or Vegas would be awesome!

PEW-PROFESSIONAL 08-09-2015 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammdo (Post 8575949)
I like the idea of 2, but not sure all the vendors can support 2. It takes a lot of coordination and cost can mount up for them.

With the new 6th Gen out by next years fest, 2 may be a great way for the 'first' year of the 6th Gen to announce its presence.

One in Nevada (Vegas baby!) would probably help a lot of west coasters. I heard the first fest in Valdosta GA was awesome and maybe that would be a great way to have the 6th Gen start while also giving the 5th Gen a great send off...

-Don

Not like there was a large support from vendors. But then again there is a lot of expense with little opportunity to make it back. But I want to thank Adams and Oracle for the great deals I received!

BaylorCamaro 08-09-2015 03:34 PM

There is so much time that goes into planning the Fest and I know several moderators personally and I can guarantee two fests won't happen.

Russell James 08-09-2015 04:04 PM

Throwing this idea out there.... Michigan!

131 Motorsports Park in Martin. First class track and facility. They do Super Chevy there and several national events.

Do the show, drags, and autocross there at 131.

And have a road course day at Gingerman Raceway. Just a short drive away.
People would love Gingerman, great little road course.

Maybe a visit to a Lansing Grand River Assembly to watch some 6 gens being built.

Time it the weekend before Woodward Dream Cruise, and some could stay for that. August is a great time to visit MI for car nuts!

nUcLeArEnVoY 08-10-2015 08:55 AM

Dual fests sounds nice in theory, but I really do think that would put too much of a strain on the moderators to plan and organize. Not to mention, what I have been hearing is that the organization for the C5Fests is starting to dwindle year after year, as well as the turnout. I was looking at the pics people posted so far of C5Fest VI and while it looked fun, it didn't look like there were a lot of cars, and especially a lack of vendors. It kind of just looked like a large club meet or something.

I want one in the Southeast again so I can finally go, rofl. There hasn't been a Southeast C5 fest since the first one in Valdosta and the market is a pretty big niche. Florida alone is a huge audience; we hosted our own sort-of-C5Fest once called the Sunshine State Camaro Rally and nearly 200 cars alone showed up for that.

Another thing is to not schedule them in a polarized season anymore (Winter/Summer). Summers involve too much rain and the heat is often unbearable, and winters... well, depending on where you at, could be wonderful (southeast or far out west) or downright dreadful. Spring and Fall are the best times to do these things.

CAP'N B 08-10-2015 09:09 AM

ANYWHERE, that can do road course, drags and autocross at the same facility!!!!

Ace0751 08-10-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY (Post 8577928)
Dual fests sounds nice in theory, but I really do think that would put too much of a strain on the moderators to plan and organize. Not to mention, what I have been hearing is that the organization for the C5Fests is starting to dwindle year after year, as well as the turnout. I was looking at the pics people posted so far of C5Fest VI and while it looked fun, it didn't look like there were a lot of cars, and especially a lack of vendors. It kind of just looked like a large club meet or something.

I want one in the Southeast again so I can finally go, rofl. There hasn't been a Southeast C5 fest since the first one in Valdosta and the market is a pretty big niche. Florida alone is a huge audience; we hosted our own sort-of-C5Fest once called the Sunshine State Camaro Rally and nearly 200 cars alone showed up for that.

Another thing is to not schedule them in a polarized season anymore (Winter/Summer). Summers involve too much rain and the heat is often unbearable, and winters... well, depending on where you at, could be wonderful (southeast or far out west) or downright dreadful. Spring and Fall are the best times to do these things.

At the track there were a ton of cars both for show and also for drag and autocross. I say there were about a 1000 if not maybe more camaros and vettes for the weekend. As for having events for spring/fall most of us northeners see snow in those seasons and would be next to impossible to drive down south or where ever for the fest, so summer is best to host these things. The idea of a east coast and west coast fest at different times would be great. Yes the vendor turnout wouldn't be huge since it would be split but it gives them the chance to go somewhere close and represent, it also makes it easier for the west coast vendors to show off there products at a west coast fest and same goes for the east coast.

The vendor turnout looked small which I won't lie, some even said they could not make it for certain reasons and some probably didn't have enough to set up a tent. Just because the vendor turnout a smaller than previous years doesn't mean much, next fest may have a huge turnout so you never know. All it comes down to is everyone who attended is to have a great time and looking at these posts it sounded like they did.

cadyshac 08-10-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY (Post 8577928)

Numbers did not seem down, on Saturday the track was packed. The crowd in the host hotel parking lot every night was larger than I remember at the other 'fests I have attended.