Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   V6 Muffler Delete (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107853)

2FST2LIV2YNG2DY 09-26-2010 10:53 PM

V6 Muffler Delete

Who has it done? and do u have a sound clip and pix??

CamaroDreams07 09-26-2010 11:02 PM

We have a search button, this has been discussed dozens of times. It sounds like crap.

Brownhornitt 09-26-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 2374598)
We have a search button, this has been discussed dozens of times. It sounds like crap.

Next time, I think you need to be a little more succinct. Hahaha.

CamaroDreams07 09-27-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownhornitt (Post 2374608)
Next time, I think you need to be a little more succinct. Hahaha.

Sorry, I just cringe every time I see yet ANOTHER one of these threads. Or "Which CAI/exhaust is the best?" Like our answers for person Z are going to be so much different than what we told people A through Y :paddle:

jagan323 09-27-2010 01:47 PM

lol well said... but sorry to say, im one of those people who used to start those threads! O_O

But thanks to all you guys for all of your patience, i'm much smarter now LOL. Still though, I have to say Im still stuck on which headers = best =D Wish someone could do side by side tests!

CamaroDreams07 09-27-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagan323 (Post 2376397)
lol well said... but sorry to say, im one of those people who used to start those threads! O_O

But thanks to all you guys for all of your patience, i'm much smarter now LOL. Still though, I have to say Im still stuck on which headers = best =D Wish someone could do side by side tests!

I have no doubt you'll make the right choice, you've chosen top-notch stuff so far. I think side-by-side testing for headers would be very difficult because most people who have headers also have CAI and exhaust. So it'd be impossible to track down people with the same combination of exhaust/CAI in order to isolate the gains of just the headers. It's also tough for someone like Janetty to do it because some are welded, so they can't just pop one off and add the next one that easily.

2FST2LIV2YNG2DY 09-27-2010 05:27 PM

my bad... didnt mean to offend anyone ;)

Amenti 09-27-2010 05:35 PM

It's all good, man. There are just a lot of people who've been around these forums for a long time and new people always ask the same questions, lol.

Personally, I lurked the forums for like 4 months looking up information on mods before I made my first post.

x7productions 09-30-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL (Post 2374568)

I have it done.
When I first got it done, it didn't sound that great to be honest. But then I added a K&N CAI, and I noticed the exhaust sound to be a little more refined. I have an old video up on my YouTube, but that was pre-CAI. I will have to shoot another video soon. :)

JFR1 09-30-2010 04:54 PM

Which One

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL (Post 2374568)

Search KMPrengers posts. You will find a complete library of nearly every exhaust system/option available - axel back, catback, headers - all by manufacturers and with sound clips and video. Link is http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104
Good Luck

2FST2LIV2YNG2DY 10-01-2010 12:39 AM

thanks for that link JFR1

@X7 do u have the link to your vid?

x7productions 10-01-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL (Post 2390864)
thanks for that link JFR1

@X7 do u have the link to your vid?

Shot on my shitty cell phone, so the audio is crappy MONO.
After I get my new spoiler on, I will try shoot another video.
And this is the day of, or the day after I got it done, and no CAI.
IMO, it sounds much better after I got the CAI installed.
And after its warmed up a little bit, it sounds a lot better too!
I can't complain for the price tbh, its good enough till I decide to go all the way lol and I'm sure it will probably sound better when I get headers on!

GEEo 10-01-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 2374598)

:word:

Brownhornitt 10-03-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 2375598)
Sorry, I just cringe every time I see yet ANOTHER one of these threads. Or "Which CAI/exhaust is the best?" Like our answers for person Z are going to be so much different than what we told people A through Y :paddle:

Haha. I know. It's funny every time. What CAI is the best? Which exhaust makes my V6 sound like a V8? What is a tune? What can I do to make my V6 fast? I want to be able to race the V8s...