Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   who has the patience for a 2011 camaro? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13203)

1982camaro 02-09-2009 11:06 PM

who has the patience for a 2011 camaro?

when will the 2011 model be available for purchase?

i am considering waiting an extra year to get my SS, because of all this talk of mark-ups, no ambient lighting, etc and having to wait until fall 2009 to get a camaro SS. I am also told that it is not good to buy a car the first year it comes out because of the possibility of bugs, glithes, and numerous trips to the dealership.

i just think that its going to be a pain in the arse getting a camaro ss this year unless you have a pre-order. I went to my local dealer today and was told they are sure marking up prices.

so who has the patience to wait for all the hype and mark ups to come down? and get a 2011?

i might do it and just make my down payment bigger and my payments lower. No way i will pay over msrp for a car.

ArcAngel 02-09-2009 11:10 PM

I dont know I am willing to try and wait but I'm leaning towards no, I am starting to feel the same way as you

Chemical 02-09-2009 11:15 PM

I have to wait. I don't graduate until December 2009, and once I start my career and save for a sizable down payment, I'll purchase the Camaro with everything. That includes a custom paint job.

I'll probably just wait for the 2011 model year, instead of getting a late 2010 model.

I am NOT at all concerned about quality issues with the Camaro right off the bat from production.

FenwickHockey65 02-09-2009 11:16 PM

I'll have to wait as well. Can't have a car my freshman year of college, and I need to shuffle some finances around. I might have to hold out until 2012.

ArcAngel 02-09-2009 11:18 PM

Guys this all all hoping that in 2011 or 2012 the Camaro as seen here will be in production or even at an affordable level between CAFE and the state of GM its up in the air

1982camaro 02-09-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 283852)
I dont know I am willing to try and wait but I'm leaning towards no, I am starting to feel the same way as you

think about it

you will have to wait until september or october to walk in a dealer and get a 2010, just wait like 3 months after that to pay msrp for a 2011, and get the deal you want.

might as well wait a few more months and wait for the opinions of actual owners that are going to put a few miles on these cars.

i live in southern california. i called five local dealers and 4 of them said they are marking up prices, the other said they are not sure.

Chemical 02-09-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 283866)
Guys this all all hoping that in 2011 or 2012 the Camaro as seen here will be in production or even at an affordable level between CAFE and the state of GM its up in the air

Of course I'm assuming there will be future models... but seriously, would they build a brand new platform to just build ONE long model year of Camaros?

The Camaro will sell and it will sell very well. Those who are in the market to buy Mustangs, Challengers and other similar cars will see the Camaro as a better buy no matter what trim its in.

...so 2011 for me.:thumbsup:

Edit: CAFE (Company AVERAGE Fuel Economy)... its an average per volume of cars sold. GM is fine.

ArcAngel 02-09-2009 11:31 PM

Hey Chemical if you havent read lately the platform has been axed so the G8 and Camaro only cars that will EVER be built on it!! This means that A- they will have a very long life on the same platform like the fbody did or B- the more likely scenario short life cycle so this way they can adapt and change to cafe and not invest more money into products that might not be able to make the cut. or C- the Camaro will go to a different lighter platform because the engines will become turbo 4cyl and twin turbo 6 to meet cafe... so as of now up in the air! When this platform was made they weren't intending on scrapping it , but they have so no one knows

1982camaro 02-09-2009 11:32 PM

anyone have an idea when the 2011 model will be available?

ssdavidw 02-09-2009 11:36 PM

I'm waiting until 2011 for a number of reasons.

First I have about 16 months of payments left on my Avalanche. I expect to pay it off sometime this year and want a few months to build up a nice down payment.

Second, I was a very early adopter when the Avalanche first came out in 2001 (2002 model year). In 2003 they were able to add all of the things they wanted to get in the Avalanche but didn't have time or whatever other reason. The changes from 2002 to 2003 were pretty significant.

I don't know that the Camaro will have major changes but I can already see a few things that may get delayed until 2011 like ambient lighting, HUD, etc.

Third I'm an impulse buy/instant gratification kinda person. I'll buy something from the store just to get it right now even if I have to pay a little more. When I buy online I'm checking the tracking every 5 minutes to see where my package is. The thought of putting an order in and then waiting an unknown number of months would drive me absolutely insane.

Fourth, I want to get some feedback from 2010 owners on what they ordered and color selections and what they liked and didn't like.

That's not to say that if I had an opportunity to jump on a 2010 later this fall or winter that I wouldn't consider it.

HooliganZ 02-09-2009 11:39 PM

I have to wait until 2012. I wish I could buy sooner, but I leave for Germany this July and won't be back to the states until 2012. I'm taking the G8 with me to Germany.

Camaro_Corvette 02-09-2009 11:45 PM

My estimated time of purchase is around a 2011 camaro.

Hooy 02-10-2009 12:08 AM

Honestly, I don't think I can wait much. I will probably walk into a dealership this year and splurge, unless some more concrete evidence of a better 2011 model arises.

chadrcr 02-10-2009 12:11 AM

I do not have enough patients to wait until yesterday...:chevy::chevy::chevy:
I really want an '09... '010 just dont sound the same:bonk: