Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   1NF3RN0's Journey (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218397)

mbonet 04-22-2012 05:52 PM

1NF3RN0's Journey

1 Attachment(s)
I've had my 2011 IOM Camaro over a year now, and I figured it was time to create my build thread. Here is a list of all the mods I've done to my 1NF3RN0!

Exterior Modifications

- Gloss black Javelin stripes
- IOM painted LED side markers
- 15% window tint
- IOM painted bowties
- Amber Illuminated LED rear bowtie
- IOM painted rear diffuser
- OEM IOM spoiler
- "1NF3RN0" personalized license plate
- IOM painted brake calipers
- OEM RS Headlights
- AAC Fog Light Halos - Amber
- AAC Headlight Light Halos - Amber
- Street Scene Splitter painted IOM
- 22" Boss 334 wheels (Chrome w/ black inserts) wrapped in Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires staggered (265/35/22 on front 295/30/22 on rear)

Interior Modifications

- Amber footwell LED lights
- Amber dome/trunk LED lights
- IOM painted console trim
- IOM painted steering wheel trim
- IOM painted speedometer bezel
- Emblempros Dash Plaque
- Custom Lloyd's Floor Mats
- Curb Alert System

Engine Bay Aesthetic Modifications

- IOM painted fuse box
- IOM painted air box filter cover w/ black painted grooves
- IOM painted engine cooling fan cover w/ black painted grooves
- Custom airbrushed flames on engine cover
- AAC LED Flood Light Pods - White
- Emblempros Engine Bay Bowtie

Performance/Handling Modifications

- Added SS catback exhaust
- Vmax Black Ice-olator LLT V6 heat isolator

I've always liked American muscle cars, so getting this Camaro was a natural progression for me. At the time, I was driving a red Mazda CX-7. I lived in New Orleans, LA at the time I purchased it, which was just after Hurricane Katrina. I needed it for work, since the roads were pretty bad, and I needed something I could haul equipment around in. I moved to New Mexico in January 2011 and with the new job, I didn't need a larger vehicle anymore. One Saturday, I was watching TV, and saw a commercial for the 2011 Camaro. I immediately jumped online and began looking at the Camaros at the local dealership. I saw a IOM 1LT and fell in love at first sight! So the next day, I went to the dealership with a Mazda CX-7 and left with this :headbang::

aquablueL99 04-22-2012 06:43 PM

Nice choice of cars...also welcome to the club. IOM is a great color....:chevy:

Oh BTW---nice garage!!

2010 SSRS 04-22-2012 06:47 PM

welcome, love that IOM

mbonet 04-23-2012 06:07 PM

1NF3RN0's Journey

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 4848148)
Nice choice of cars...also welcome to the club. IOM is a great color....:chevy:

Oh BTW---nice garage!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 4848177)
welcome, love that IOM

Thanks to both of you! Feelin' the Chevy love. :wub: Standby...more to come! :thumbup:

mbonet 04-23-2012 06:13 PM

1NF3RN0's Journey

4 Attachment(s)
So while I was at the dealership, one of the salesman introduced me to the Camaro Club of New Mexico. I attended a meeting and decided to join. Here are pics from my first Sunday drive with CCNM. :thumbsup:

mbonet 04-23-2012 07:02 PM

1NF3RN0's Journey

4 Attachment(s)
So parade season began, and I decided to participate. No new mods yet, but lots of fun was had by all for the 4th of July and Memorial Day parades. Here are a few pics from before the parades while we were all lined up.

mbonet 04-23-2012 07:39 PM

1NF3RN0's Journey

8 Attachment(s)
After seeing all the different mods on CCNM members' cars, I got the itch to make some changes. I decided to begin with some asthetic upgrades. I sought out some help from fellow members. Big ups to Southwestspeed.net and Ivan for most of the work on my ride!!!! My first mod was amber interior conversion LED's.

Next up was 15% tint from New Mexico Tint. This is a must have in the New Mexico desert!!! The next day, I got amber footwells and IOM painted side markers. I haven't figured out how to take pics of the amber lighting and have it come out right, so no pics of that to show unfortunately. :facepalm: When I figure it out, I'll post those pics for sure! :help:

Here are some pics of the tint and side markers on the car, including some before and after pics. The side markers are my favorite mod at this point in the build.

jesserayjames 04-23-2012 07:42 PM

Welcome, I have a OEM rear spoiler from a IOM 2012 SS for sale if you are interested.......................... JRJ:thumbsup:

mbonet 04-23-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesserayjames (Post 4853983)
Welcome, I have a OEM rear spoiler from a IOM 2012 SS for sale if you are interested.......................... JRJ:thumbsup:

Thank you. I have a spoiler now. I just haven't gotten that far in my journal. I appreciate it though! :D

mbonet 04-23-2012 08:05 PM

1NF3RN0's Journey

10 Attachment(s)
Next up, gloss black vinyl Javelin stripes! Thanks to Brandon (fellow CCNM member) and Adam for the beautiful work. :respekt:

mbonet 04-23-2012 08:25 PM

Painted bowties/Rear diffuser/Illuminated rear bowtie

10 Attachment(s)
A set of SS catbacks became available at a price I couldn't refuse...so Ivan@Southwestspeed.net swapped out my stock V6 catback for it! Car sounds meaner already, plus the whole in the rear diffuser is filled in a bit better!!!

My next mods were as follows:

Replace factor rear bowtie with an illuminated rear bowtie painted IOM
IOM painted front bowtie
IOM painted rear diffuser
IOM painted OEM spoiler

This gave a whole new look to the car to go with the new sound. :thumbup: :headbang:

Pics taken at Kirtland AFB Airshow featuring Camaro Club of New Mexico on display! My car in the aerial shot is the 1st one on the left.

KidKilowatt 04-23-2012 08:34 PM

Your car looks great !! Mod on !

mbonet 04-23-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidKilowatt (Post 4854377)
Your car looks great !! Mod on !

Thanks for the love! Love your wheels! What are those? :respekt:

Jmack25 04-23-2012 09:01 PM

Glad to see you started a build thread Melody :w00t:..