Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Stainless Works Exhaust (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212100)

oilman63 03-26-2012 01:42 PM

Stainless Works Exhaust

1 Attachment(s)
Nice exhaust until the driver side cat blew apart,and got all jammed up in the x pipe.Now it wouldn't have bothered me so much except I've only put less than 7500 miles on it since I put the exhaust on.I emailed receipts and pictures to Paul at stainless last Thursday.On Friday he said he would call me by the end of the Day.Friday came and went ,now it's Monday and I haven't heard from them yet.So I gave him a call today and sat on hold for 10 minutes.My times as important as the next guys.So I hung up and here I am.Now this really sucks .My car's sitting on the lift while I decide what I'm going to do.Oh and not to mention it took 6 hours to dig that crap out of the x pipe.

oilman63 03-26-2012 01:42 PM

Oh this is a picture from the rear of the x pipe .More to follow.

Unobtainium 03-26-2012 01:53 PM

I stopped using their stuff a while back because of quality concerns with some parts they sent me. It looked like Chinese work.
It is an unfortunate byproduct of trying to sell the most for the least.
I'm sure this isn't all that common, but none of that matters if the customer service isn't there. They were always good to deal with in my experience though.
Maybe you've hit the perfect storm of a freak failure and a busy week or something. I hope they get you sorted out. I've seen quite a few cat failures on FI cars around here.

oilman63 03-26-2012 02:02 PM

Well I just got a call from Paul at stainless and my cats are on the way.

jeremywilson18 03-26-2012 02:04 PM

is your car NA or blown? I just put SW in my car and don't want that to happen

jmart53 03-26-2012 02:16 PM

should have gone catless offroad pipes ;) sorry to hear about it, hopefully everything gets worked out for you.

TRIPWIRE 03-26-2012 02:23 PM

wow thats pretty messed up and it seemed like they had a good reputation but i guess not

LED Crazy 03-26-2012 02:45 PM

Woah.. I just ordered these.. Hope they are excellent quality like I hear of their headers. I do not have time to fix something that should be great from the start.

10aSSee D 03-26-2012 06:22 PM

I don't have their cats but I do have their full exhaust and it is bad a$$. I have never had a problem with their customer service, a great bunch of guys if you ask me and great products!!

GEEo 03-26-2012 06:26 PM

This is why I didnt go with HF Cats.

LED Crazy 03-26-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10aSSee D (Post 4708320)
I don't have their cats but I do have their full exhaust and it is bad a$$. I have never had a problem with their customer service, a great bunch of guys if you ask me and great products!!

That is what I am going for in the end. Cat back for now then add headers later

Stainless Works 03-29-2012 08:28 AM

Hey we got you taken care of OilMan, new cats are on the way to you!

Sorry about the delays in customer service, sometimes getting something like this processed takes longer than we would like.

For what its worth, we have moved to a new cat design compared to the one Oilman had blow out on him. These new cats are built with forced induction in mind and have a 200 cell count, heavy duty (thicker walled) substrate. This is now the only cat we use.

We always stand behind our product 100%. If you guys have any problems please email or call us so we can take care you!

-Jason

jmart53 03-29-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stainless Works (Post 4722491)

Sorry about the delays in customer service, sometimes getting something like this processed takes longer than we would like.

For what its worth, we have moved to a new cat design compared to the one Oilman had blow out on him. These new cats are built with forced induction in mind and have a 200 cell count, heavy duty (thicker walled) substrate. This is now the only cat we use.

We always stand behind our product 100%. If you guys have any problems please email or call us so we can take care you!

-Jason

:clap:

bthomp01 03-29-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stainless Works (Post 4722491)

-Jason

Does this go for the stainless power cats as well?