Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Crystal Red Tintcoat on ZL1 now available - B92 is Not (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194458)

OldJedi 01-09-2012 10:10 AM

Crystal Red Tintcoat on ZL1 now available - B92 is Not

Crystal Red Tint became available over the weekend on the Quick Order and will be on the Regular Configurator this Thurs. That is the good news!! Finally it arrived. The bad news is that it came two weeks too late if you wanted to combine the color with B92, which is what happened to me. I passed on my Dec. allocation waiting for Crystal Red to arrive. Just as my January allocation arrived, Crystal Red is put on Quick Order and it is announced that B92 is put on constraint. I can't catch a break here. So I passed up my January allocation and will give it one more month and hope that the B92 problem is resolved in the next few weeks BEFORE the Feb. allocation comes in. But on a bright note, at least the color I want is available and if B92 is still on constraint then I will order the car without it and try to work a deal to buy the part at cost over the counter at a later date.

Drake Heminger 01-09-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 4282051)
Crystal Red Tint became available over the weekend on the Quick Order and will be on the Regular Configurator this Thurs. That is the good news!! Finally it arrived. The bad news is that it came two weeks too late if you wanted to combine the color with B92, which is what happened to me. I passed on my Dec. allocation waiting for Crystal Red to arrive. Just as my January allocation arrived, Crystal Red is put on Quick Order and it is announced that B92 is put on constraint. I can't catch a break here. So I passed up my January allocation and will give it one more month and hope that the B92 problem is resolved in the next few weeks BEFORE the Feb. allocation comes in. But on a bright note, at least the color I want is available and if B92 is still on constraint then I will order the car without it and try to work a deal to buy the part at cost over the counter at a later date.

Bro i would wait... get the car u want color, options, and all... it would only be delayed a few weeks any way (: this is good news thanks for sharing (:

armysig 01-09-2012 10:20 AM

The ZL-1 isn't going any place, Let Chevy get all the kinks out of their suppliers first and make sure you're able to get the vehicle you want.

GoldenBear 01-09-2012 12:10 PM

Jedi, Great news on the availability of Crystal Red Tintcoat. I saw CRT in person on a CTS-V at the Silicon Valley Auto Show this weekend and it looked striking with a lot of depth and complexity. I hope that it will still be available on the 2013 models.

From what Scott posted regarding the exposed carbon weave hood insert not being available at the start of ZL1 production, I don't think that any of the early production 2012 ZL1s will be equipped with the B92 option, so I don't think that even if you ordered a different color with the December allocation, that that vehicle would have been delivered with the exposed carbon weave insert anyway.

phantom 01-09-2012 12:19 PM

In the same boat, my pending order has Ashten Gray Metalic because CRT wasn't available on Dec 22nd when I ordered, but I'm glad to hear the CRT is now available. Will change the web order today. Given I'm in Green Bay, probably wouldn't see the allocation come through for another month, and pray the B92 is available. Those are the two primary things I wanted with the car. However, the picture posted last week, of the 3 ZL1's on the fence at the plant has planted a seed that the black would also be an excellent choice. Currently own a Black 2SS.

hognutz 01-09-2012 12:21 PM

yeah I am waiting till next month as well. what is one month if it means getting what you want.

My wife does not want silver and I like the ashen gray so much better with exposed carbon.

I would like to see a photo of CRT on a ZL1 that is not a photoshop. this color is hit or miss with me. don't like it on CTS-V do like it on the Z06 Z07 I saw. I think I will like it on the zl1. the photoshop I saw looked awesome but it did not look real either.

OldJedi 01-09-2012 01:09 PM

GB, some people have said that if you reached status 3000 last month with the B92 option then it will be on your car, others have said that nobody is getting it yet, so I do not know which to believe. The only thing I know for sure is I cannot get it on mine yet. At least CRT made it in January like Fbodfather and a few others have said. I know it is tough waiting for your CRT Convertible but most of these teething problems should be over by then.

Hognutz, the Detroit Show started today and I am hoping that they brought a Crystal Red ZL1 to the show.

Scarrzz 01-09-2012 01:25 PM

Sorry for your troubles, guys.

I had IBM with B92. Just sayin' :iono:

Hopefully your crystal with exposed will get ironed out before too late.

(I think purple sheen might look kinda cool on Black. Save 'em & do a "limited special option." ;)

hognutz 01-09-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 4283403)
GB, some people have said that if you reached status 3000 last month with the B92 option then it will be on your car, others have said that nobody is getting it yet, so I do not know which to believe. The only thing I know for sure is I cannot get it on mine yet. At least CRT made it in January like Fbodfather and a few others have said. I know it is tough waiting for your CRT Convertible but most of these teething should be over by then.

Hognutz, the Detroit Show started today and I am hoping that they brought a Crystal Red ZL1 to the show.

yeah I would like to see some real pictures of the colors and options I have not seen yet just so I don't end up liking something else better. I think I am the worlds worst at second guessing my decisions.

2SSJIM 01-09-2012 02:34 PM

Thank you fot that info.... that's what I've been wait'n on.

Z4me 01-09-2012 04:20 PM

GM give'if and they take'if.
Kidding aside it's great to hear the crystal red is now available. Just as long as I get my Z before the summer hits. Otherwise I may hold out for
the 2013 vert and hope I get it before the camaro fest 3 in August.

Getting a bit tired of reading all the :cry: posts lately, this is going to be a
blast of a car to drive. Can't wait to go cruising with the wife :burnrubber:

mlee 01-09-2012 04:24 PM

Just as Fbod said...:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see one of these in the wild...

Jekyll-N-Hyde 01-10-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 4284892)
Just as Fbod said...:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see one of these in the wild...

Or in your garage :laugh:

How about black carbon or grey ( again )

69 Rebel 01-10-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom (Post 4282999)
In the same boat, my pending order has Ashten Gray Metalic because CRT wasn't available on Dec 22nd when I ordered, but I'm glad to hear the CRT is now available. Will change the web order today. Given I'm in Green Bay, probably wouldn't see the allocation come through for another month, and pray the B92 is available. Those are the two primary things I wanted with the car. However, the picture posted last week, of the 3 ZL1's on the fence at the plant has planted a seed that the black would also be an excellent choice. Currently own a Black 2SS.

You have a link to that picture? i'am torn between black and victory red with black stripe.