Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New cam/longtubes/CAI for road courses (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321397)

ssmike 11-03-2013 03:19 PM

That does sound sweet! Perfect lope without being too radical! I love the road course video!

Orange Crush 1LE 11-04-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmike (Post 7153760)
That does sound sweet! Perfect lope without being too radical! I love the road course video!

Thanks Mike, I honestly didn't know you could have this much fun in a car! This is a good time to be a muscle car guy, just like the '60s!

ssmike 11-04-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE (Post 7155521)
Thanks Mike, I honestly didn't know you could have this much fun in a car! This is a good time to be a muscle car guy, just like the '60s!

I agree! I did an HPDE track day at Gingerman last year and I loved it! I think I'm hooked! It's gonna be an expensive sport though for sure! I'm doing some brake and suspension work and hopefully a cam so I can keep up with the pack!

sdmbdad71 11-07-2013 09:06 AM

Thanks!

I definitely like what you've done with her!

The lope is about what I expected from your descriptions. Sounds good!

Cuda7050 11-07-2013 09:31 PM

I love the way you set your car up. I wonder how the Orange Crush 1LE would do on the track against a new Z28?

Orange Crush 1LE 11-08-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmbdad71 (Post 7164840)
Thanks!

I definitely like what you've done with her!

The lope is about what I expected from your descriptions. Sounds good!

Orange Crush 1LE 11-08-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuda7050 (Post 7167056)
I love the way you set your car up. I wonder how the Orange Crush 1LE would do on the track against a new Z28?

Thanks Cuda. By the way, my first car was a '70 Cuda with a nitrous 383 Magunum. Good memories.

Man that Z28 is a fine ride, it'll be fun to meet up with one on the track some day. I think the weight is about the same as mine, as I've shed about 80 pounds between exhaust and wheels, and will be losing another 22 pounds with lightweight brake rotors when the stockers wear out. I've got the edge on horsepower and torque. My guess is the suspension is a wash. Pete helped me dial in my Pedders pretty nicely, but the GM engineers have clearly mastered suspension engineering with their latest Corvette and Camaro offerings. The Z28's got the advantage on brakes and aero. I tracked a ZR1 with carbon ceramic brakes at Ron Fellows School, they are the real deal. Fantastic brakes, no fade, no squeak, consistent performance hot or cold, and they last for freakin ever. My stock pads wore out in 4 track days, although I'm not complaining as I've yet to make them fade. However, the ZR1's (and I'm sure the Z28's) brakes go about 6,000 track miles at Ron Fellows without a pad change. Rotors are always flawless, you never need to turn or replace them.

Rornls3 11-08-2013 01:09 AM

Good to see another hpde camaro in the area!

I know Rick, he's a great guy. I decided to use Luke at Blu808 because he works right around the corner from where I work and he is a track guy himself.

Question about the track cam, what was mpg like before and after? I will probably be tracking my car around 3-5 days a year going forward. The rest of the time she is a weekend warrior cruising the highways, maybe 3-4 medium length road trips a year to places like Napa, Yosemite, Tahoe, etc. so mpg is somewhat a factor.

Orange Crush 1LE 11-08-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rornls3 (Post 7167499)
Good to see another hpde camaro in the area!

I know Rick, he's a great guy. I decided to use Luke at Blu808 because he works right around the corner from where I work and he is a track guy himself.

Question about the track cam, what was mpg like before and after? I will probably be tracking my car around 3-5 days a year going forward. The rest of the time she is a weekend warrior cruising the highways, maybe 3-4 medium length road trips a year to places like Napa, Yosemite, Tahoe, etc. so mpg is somewhat a factor.

I haven't checked the MPG yet. I run really short 315/30-18s on my track trips, which are 2.3" smaller in diameter, so I'm sure that hits the fuel economy. It's a mild cam so I imagine it does ok but not as good as stock.

Hey I'm going to be tracking Dec 21 -22 at Buttonwillow. They get almost no rain, so its a good winter track. Treat yourself to an early Christmas present and join me.

Todd

ssmike 11-08-2013 11:04 AM

I wish I lived in Cali! Getting ready to store Big Red for the winter! :frown: No more track days till next May for me!

SPCBA 11-08-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE (Post 7168101)
I haven't checked the MPG yet. I run really short 315/30-18s on my track trips, which are 2.3" smaller in diameter, so I'm sure that hits the fuel economy. It's a mild cam so I imagine it does ok but not as good as stock.

Hey I'm going to be tracking Dec 21 -22 at Buttonwillow. They get almost no rain, so its a good winter track. Treat yourself to an early Christmas present and join me.

Todd

Come down to fontana this weekend and get on the roval! Shooting to be at buttonwillow...cant imagine a better Christmas present to myself than to test some new parts out on a road course.

Orange Crush 1LE 11-08-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 7168369)
Come down to fontana this weekend and get on the roval! Shooting to be at buttonwillow...cant imagine a better Christmas present to myself than to test some new parts out on a road course.

Man, I wish I could! My lady and I will be at a holiday party. That'd be great if you can make it to Buttonwillow. I'd like to get your insights on brake upgrades at some point, all the info out there is dizzying and it's hard to choose a direction. I'll have to save that upgrade for after I replenish the piggy bank, stock rotors and HP+ pads are doing okay for me so far.